REPORT: Jets Shopping Faneca, Thomas, Ellis.

Ghost

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to that number, in one out of every 40 drop backs, Alan Faneca had a blown block. 70% of those resulted in a QB sack and 30% in a QB hurry. That was in 2009 when he was a year younger.

If he were to get worse in 2010, to the point where he really has to get out of the starting lineup, I'd feel better about his replacement if he worked with the first team for most of (or at least for a good portion of) the summer.

I hope they don't cut Ellis. Unlike the Faneca situation, there's no theoretical replacement.

+1

Cutting or trading Ellis would be idiotic. First off, Ellis is a better 3-4 DE than Faneca is an OG at this stage of their respective careers. Second, replacing Ellis means replacing 1/3 of the starting DL; replacing Faneca is replacing 1/5 of the starting OL. Not remotely the same thing.

He's a good run-stopper who could actually sack the passer now & then when we had a lesser secondary than today.

Yeah, I'd have to say this one would sit far worse with me than Faneca's release.

Archived