****Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread****

Jetlag

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who the F?

Seriously? A OT/OG project from UMass? The ****?

I guess this does mean the end of Faneca is near.

Callahan loves his projects. He'll be a young stud in no time. This may also mean the Slauson experiment isn't working. After all, why would you take a project guard when you're already working on another project guard?

I disagree. This O Line is one injury away from falling apart. I love having Ducasse as the backup learning from the veterans!! He can start in 2011 and be effective

I'm all for O-line depth, but not in the 2nd. I dunno, maybe they just absolutely loved this kid but my initial reaction is not good.

Look at our moves so far, they're all based around THIS season and making a push for the SB, don't see how this pick enhances that. That line has held together over the past two years and dominated in the process. Is it really worth a 2nd rounder for depth?

I was hell bent on getting another pass rusher. Someone who could contribute right away AND take over for Taylor in the long term. Again, maybe the Jets didn't like anyone and if that was the case, can't blame them for staying away.

Honestly, this move has me assuming that we're going to off-load Faneca. As 27Dom said in another thread, maybe Callaghan just really dislikes him. If there's one member of the O-line I'd be content replacing, it's him but the term if it aint broke, don't fix it comes to mind.

We, as fans, have been used to going after the sexy picks. In two years, we're going to look back and be thankful we took this guy.

Seriously...anyone hating on the DBrick/Mangold draft? Lots of people were pissed we took two OL. Not so much anymore.

I'm all for O-line depth, but not in the 2nd. I dunno, maybe they just absolutely loved this kid but my initial reaction is not good.

Look at our moves so far, they're all based around THIS season and making a push for the SB, don't see how this pick enhances that. That line has held together over the past two years and dominated in the process. Is it really worth a 2nd rounder for depth?

I was hell bent on getting another pass rusher. Someone who could contribute right away AND take over for Taylor in the long term. Again, maybe the Jets didn't like anyone and if that was the case, can't blame them for staying away.

Honestly, this move has me assuming that we're going to off-load Faneca. As 27Dom said in another thread, maybe Callaghan just really dislikes him. If there's one member of the O-line I'd be content replacing, it's him but the term if it aint broke, don't fix it comes to mind.

Well I think that is part of the problem. Not only do you have to build a team for now but you also have to look into the future. What if the Jets dont win it all this year? The Jets also have to build for the furture and build depth (which this team is short on). I dont know about you but I am not looking for a one and done type of year. I want the Jets to be contenders for years to come and the only way to do that is to also build for the future.

See that's the thing, I don't see him as depth. I see him being groomrd by a great like Faneca and a coach like Callahan.... He can become a stud for years to come !!!

Liked the Ducasse pick. Getting good in the trenches is huge and goes a long way in adding to the core of a young supremely talented OL. Like the versatility and the potential upside Ducssae brings. Getting good versatile OL is never a bad thing, especially considering our investment at QB

ohh geeez taylor mays being a lil girl already, complaining about carroll not taking him in the 1st

i dont think he' s being a girl, he said Coach Carroll pretty much blew smoke up his ass instead of just being honest.

Archived