Blecher Report Tebow Rumor involving Bill's second /Jets first picks swap

Gangrene

Cleveland Browns Featured Columnist

Tim Tebow to Buffalo Bills in Blockbuster Trade: Last Minute 2010 Draft Rumors

Brian DiTullio by

Brian DiTullio

Written on April 22, 2010

NEW ORLEANS - JANUARY 01: Tim Tebow #15 of the Florida Gators reacts after a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bearcats during the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Louisana Superdome on January 1, 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images) Chris Graythen/Getty Images

As the draft gets closer to beginning the rumors are hot and heavy, with the latest one being that Tim Tebow will be going to Buffalo late in the first round via a trade for the New York Jets pick.

The report comes via Wes Bunting of National Football Post, who Twittered the rumor earlier today.

Bunting incorporated Tebow into his final mock draft this morning, and had him going to the Bills with the 29th pick, which is currently held by the Jets.

Bunting noted the Jets want to get out of the first round, which makes a lot of sense considering the amount of free agent signings the team already has made.

The Bills draft high in the second round, so the Jets aren't dropping that many spots, and the depth this year is so good that there really isn't a lot of difference, depth-wise, between the 29th pick and the 41st pick.

At this point the Jets offense is set, and most of their big needs are defensive-line based. With the depth of talent in this year's draft, the Jets have no need to spend first round money on an OLB or a safety.

All the best offensive lineman will be gone by the time the Jets pick, so once again, waiting until the second round doesn't really affect the Jets draft plans in regard to needs.

The Bills on the other hand, have a lot of needs and can't really afford to trade down from the No. 9 pick. But trading up into the end of the first round and trumping other possible trade-ups by Jacksonville, Cleveland, and a handful of other teams who might reach for Tebow, is the smart move.

The move also might be a way of getting ahead of the Minnesota Vikings, who also are rumored to want Tebow, and they just might grab him with their first round pick.

Bunting also is reporting the Washington Redskins could take Eric Berry, which hasn't really shown up in any predictions so far this offseason.

The Berry pick seems a little far-fetched considering the moves the Redskins have made this offseason, but in this offseason, the lesson that should be learned is that anything is possible.

The Redskins do still have Jason Campbell on their roster, so he conceivably could be traded for another high draft pick. There's more discussion on Campbell's situation here .

Whatever happens, the last-minute rumors are flying fast and furious.

Here's the actual mock.

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

The Rams get their potential franchise quarterback.

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Detroit has needs all over but opts for the draft

Bunting noted the Jets want to get out of the first round, which makes a lot of sense considering the amount of free agent signings the team already has made.

????? The Jets signed Tomlinson and Taylor, so I guess that amount is 2.

Getting the Bills 2nd & 3rd wouldn't be bad.

I'd be upset (selfishly) if I have to wait till Friday Night when the Jets first pick, though.

Apparently the more likely scenario is somebody jumping Indy for Saffold.

Funny. PFT is reporting that Tebow's dad says he is going in the top 15.

No one knows where Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will be drafted. But the people around Tebow are dropping some strong hints that some team has already told them that Tebow is their man.

Tebow's father, Bob Tebow, claims his son is going in the first 15 picks. And Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, told ESPN.com that he has a very good idea where Tebow will be drafted, and hints that it's higher than most people think.

"I don't know if it's gonna shock the world because I always thought he was going to do well," Sexton said. "But we pretty much know. We have a pretty good idea what's going to happen."

Of course, it's impossible for any player to know for sure where he's going to go until he hears his name called at Radio City Music Hall. Not even Sam Bradford knows for sure where he's going to go.

But the Tebow camp says they have a good idea. And they sound like they're pleased with where they think they're going.

No one knows where Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will be drafted. But the people around Tebow are dropping some strong hints that some team has already told them that Tebow is their man.

Tebow's father, Bob Tebow, claims his son is going in the first 15 picks. And Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, told ESPN.com that he has a very good idea where Tebow will be drafted, and hints that it's higher than most people think.

"I don't know if it's gonna shock the world because I always thought he was going to do well," Sexton said. "But we pretty much know. We have a pretty good idea what's going to happen."

Of course, it's impossible for any player to know for sure where he's going to go until he hears his name called at Radio City Music Hall. Not even Sam Bradford knows for sure where he's going to go.

But the Tebow camp says they have a good idea. And they sound like they're pleased with where they think they're going.

i think he'll go in the top 15 also! some teams are in love with the guy!

:roll: A fathers love. :P

Archived