Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

Just catching up after Lost...and my main thought is this is one heck of a pissin' match between Doggin and DPR.

Yeah, I think they are a team, the objective... to eventually be the only 2 posting in the thread.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if I buy any of these arguments trying to link people together. The only time I can remember it working is in the fatties game because the scum chose to out themselves and won anyway. So regarding Doggin and DPR, I'm not really buying what either one of them is selling. I don't like spending too much time inventing possible scenarios the scum may be using. For all we know, they're all on Doggin, or all on Crusher, or spread out all over the place.

I tried looking back to see which game it was where Doggin did the same thing, but I couldn't find anything yet. Regardless, I'm not going to put Doggin at L-2 when I'll be gone all day tomorrow.

So, vote: JVoR for similar tactics of proposing that scum are attacking anyone who votes for Crusher. I think that would be a little too obvious.

Tomorrow is going to be extremely busy for me, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to post until tomorrow night. If I do, it'll be from my phone. Should be back by 9ish, though.

I agree... most of the banter right now is pointless until we see a lynch of either Doggin, JVOR, Slats, DPR, CTM or Crusher.

At this point all the "veterans" are posturing WAY too much for my taste.

heh - yeah, we're a six man mafia team. You see where that gets you?

Look at it this way - if you are not mafia, you are being manipulated by one, because out of all of this, it won't turn out to be all innocents hammering each other for no reason.

really don't like the way you guys are dividing the town into two so neatly. I guess out of the 9 players actually contributing, half of us are scum.

And now, you two are metagaming, atleast to the degree which was being done earlier, and if there's ever been a gambit, it's this..

Wes, you're tap dancing.

You're moving back and forth between calling the three of us on Crusher an "organized" "planned" "concerted push" and temporizing with "well, at least one of them is"

You still haven't answered my simple question. How are those two lines of attack compatible?

really don't like the way you guys are dividing the town into two so neatly. I guess out of the 9 players actually contributing, half of us are scum.

And now, you two are metagaming, atleast to the degree which was being done earlier, and if there's ever been a gambit, it's this..

Who's dividing the town into two? DPR, sure, but me? I think Slats is a townie, I'm fairly certain Wes isn't, and believe that Crusher and Brett could be teammates. Other than that, there's the Day 1 case on you (which, as with most Day 1 cases is fairly weak) and nothing else. I'm pretty sure there's scum on my bandwagon; they know I'm not with them, so why not use the opportunity to off me early (before I can be finder investigated)?

I'm somewhat torn between staying on Crush and jumping to DPR (Crush provides more info; Wes is playing dirtier right now).

What's your read?

Wes, you're tap dancing.

You're moving back and forth between calling the three of us on Crusher an "organized" "planned" "concerted push" and temporizing with "well, at least one of them is"

You still haven't answered my simple question. How are those two lines of attack compatible?

He said from the very beginning that "atleast one is"... So I dont really think he is going back and forth

Im going to break my voting cherry and go ahead and

Vote Doggin

Too much word twisting and spinning going on, and none of it is doing the majority of the game (town) any benefit.

He said from the very beginning that "atleast one is"... So I dont really think he is going back and forth

Vote Doggin

Too much word twisting and spinning going on, and none of it is doing the majority of the game (town) any benefit.

Well, there's a surprise :rolleyes:

Yes. But logically, if only one of us were scum, then the three of us wouldn't be making a "planned, concerted push" - since we wouldn't be teammates (which was my point)

Going to bed. If you guys aren't going to come to your senses tonight, please remember not to hammer before I get up.

Well, there's a surprise :rolleyes:

Yes. But logically, if only one of us were scum, then the three of us wouldn't be making a "planned, concerted push" - since we wouldn't be teammates (which was my point)

Going to bed. If you guys aren't going to come to your senses tonight, please remember not to hammer before I get up.

Whether his post was redundant or not.. you were still trying to convey his argument into something that wasn't true.

Seeya in the morning

Who's dividing the town into two? DPR, sure, but me? I think Slats is a townie, I'm fairly certain Wes isn't, and believe that Crusher and Brett could be teammates. Other than that, there's the Day 1 case on you (which, as with most Day 1 cases is fairly weak) and nothing else. I'm pretty sure there's scum on my bandwagon; they know I'm not with them, so why not use the opportunity to off me early (before I can be finder investigated)?

I'm somewhat torn between staying on Crush and jumping to DPR (Crush provides more info; Wes is playing dirtier right now).

What's your read?

I'm still favoring Dan, I can't decide between you and DPR, or that i even should be making that decision, it's just as likely that you are both innocent, both guilty or 1 of each..

FYI- for those who are to lazy to look and need a quick reference (again).. post count thus far

User Name Posts

CTM 70

Doggin94it 60

Vicious89x 60

The Crusher 48

D P R 48

brettw4rd 46

slats 44

Integrity28 38

Dan X 37

Bleedin' Green 36

Jets Voice of Reason 36

Sharrow 33

AVM 33

SMC 29

HessStation 29

Pac2566 28

Klecko73isGod 25

JiF 9

I'm still favoring Dan, I can't decide between you and DPR, or that i even should be making that decision, it's just as likely that you are both innocent, both guilty or 1 of each..

Wow... Doggin + DPR's propensity for over-explaining the obvious in order to sound like "logicians" is rubbing off on you.

I hope somebody hammers by morning... I can't take another 70+ pages of geniuzzzz. :rolleyes:

Hammering without allowing a response works to the help of the mafia 9 times out of 10. I feel most strongly about Doggin, but still -- not a good call.

Vote Doggin

Why do i feel like you've been waiting to make this vote for awhile, fwiw, you are probably my best bet for scum up till now and it's really tempting me to go against my normal prefence to not kill first time players on day 1..

Hammering without allowing a response works to the help of the mafia 9 times out of 10. I feel most strongly about Doggin, but still -- not a good call.

I'm venting.

Frankly day one is now 40 pages longer than it needed to be... mostly because we have the meta-egos playing ring-around the rosie...

I agree, he should have a chance to defend his case (as if the last 40 pages haven't provided that opportunity).

Why do i feel like you've been waiting to make this vote for awhile, fwiw, you are probably my best bet for scum up till now and it's really tempting me to go against my normal prefence to not kill first time players on day 1..

Honestly, I have been waiting to make it for awhile. Doggin has been rubbing me the wrong way all day.. been reading this for 12 hours today and finally had enough of it.

I didnt want to come into this game being the kind of player that just threw his vote everywhere, so I tried to hold off until I felt confident that I wouldnt find a better option. I feel like I did my due diligence.

Wow... Doggin + DPR's propensity for over-explaining the obvious in order to sound like "logicians" is rubbing off on you.

lol.. my point remains. I hate when the town adopts a mindset of one or the other. It's detrimental and almost always turns out bad for the town.

My point is that i don't think doggin's alignment dictates DPR's or vice versa..

This.

Regardless, we need to see the results of the day one lynch in order to go back and look at what everyone else did.

Another reason I find all this tail-chasing that Doggin, DPR, Slats have put us through is that 70+ pages on day one is going to ultimately discourage and inhibit people from going back to dig up quotes of what people actually said and did... making it easier for the manipulators in the game to shape perception by re-counting their memory of who did what.

Muddy.

Waters.

I'm your hoochie coochie mennnnnng!

lol.. my point remains. I hate when the town adopts a mindset of one or the other. It's detrimental and almost always turns out bad for the town.

My point is that i don't think doggin's alignment dictates DPR's or vice versa..

I'm not insinuating that at all. I am just growing impatient with all the bs stirring that is going on. The intentions are transparent... see my post above this.

Honestly, I have been waiting to make it for awhile. Doggin has been rubbing me the wrong way all day.. been reading this for 12 hours today and finally had enough of it.

I didnt want to come into this game being the kind of player that just threw his vote everywhere, so I tried to hold off until I felt confident that I wouldnt find a better option. I feel like I did my due diligence.

Scum.

Scum.

I think this was a joke? But heres the newb in me: I dont really know what is scummy about this. I want to be a player that is reserved in his votes (atleast when im this new to the game).. so what is wrong with putting my first ever vote on Doggin after reading this for 700+ posts, and there are 6 other people that agree with me.

I think this was a joke? But heres the newb in me: I dont really know what is scummy about this. I want to be a player that is reserved in his votes (atleast when im this new to the game).. so what is wrong with putting my first ever vote on Doggin after reading this for 700+ posts, and there are 6 other people that agree with me.

What is scummy, is that it is opportunistic.

700+ posts - doesn't matter.

First vote ever - doesn't matter.

6 other people that agree - doesn't matter.

What matters is that if you are scum, and Doggin is not... you are leveraging the "I'm a noob" facade to place him at L2.

As I learned last game, I could easily point a finger at you and call it "bandwagoning."

Fortunately, I was only busting your balls. Unless Doggin is town, then I think you are scum being coached...

Here's my take...

What do we generally like to do around here? Seems to me that we like to lynch townies, especially on D1. I also think the way we get townies lynched is that scum participates pretty heavily in getting that first lynch.

So while I'm of the opinion that Doggin is probably town, I'm not entirely against him being lynched at this point. I figure out of the current voters...

Doggin (6) - AVM, Sharrow, Integrity, DPR, SMC, Crusher + Brettw4rd

... at least two, and probably as many as three are Imperialist scum. Given that Integrity has been bona fide by the mod, that would mean that two or three of AVM, Sharrow, DPR, SMC, Crusher, and Brettw4rd would be scum.

Pretty good info right there if Doggin is lynched and proves to be innocent.

And if he's scum, well, then I'll congratulate all of you on lynching scum and I'll deal with any and all of my Doggin defenses tomorrow.

But that's where I think we are right now.

Slats is probably right. Not like you're going to buy my reveal anyway, since I can't give you one today without being modkilled.

I've dropped hints as to part of my role, but Bleedin says if I go any farther, I'm toast. I need a certain event to happen before I can reveal. If you were in a buying mood, I'd ask you to give me a day and let me reveal tomorrow (pretty sure its happening tonight).

But whatever. Lynch me. And when you see my coroner report, take my opinion that DPR, Crusher and Brett are high probability scum for whatever you think its worth

Vote Count

Crusher (3) - slats, JVoR, Doggin

JVoR (4) - JiF, Crusher, Klecko, Dan X

Doggin (7) - AVM, Sharrow, Integrity, DPR, SMC, Crusher, brettw4rd

AVM (1) - Pac

Dan X (1) - CTM

With 17 players remaining, it takes 9 votes to feed the Sarlacc.

How can Crusher vote for two people?

As I read all of the posts, I look at them individually, but I also try look at them as a bigger picture - and this is what I mean by that:

Doggin is currently at V6/9 - here's the count from BG: -

Doggin (6) - AVM, Sharrow, Integrity, DPR, SMC, Crusher

So far, most of the action in the game seems to swirl around CMT/Doggin/Slats/JVoR and Crusher. But only Crusher is in on this vote.

In contrast, here's Crusher's vote count from BG -

Crusher (3) - slats, JVoR, Doggin

Slats, JVoR and Doggin are all in on this vote.

Doggin's vote list is basically a sprinkling of players who have all decided that he was the most suspicious player so far.

Crusher's vote list is more of a concentrated push - which implies planning and strategy.

When I point this out, I realize that it's not exactly science. And certainly, out of the three votes on Crusher, they will not all be mafia. But I'll bet that at least one of them is - tt seems like an awful lot of work went into it for there not to be.

Doggin: would you generally agree with the logic I've presented?

Not really liking this post at all. You are definitely taking a stance on this it's completely the opposite of how i'm reading the situation. If all 3 of us is innocent you're setting up the ability to pick us off one by one under the pretense that you think at least one of us is guilty and missing 2 just means "you missed the one".

What I think about JVoR's post - this post -

"Just looking at the way this game has shifted, it might just be coincidence (i'm leaning towards it's not) but why are the 3 people who are voting you currently, me, slats, and doggin conveniently getting the most heat right now after we declared that something wasn't right with you?"

"it might just be coincidence" - pre-apology and an easy back-out. Not damning, but soething to consider.

"Why are the three people voting you currently, me, slats, and doggin conveniently getting the most heat right now after we declared that something wasn't right with you?" - This post is a defensive post. No matter what side you are on, this is an attempt to garner sympathy for three players that a voting for another, and took heat for it because the rest of the game did not agree with it and pointed it out.

It's also an emotional argument vs. factual. A factual argument would be when I said "Hey, Doggin, if there is a Watcher on the mafia team, then setting up the healer to get viewed will result in the healer getting killed." It ain't emotional - only factual.

Trying to imply that Crushers teammates all gathered up to defend him and are now beating up on the htree guys who innocently voted for him is not factual. It's made up and intended to sway people on an emotional level that has nothing to do with fact.

That's why I don't respond to stuff like that. What's the point?

We all react emotionally - and we'll all make emotionally driven posts - it's why this game is so much fun. But when you get a bunch of experienced players who try to drive a lynch - and you three are doing that, proven by your votes - who later try to back-peddle and then complain about how they are treated for doing it is just ridiculous.

No muss, no fuss, that's just how I see it. You can agree or disagree, but you asked, so that's it.

You calling it an emotional argument does not make it one, nor does it make it invalid. Crusher has picked up a crapload of defenders and i'm highly doubting that all of them are townies just thinking he's innocent.

Also, I don't give a crap about generating sympathy, and you trying to frame it that way is a gross misinterpretation of what it was.

Archived