Todays Loss Against Buffalo Officially Seals The Jets Season

YJF

At 2 and 4. The Jets playoff and division hopes are dead.

I'd like to be able to spin today's Jets loss into something positive but I can't. The damage is done and The Jets playoff hopes are officially dead after todays loss. Even with 10 games left. The Jets mission is impossible.

Even though, The standings tell you that The Jets are still only one game out of first place. The Jets have too many key AFC losses to have a chance to win tiebreakers. The Jets have lost to Jacksonville, Kansas City, Buffalo and Baltimore. They are now 1 and 1 in the division.

This is assuming that The Jets can somehow find a way to turn this years dissapointing start into a winning season. Look at the landscape Jets fans.

The wildcard is an extreme longshot and will take atleast 10 or 11 wins to get. The AFC East will be won with no less than 10 wins. The Jets needed to win todays game to keep their season and hopes alive. This is a crushing blow.

Vinny Testaverde is a nice story but he's not capable of taking this team to the promise land. The Jets defense let the team down today. Give credit to Buffalo who game planned well and executed. They unlike us are in a position to make a big run this year.

It's a bitter pill for me to swallow right now. So many expectations for this season. So much heartbreak. What else is new in Jets land? What can go wrong, always does. Why do things never go right with this team?

Next monday, We are in Atlanta and then we hit the bye. With 10 games left, The Jets season is dead.

Our defense was absolutely manhandled today.

Awful performance. Has Herm put the handcuffs on DOnnie? What happened to the Jets blitzing?

Our dline got worked. After his great game last week Robertson decided to not show up today.

Our offense still stinks.

YJF is the eternal always postive. Bad sign when he feels no hope.

But he knows this game and he is right. The defense laying an egg like that today sealed it. This year is done.

Oh they can try to squeak out 9 wins and be the 3rd wildcard. But they will fall short of that as well.

Our schedule sucks, but so does the pats, bills and phins.

I doubt any team in this division wins 10 games.

Bills cant stop the run, Phins are just average, Pats defense sucks, and the Jets offense sucks. All have hard hard schedules the rest of the way.

The season is not over, but its not looking good.

Throwing in the towell when you're a ******* GAME OUTA 1st place is PATHETIC.

Our schedule sucks, but so does the pats, bills and phins.

I doubt any team in this division wins 10 games.

Bills cant stop the run, Phins are just average, Pats defense sucks, and the Jets offense sucks. All have hard hard schedules the rest of the way.

The season is not over, but its not looking good.

Throwing in the towell when you're a farging GAME OUTA 1st place is PATHETIC.

Yup, and the Padres had a shot to represent the NL in the WS, too. :roll:

Everybody else in the division sucks just as bad this year. The division is winnable at 9-7, however I am not quite sure if the Jets can even get there at this point. The D put the team in a catch up mode all game and if the D fails us, it will be over real soon, sh*tty division or not.

Mathematically, The Jets are not dead. 1 game out. 10 games left, 4 division games left but let's face it fellas.

Todays game was the difference maker. Jets win and our season is different.

The Jets don't look like a playoff team to me. There are too many flaws and too much damage has been done for us to recover.

Our schedule is brutal. We have too many key AFC losses. The Jets are winless on the road and they have a washed up mistake prone QB leading the offense.

The biggest dissapointment is The Jets defense. They let the entire team down today. It's an ok defense until proven otherwise.

Maybe I'll see things differently tommorow but right now, This is how I feel.

Boy, Troll and Stormshadow (whoever you are) you really need to learn how to take a god damn joke. I know who YJF is, jackasses, but who wants to hear a funeral now?

God almighty... jackasses :roll:

I'm sick of you bashing every single person that has the nerve to say a negative word about our 2-4 football team. What would you prefer we do after a loss? Talk about all the wonderful positive things that could possibly contribute to this pre-season Super Bowl darkhorse maybe getting to .500? The bottom line is that this a bad football team in an extremely tough conference. The Patriots struggling does nothing but piss me off, because I know that this COULD have been our year. Instead, here we are, SAME OLD ******* JETS. Do you honestly believe that the Patriots are going to stay the course and finish 8-8? They aren't. The hardest part of their schedule is behind them and anything less than 10-6 would be very surprising. And even if some miracle happened and allowed the Jets to "win" the division at 9-7, how the hell is this team going to do in the playoffs? They've already lost a couple potential playoff teams in Kansas City and Jacksonville. How do you think they match up with the Indianapolis', Cincinnati's, and San Diego's of the world? Even if we luck up and sneak in to the playoffs (which IS a Herm Edwards specialty), we have no chance in hell of doing anything substantial. This is SUPPOSED to be the year of no excuses. Instead, it's just another year of the Same 'Ol Jets.

time of possession has been murdering the Jets all season

Exactly. The Jets D hasnt been THAT good. DId we even force one 3 and out today?

Looks like Herm is going back to the ole bend but dont break defense.

Conservative football. Gotta love it.

Memo to Bradway:

Get us a young QB with a good arm for 2006.

Testaverde shows today we he has been a bust as a #1 draft pick for the bucs long ago. He throws too many interceptions.

Twice, we had opportunities in buffalo territory to make something happen, and Vinny threw it away for an interception.

That last pass was HORRIBLE. Looked like a patented Chad Pennington sideline toss out there.

Exactly. The Jets D hasnt been THAT good. DId we even force one 3 and out today?

Looks like Herm is going back to the ole bend but dont break defense.

Conservative football. Gotta love it.

The Jets defense rarely blitzes an extra defender.

It relys on the Dline to make the pressure with Abraham and Ellis. Both of them did sh#t today and the bills ran all over us. Terrible performance by the defense, but they STILL gave the offense an easy TD with a great INT and return by mark brown. If the offense could have scored a measely 20 points vs buffalos sh*tTY defense, we could have won this game. Our offense is horrible, no QB.

Boy, Troll and Stormshadow (whoever you are) you really need to learn how to take a god damn joke. I know who YJF is, jackasses, but who wants to hear a funeral now?

Good comeback Fake 80. Good comeback. =D>

:roll:

Anyway, who am I? What does it matter? I'm a Jets fan, who is disgusted with his team. And I also happened to agree with what YJF said. And being a jackass, well... I guess you know all about that, considering you were the first jackass. Making just a really dumb and totally unfunny joke.

if you want to look at things objectively our season was over as soon as we lost 2 QB's for the season.

If you want to have a little bit of fun rooting for the Jets this season you look at it as a fan and say we are only 1 game out of first in a very vanilla conference this year.

The Pats shouldn't just be given the division because we are 2-4. It's really anybodys division still hell I don't know who's going to be the champ? History would tell me to lean towards the pats but my guy tells me it could be anybody even the dolphins. someone is going to need to start winning on a consistent basis or else we are going to look like were in the NFC

Good post YJF. While the Jets aren't done yet, they'll need to at LEAST split the next four, AT Atlanta, home for the Chargers after the Bye, AT Carolina and AT Denver, getting to 4-6 before taking on the "weak sisters" in New Orleans, Miami, and Oakland (sprinkled in with the two NE games and the Buffalo rematch). Still, at best we can hope for a 7-9 season that probably saves Herm's job, ensures us a lower draft pick, and guarantees another off-season of "Chad is THROWING!" rumors on the back pages. Same Ol' Jets, I guess.

We appreciate what YJF brings to the table. He is an optimist, and he is being real here. He's not a regular poster who hates on the Jets, he is bringing light to the truth....the Jets are done. It's time now to begin the rebuilding process.

When YJF is throwing in the towel, it's getting dark.

A playoff spot takes at least 9 and probably 10 wins; there aren't that many more winnable games in the Jets schedule.

The defense didn't play well. But the offense had zero sustained drives. The time of possession was again ridiculous. Take out Martin's 2 runs and there's really nothing to the offense. Heck, when Law flubbed Holcombe's fumble, couldn't fault him; cannot expect this offense to do anything, so he was smelling end zone from 70 yards.

This is cold, but this is the end of the road for this group. Edwards in his postgame seemed to be on autopilot-same sheet, different loss. And as product of having been a fan of this team for 30+ years. I've seen this all before. Only question is whether Woody Johnson has seen enough too.

Archived