Vernon's contract restructured/ cap number lowered

NYJ553

I brought this up last night in the VG to DE thread and now there is a jetsblog post about it... very interesting read. I see this as either we just made it easier to cut him next year, or trade him this year (albeit not for much). What do you guys think?

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/04/22/salary-cap-update-whats-going-on-with-vg/#more-24142

He's obviously not getting cut or traded this year, but this is his last shot. The contract restructuring doesn't really change much other than, like you said, making it easier to part ways when he inevitably fails as a DE next season.

This is the biggest waste of a roster spot I have ever seen. Its time to cut our losses and sign a football player. keeping Vernone around is the equivelent of signing 2 punters but at least some punters can tackle and contribute on ST

Lets find a way to turn this into a reason to knock him. He's such a POS waste of human life biggest bust ever person.

Im not sure anyone is knocking him as a person. But when it comes to football he is pretty bad. This is a football message board not a dating service. ;)

Archived