The Patriots Passed On Dez Bryant

PS17

Let's laugh at the Patriots.

:rl:

Seriously though, what a crappy draft for them thus far. McCourty was a reach. Especially with Wilson on the board???

And all those trade-downs. :puke:

Bryant will be an absolute stud in Dallas.

another pick i really don't get was odrick by the phins. admittedly too too much abotu the phins needs....but i didn't think de was one of them with the holes they have in the secondary, lb'er, and nt. i think it was a bad pick for them....but in the end i'm happy about it. i'm excited about this kid wilson.

I work from home... but I almost want to drive to work tomorrow, just so I can sit in Boston traffic and listen to Boston sports radio... because for the past 2 months its been nothing but Tebow, and Dez... replacing Tom and Randy... their callers are going to be hilariously manic..

I read somewhere that the Pats use a "small board" method of drafting. Meaning they have a very short list of players they want and move up and down to get those and don't wait to see who is the BPA when they pick. That would explain why they don't jump on fallers very often. And it would also mean the small board system sucks ass.

I don't think the Pats necessarily made a mistake taking McCourty over Wilson. Wilson fits OUR needs better, but I think NE likes to have better tacklers at CB.

If you want to make fun of them for not taking Bryant, its a pretty valid point. If they can handle one headcase (Randy Moss), they could have handled another across from him (Bryant) to fill in for the injured Welker.

In any case, the Pats now have a baker's dozen (give or take a few) picks to mess up.

Not just are they not good, they are a terrible drafting team. I can't wait to play them because when our secondary takes away their receivers their offense will be going nowhere. I thought the Bills pick was really great. Spiller is a playmaker, and the Pats should have traded up to take him or at least Mathews or Best. The Bills have too many backs but still a great talent. I am not scared of any of the other AFC East teams.

BB stated that they would have picked him at #23, but thought they could move down (twice), pick up a 3rd (didn't have one) & a 4th & still get him.

We'll have to wait & see how the player works out, but who doubts that they can control day 2 with the picks they have? They'll get somebody to give up a #1 next yr for one of their 3 2nd rd picks, pick up a TE which they need badly, and hopefully find a LB or DE.

They should end day 2 with 2 or 3 good players and go into next year (with a rookie cap in place) with 3 1st rd picks, one of them likely at the top of the draft.

Seriously though, what a crappy draft for them thus far. McCourty was a reach. Especially with Wilson on the board???

See, the difference between them and us is that we don't really have any needs. And besides, we picked the SAME position and STILL got the better player out of it!

Mumblechecks best years at NE were his early ones using players some one else picked. Year by year he's draining his team of talent. By the time Kraft figures out there's a problem it will be too late.

Taking McCourty will become a landmark event in the Pats/Jets rivalry. They used a first round pick on a player who might not even be good enough to start and that pick let the Jets get the best corner in the draft. The Pats screwed up in picking a defensive back when:

- rule changes have made the passing game dominant

- their two biggest division rivals acquired new and elite WRs

- their old DBs suck

- they were picking in a draft deep in DB talent

This will be a nail in the Pats coffin. Robinson or Perrish Cox would have been a better pick. The Texans did them a favor by taking Kareem Jackson and then they screw it up and pass on Kyle Wilson.

Mumblecheck has a son at Rutgers right now. In his latest big interview with Mike Mayock he was wearing a Rutgers Lacrosse jersey. In that interview he kept talking about his dad, dad this and dad that. Guy is really into family now. Wonder if he took a Rutgers player too high to make his son happy.

Not for nothing, Wilson was the 3rd best corner in the draft. Haden and Jackson > Wilson.

We're such homers lol....

Is McCourty officially a bad player who was getting overrated anyway now that he's a Pat?

Mcourty was the 4th best CB per Mayock.

Mcourty was explaining coverages to Belichick, so NE must like his intelligence.

Rutgers runs the same defense as NE :rl:

Schiano has consulted with Belichick on a variety of topics, most notably defense. Schiano has rewritten his entire defense, creating a version of the Belichick 3-4 defense. Schiano uses more of a zone scheme than Belichick, but the traits are similar.

Schiano has consulted with Belichick on a variety of topics, most notably defense. Schiano has rewritten his entire defense, creating a version of the Belichick 3-4 defense. Schiano uses more of a zone scheme than Belichick, but the traits are similar.

That really explains why they past on dez.

Still a moronic pick when you consider Randy is really getting up there in age, and Welker will miss at least half the season. Dez looks like the type of receiver that can contribute from day one.

Wait, why's it such a big deal they passed on Bryant? Alot of people passed on Bryant. McDaniels took Thomas over him. Tom Brady is a guy who's won SBs with McCardell, Branch, and older Troy Brown...pretty sure he can pull it off with an old Moss who only threw up 1,264/13 last year.

The thing about good QBs is that the WRs play better...what's Bryant to them when they can grab Tate, Gilyard, or a bunch of other guys?

Wait, why's it such a big deal they passed on Bryant? Alot of people passed on Bryant. McDaniels took Thomas over him. Tom Brady is a guy who's won SBs with McCardell, Branch, and older Troy Brown...pretty sure he can pull it off with an old Moss who only threw up 1,264/13 last year.

The thing about good QBs is that the WRs play better...what's Bryant to them when they can grab Tate, Gilyard, or a bunch of other guys?

The past is the past.

Yes, because that guarantees he's NFL ready.......:yawn:

Archived