Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I rewatched the movie a couple times, and reread the opening scene. Not a lot to go on. I've seen episodes IV-VI but it's been a while, and it's not like I ever dressed as Princess Leia myself, so I'm just wondering what the fanatics think about potential setups here.

17 players is a large, odd number. I think it's safe to assume we've got a four player Imperialist scum team, but are there any characters that lend themselves to being a third party in this game? A SK or survivor type? What about characters that were traitors to the resistance? Any of those?

Just trying to get a feel for what we're up against. Bleedin' didn't drop any hints along those lines, but I have a tough time thinking this is going to be a completely vanilla, good vs. evil game.

I'm gonna have to agree we've got the bounty hunter as an SK. In a game of this size, I'd assume we're going to be looking at multiple night kills, and the first way you do that? Serial Killer, IMO.

MOD NOTE: You can all feel free to quote this picture as often as you like.

Thank you.

:rl:

On a side note, the CTM train is getting up and going real quick today.

If we go by the 25% percent rule (scum are 25% of total number in standard setup), that makes it 4 Imperialists.

I gather they are the Emperor, Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Boba Fett (possibly, but he's really a 3rd party)

If Bleedin is true to the source material, Boba Fett would be a 3rd party figure which would fall into your SK suggestion and Admiral Piett would be the 4th Imperialist.

PERHAPS, since we're on Tattoine, there is a 3rd party group led by Jaba Hutt with Boba Fett as his henchmen.

That said, I would think Jaba would be the 3rd party. He's a slug and it wouldn't be out of the question that he has some ability to sell out the Rebellion to the Imperialists at the highest price.

As to a traitor, the only one I can think of in Lando, but after he betrayed Han & Leia he joined the rebellion.

This is all good stuff. Thanks.

I won't keep the names straight, but clearly we could have a lot going on here.

Let me start by outing a doosh... Starts with S and ends with lats.

Sometimes I can't help myself. :mrgreen:

****ty Oregon? I like you. Oregon = TEH SUCK

If not for the rain, and the fact that Oregon is slated to drop off the continent along with California during the great earthquake of 2012, that's probably one part of the country that I could really enjoy living in. Hippies with guns. It's gotta be fun, right?

I'm gonna have to agree we've got the bounty hunter as an SK. In a game of this size, I'd assume we're going to be looking at multiple night kills, and the first way you do that? Serial Killer, IMO.

:rl:

It's kind of concerning. I'm hoping most of it is in jest.

This is all good stuff. Thanks.

I won't keep the names straight, but clearly we could have a lot going on here.

Sometimes I can't help myself. :mrgreen:

If not for the rain, and the fact that Oregon is slated to drop off the continent along with California during the great earthquake of 2012, that's probably one part of the country that I could really enjoy living in. Hippies with guns. It's gotta be fun, right?

Oh man, I could write 5 paragraphs on why it sucks. But I am not a hippie, if anything I'm the polar opposite, Dom Draper is my hero kind of guy. Don't mix well with the hippie folk.

At least it's cheap! That I will say, my standard of living here is much better then it would be at home.

Agreed.

FOS for BrettF4vre

I think once people get the joking out of their systems... we should probably revisit the comments by CTM and Doggin here to determine the validity of FOS.

Also, I think BG took some sort of pleasure in making me not only Wicket, but also outing me in the opening scene to see what would come of it. Devious bastard.

BRETT FAVRE!!!!!????? L33T reading comprehension bro, last names Ward, not Favre.

Terrible insult if thats what you were going for :)

BRETT FAVRE!!!!!????? L33T reading comprehension bro, last names Ward, not Favre.

Terrible insult if thats what you were going for :)

Yeah...um...brett, meet I28. He also goes by monkey boy, I2D2, or Watson. He's going to insult/piss you off more than you could imagine. He is, however, pretty harmless and fun to play with. Just watch for the poo slinging.

Technically. But you got Bobba Fett and Jabba at least.

Jabba and his crew would be the most "cult" like in my opinion.

Jabba & Bobba would fit into the notion of 3rd party because they have their own setup and merely work with the Empire.

I don't think they fit into the cult notion.

If anything, it would fit in the CTM "All in the Family" game with the 2 sets of cops as scum.

Jabba & Bobba would be a semi-rival scum team (semi-rival because they could potentially aid the Imperialists).

Jabba & Bobba would fit into the notion of 3rd party because they have their own setup and merely work with the Empire.

I don't think they fit into the cult notion.

If anything, it would fit in the CTM "All in the Family" game with the 2 sets of cops as scum.

Jabba & Bobba would be a semi-rival scum team (semi-rival because they could potentially aid the Imperialists).

True- perhaps I phrased it wrong. I was alluding to a 3rd party possibility. But honestly outside of that I don't know what else to think about it. When it comes down to 3rd parties for Star Wars it's difficult to imagine because it was pretty clear cut to me, bad guys vs. good guys.

True- perhaps I phrased it wrong. I was alluding to a 3rd party possibility. But honestly outside of that I don't know what else to think about it. When it comes down to 3rd parties for Star Wars it's difficult to imagine because it was pretty clear cut to me, bad guys vs. good guys.

Yep. And that's why I think Jabba (& his crew?) is the 3rd party in this game. It's perfect for him since we're on Tattoine.

Yep. And that's why I think Jabba (& his crew?) is the 3rd party in this game. It's perfect for him since we're on Tattoine.

Maybe with the ability to freeze someone in carbonite? With Boba Fett having a NK ability?

That clumsy "doc direction" thing he pulled is about as clear a reason for voting someone Day 1 as you're going to get, and the fact that he's piling up subtle defenders "5th vote on the train?!" "Train is moving fast . . ." only makes me like him more as a Day 1 lynch. Lots of information to be gained there.

Maybe with the ability to freeze someone in carbonite? With Boba Fett having a NK ability?

This is what I thought from the beginning.. Jabba/Boba and Boba definitely has some type of Vig/NK ability.

Yep. And (pure speculation) there could be a nasty little contingency there.

Perhaps Jabba/Fett have the ability to freeze a player and if they get Han Solo they win the game.

It's sorta the reverse of the DA looking for Michael Jackson in EY's Perv Mafia.

So I just found out the hotel I'm staying at charges $12 per use (not day) for Wifi... I'll be gone from tomorrow thru Sunday afternoon and I'm not about to pay $100 or more to talk with you fools on da interwebz.

I'll try to find a Starbucks or something nearby with free wifi and pop in once a day or something but my contributions after today will be sparse until Sunday.

That clumsy "doc direction" thing he pulled is about as clear a reason for voting someone Day 1 as you're going to get, and the fact that he's piling up subtle defenders "5th vote on the train?!" "Train is moving fast . . ." only makes me like him more as a Day 1 lynch. Lots of information to be gained there.

Oh, I definitely agree that there's some info to be gathered by the whole situation. This seems like a pretty firm opinion from you early on Day 1. Five votes this early in any game is lightening quick. Any comments about that -including mine - are completely valid, IMHO.

Yep. And (pure speculation) there could be a nasty little contingency there.

Perhaps Jabba/Fett have the ability to freeze a player and if they get Han Solo they win the game.

It's sorta the reverse of the DA looking for Michael Jackson in EY's Perv Mafia.

Guys . . . I like the way you think, but this is getting far afield. We'll no more about the game setup after a night or two (i.e. are their two kills, what has the coroner revealed, etc.). Right now, lets not spend too much of our time worrying about the setup instead of scum hunting/info gathering

Lol.. I see what your doing and I don't like it

Clumsy doc direction? You've yet to indicate who your statement benefitted besides yourself. Yeah, i get it, 2 seconds into the game you were already wifom'ing scum on a decision they likely won't make for several days and now you think cause a train has gotten 1/2 way to completion our information gathering responsibilties have been met.

Has everyone even checked in yet?

by all mean, pursue your case, you're not going to learn a single thing other then how quickly you can get a townie lynched

Oh, I definitely agree that there's some info to be gathered by the whole situation. This seems like a pretty firm opinion from you early on Day 1. Five votes this early in any game is lightening quick. Any comments about that -including mine - are completely valid, IMHO.

Especially considering that we've had, what, 3 or 4 speed lynches combined in the first two games? :P I've just never seen this early on day one someone acquire so many votes

So I just found out the hotel I'm staying at charges $12 per use (not day) for Wifi... I'll be gone from tomorrow thru Sunday afternoon and I'm not about to pay $100 or more to talk with you fools on da interwebz.

I'll try to find a Starbucks or something nearby with free wifi and pop in once a day or something but my contributions after today will be sparse until Sunday.

That sucks..i've noticed more hotels are charging for wifi again.. homos

That does suck.

Can't follow it on your phone?

That's what I did when I went to Disney World.

Archived