I have to put my 2 year old dog down tomorrow...

HessStation

Sorry to hear about your dog, Hess.

As was said, the bonds between humans and dogs is amazing. I remember one particular dog we had when I was a kid. He wasn't the nicest dog to everyone but he helped me through a tough time when my dad died suddenly when I was 11. I loved that dog. At one doctor's visit when I was about 12, I guess he tried to bite the doctor and my mom had him put to sleep. I think the hardest part for her was coming home without my dog and telling me. Boy did I cry at that time. But my mother went out and got another dog and eventually I loved that dog just as much. So we grieve, we remember, and then we move on and continue to live.

Here's to the good memories, and the chocolate sundaes. :D

And I'm losing my freaking mind. The dog got lyme disease a year ago, got the shots and everything but his kidneys are now failing. He was at the vet all last week running tests. We brought him home Saturday morning knowing we'd have to bring him back tomorrow to be put down. I seriously can't remember being this sad. My kids kind of know whats going on but this is going to suck in so many ways tomorrow. Everyone loves this dog. And the worst part is I feel like he knows when he looks at me. God this sucks. Sorry for being a downer of a thread.

I'm sorry about your lose. If it's any consolation, he didn't know it was coming. He probably was in a lot of distress and you did the right thing by him. Sounds like you handled it like a champ with the kids too.

Just b/c this is still at the top of the page I just want to say it's nice to know there are still good people like you all. I sincerely appreciate all the responses. I normally don't look to others for help or comfort but I really needed it today. Hopefully I can finally go to sleep now. Again, thank you! Your responses really did help.

Archived