It is Draft Day Jets fans...

Maxman

What is different about this year? The Jets are coming off an AFC Championship game appearance and even though they were limited in free agency because of the lack of a CBA, they have already done so much to make this team better.

• New Starting CB, check: Cromartie.
  • New Kicker, lost Feely who they basically let go and brought in Nick Folk, not sure about that check or not.
  • Pass rusher, check. Welcome Jason Taylor.
  • Make the offense more explosive, check. Bring in Santonio Holmes for a 5th rounder. Even though he is suspended for the 1st four weeks you just can't get a receiver that can stretch the field like that for a 5th rounder. Simply does not happen.
  • Improve the already dominant running game? The check will remain to be seen but they replaced Thomas Jones with L.T. Not sure how much L.T. has left but when you add Leon Washington back in it will be interesting to watch.
  • Oh and Kris Jenkins is returning after his injury last season.

They have a talented roster and they can add to it in the draft. What is that feeling Jets fans? Yeah I don't know how to explain it either.

Enjoy it though and here is to a great season!

I LOVE THE DRAFT!!! BUT JUST SEEMS WEIRD ON THURSDAY? DONT LIKE IT..

Yes.

I have been griping about it the past week or so, but then I just realized something.... I just added a weekend to my yearly calendar for doing whatever I want, a weekend I had devoted to the draft for the past few years.... nobody misses a Thursday night.

D Wyatt asked a good question over on Twitter; Is there pick that the Jets could make that WOULDN'T get booed by some Jets fans?" Of course we all know the answer.

Hey I wonder if Douche Nozzle and his brother will be aping for the cameras again this year?

its just so damn weird on a thursday night. I cant get myself pumped up for this at all. Please let the ratings suck so they move it back to saturday for next year

I'm hoping for the same thing.. I won't be able to make it to watch the Jets pick.. but I'd hate myself if they did something exciting and traded up and I wasn't watching live.

I'd hate myself even more if i DID stay up to watch them trade down to Friday and have watched 6 hours of Mel Kiper stroking himself for nothing.

I dont understand this from anyone's perspective. For the draft prospects...This just carries out the process and stress if you're not selected 1st round. For the teams, it doesn't make much sense because it just causes more dead time and speculation...As if there wasnt already enough of that in the draft. For the fans it doesn't make sense, because whose going to stay up till 1AM on a weekday to see who you're team picks at the bottom of round one, if they pick at all. Also, how many fans will actually make a concerted effort to tune it saturday to watch the bore that is rounds 4-7? Oh yeah, people aren't going to stay at home Friday night to watch their team draft in the 3rd round either. For the networks, the ratings on day 3 of the draft will plummet...At least in the old format some fans who tuned in for the 1st few rds would just leave the tv on ESPN, because, what the heck? In fact, ratings on day 1 and day 2 will plummet as well. The die-hard fans will be watching at any time...But any somewhat casual fan will be happy getting to bed at a reasonable hour on a work/school day as opposed to staying up late to see what happens at the end of round 1. After all, they could read about it the next morning rather easily.

IMO, both ESPN and the NFL will regret making the draft a 3 day process.

tell me about it, I was just doing the math myself. it's going to be a long night. thank goodness for the dvr.

Its almost like they're baiting teams at the bottom of the draft to trade up with this format. I hope we dont get baited into doing it...Not worth it in a draft like this with the team we have already. If we move at all, I prefer it be DOWN to acquire more picks and more depth. This year's draft as deep as it is, the talent at the bottom of round 1 isn't all that much better than the talent in the early-mid second round.

When I get home tonight I wanna relax and hear that we selected Brandon Graham! I'll take Odrick too!

Id be pretty upset with that. We already have a very talented team...The thing we don't have a lot of is depth. We need to keep the little depth we have and we need to add more depth with at least the 5 picks we have in this draft. Trading up for Graham would mean we'd probably be sacrificing some of what little depth we have right now as well as constraining us from adding more depth via the draft. Both of those guys have potential and could be solid players in the league, but neither are worth what we'd have to give up in terms of depth IMO.

I LOVE THE DRAFT!!! BUT JUST SEEMS WEIRD ON THURSDAY? DONT LIKE IT..

It is wierd. The first day of the holiest of holies was meant to be on the (true) Sabbath - Saturday.

But let us annoint Mel Kipper's head with oil and proceed.

D Wyatt asked a good question over on Twitter; Is there pick that the Jets could make that WOULDN'T get booed by some Jets fans?" Of course we all know the answer.

Hey I wonder if Douche Nozzle and his brother will be aping for the cameras again this year?

I will forever have them etched my mind... shaking there heads saying stupid!! oh how thery hated the sanchez pick...lol whos stupid now

I will forever have them etched my mind... shaking there heads saying stupid!! oh how thery hated the sanchez pick...lol whos stupid now

Ummmmmm... Sanchez hasn't done anything. He went to the AFC championship game, on the back of his defense and running game.

Just because Rex Grossman made it to the superbowl doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. Jury is still out on Sanchez. Even Chad Henne outplayed him last year.

Ummmmmm... Sanchez hasn't done anything. He went to the AFC championship game, on the back of his defense and running game.

Just because Rex Grossman made it to the superbowl doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. Jury is still out on Sanchez. Even Chad Henne outplayed him last year.

It really sucked that in a bad draft year we traded very little to get an undervalued QB who probably would have been the No. 1 pick in this years deep draft if he stayed in school.

We needed a QB and got a great talent who with a good D got the Jets to round 3 of the playoffs.

The Jets got to the playoffs on the back of their defense and running game. Sanchez was a factor in them getting to the AFC championship game. Anytime a starting rookie QB plays much better in the post season than the regular season, you have a star in the making.

Rumor:

Jets will trade down from their 1st round pick (29 overall) for Cleveland's 2nd round draft pick (38 overall) and a 3rd rounder (unspecified, they have 3).

Where is that rumor from? It sounds believable actually.

Archived