Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A game this big has a very low likelihood of scum randomly hitting the doc day 1.

You might also want to think about what just the suggestion that the doc should consider protecting you has done to the likelihood that scum will risk wasting a night kill on you.

Seems contrived and jumping to a conclusion in order to appear innocent..plenty of time to work through this before directing protections.. particualy with 17 players and the game just starting there may be 5 better targets that appear between now and the first night phase....

besides, dpr's point of him being a bomb of sorts is probably enough to cause scum to have second thought's anyway

Vote Count

brettw4rd (1) - Pac2566

Jets Voice of Reason (1) - Dan X

CTM (4) - JiF, SMC, Integrity28, Doggin94it

Dan X (1) - AVM

SMC (2) - Vicious89x, CTM

Vicious89x (1) - Sharrow

Sharrow (2) - Crusher, JVoR

Pac2566 (1) - Klecko73isGod

Doggin94it (1) - DPR

With 17 players remaining, it takes 9 votes to feed the Sarlacc.

I28, the purpose of a doctor is not to just self protect... It is to block a kill and to protect power roles. That seems to be forgotten a lot.

Yes but the question is would BG out a power role in the intro. I agree Doc directing at this point is a little extreme.

Besides... what "power" could an Ewok possibly have... much like the real I28 they're 1 step above Chinchilla on the evolutionary scale.

Vote Count

brettw4rd (1) - Pac2566

CTM (5) - JiF, SMC, Integrity28, Doggin94it, Klecko

Dan X (1) - AVM

Vicious89x (1) - Sharrow

Doggin94it (1) - DPR

This is true, but reading the Ewok wiki, it doesn't seem likely that a member of this purposely primitive tribe of beings who worship CP3O as a god would have any specific power in this game. Much more important that the doc protect himself, I'd think.

FOS: JVoR for pushing this load early.

FOS me all you want, my statement is 100% true.

Think about it as if you were mafia. Who are you itching to kill? Confirmed innocents are a pain in the ass because you can't lynch them, it's a high priority kill no matter if I28 has a deeper power or not.

That said, Doc will do whatever they please, it was just a suggestion.

So I rewatched the movie a couple times, and reread the opening scene. Not a lot to go on. I've seen episodes IV-VI but it's been a while, and it's not like I ever dressed as Princess Leia myself, so I'm just wondering what the fanatics think about potential setups here.

17 players is a large, odd number. I think it's safe to assume we've got a four player Imperialist scum team, but are there any characters that lend themselves to being a third party in this game? A SK or survivor type? What about characters that were traitors to the resistance? Any of those?

Just trying to get a feel for what we're up against. Bleedin' didn't drop any hints along those lines, but I have a tough time thinking this is going to be a completely vanilla, good vs. evil game.

If we go by the 25% percent rule (scum are 25% of total number in standard setup), that makes it 4 Imperialists.

I gather they are the Emperor, Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Boba Fett (possibly, but he's really a 3rd party)

If Bleedin is true to the source material, Boba Fett would be a 3rd party figure which would fall into your SK suggestion and Admiral Piett would be the 4th Imperialist.

PERHAPS, since we're on Tattoine, there is a 3rd party group led by Jaba Hutt with Boba Fett as his henchmen.

That said, I would think Jaba would be the 3rd party. He's a slug and it wouldn't be out of the question that he has some ability to sell out the Rebellion to the Imperialists at the highest price.

As to a traitor, the only one I can think of in Lando, but after he betrayed Han & Leia he joined the rebellion.

Yes but the question is would BG out a power role in the intro. I agree Doc directing at this point is a little extreme.

Besides... what "power" could an Ewok possibly have... much like the real I28 they're 1 step above Chinchilla on the evolutionary scale.

Okay, i meant power roles in general. I wasn't intimidating that I28 was necessarily one. So...my bad I can see why that's confusing.

I just meant if it's a confirmed innocent.

If we go by the 25% percent rule (scum are 25% of total number in standard setup), that makes it 4 Imperialists.

I gather they are the Emperor, Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Boba Fett (possibly, but he's really a 3rd party)

If Bleedin is true to the source material, Boba Fett would be a 3rd party figure which would fall into your SK suggestion and Admiral Piett would be the 4th Imperialist.

PERHAPS, since we're on Tattoine, there is a 3rd party group led by Jaba Hutt with Boba Fett as his henchmen.

That said, I would think Jaba would be the 3rd party. He's a slug and it wouldn't be out of the question that he has some ability to sell out the Rebellion to the Imperialists at the highest price.

As to a traitor, the only one I can think of in Lando, but after he betrayed Han & Leia he joined the rebellion.

mmmm Traitor. Smells like CTM.

FOS me all you want, my statement is 100% true.

Think about it as if you were mafia. Who are you itching to kill? Confirmed innocents are a pain in the ass because you can't lynch them, it's a high priority kill no matter if I28 has a deeper power or not.

That said, Doc will do whatever they please, it was just a suggestion.

I think, as slats said earlier, we seem to be incredibly proficient as a group in outing power roles. At this point talking about doc protecting mr Ewok seems beneficial only to the person suggesting it..

Vote Vicious, for getting it backwards.

Vader is Luke's father, not the other way around

LOL- Well played

One thing I want to note is like Vic, I live on the west coast (not ****ty oregon, but beautiful sunny California).. so my posting hours will be different than the majority. So dont think im hiding out, im probably asleep!

****ty Oregon? I like you. Oregon = TEH SUCK

ORLY??

80520839.jpg

*Well, I was planning on playing mafia today, but it looks like I'll be gathering up the smashed pieces of my Star Wars/Princess Leia fantasy and heading on down to see the therapist instead...think I'll skip lunch.*

But as long as I'm here, I don't like Doggin dismissing the idea of a cult. I know that there wasn't a prominent cult in the movies, but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be one in the game.

How do the games go here? Do the mods incorporate the theme into play or is it mainly window dressing?

*Well, I was planning on playing mafia today, but it looks like I'll be gathering up the smashed pieces of my Star Wars/Princess Leia fantasy and heading on down to see the therapist instead...think I'll skip lunch.*

But as long as I'm here, I don't like Doggin dismissing the idea of a cult. I know that there wasn't a prominent cult in the movies, but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be one in the game.

How do the games go here? Do the mods incorporate the theme into play or is it mainly window dressing?

They incorporate it into the game.

Do I need to repost the Olivia Munn Leia picture?

The Sith were kind of a cult.

A train is building in CTM's direction. I think I will gladly jump on!

:Banane43:

UNVOTE

VOTE: CTM

I understand that screwing with CTM is part of the fun of JN mafia, but putting a fifth vote on him at this point in the game?

vote: Klecko

Vote Count

brettw4rd (1) - Pac2566

CTM (5) - JiF, SMC, Integrity28, Doggin94it, Klecko

Dan X (1) - AVM

Vicious89x (1) - Sharrow

Doggin94it (1) - DPR

Klecko (1) - slats

Archived