Carriker to the Redskins

JohnnyHector

Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Redskins have acquired DT Adam Carriker from the Rams.

There's no word yet on what the Rams receive in return. The Redkins don't have a pick in rounds two and three, so they'll likely be dipping into next year's draft pool. Former Rams coach Jim Haslett has been pushing to be reunited with Carriker since he got the Skins' coordinator job a couple of months ago. The addition of Carriker makes it much more likely that Albert Haynesworth will be dealt in the next few days.

:Typotux:

Skins gave up nothing for him. Swap their 5th for the Eagles 5th (the Rams had) and actually move up a few spots in a swap of 7ths. I'd take Holmes with my 5th, but he wouldn't have been a bad risk for 3-4 DE. He's been playing out of position with the Rams and constantly hurt, but he's played okay when healthy.

Looking back on the 2007 draft, I wanted either Carriker or Revis in the 1st with Carriker being my top pick.

Lucky it didn't happen that way.

As Bit mentioned, the injury is a huge concern, but he went to the wrong team. He had 3-4 DE written all over him.

Archived