Day 2 Prep

Jetsfan80

So what's our board look like for day 2? Sitting at 61 and, I would think, in need of a DE, I could see us moving up, perhaps packaging Bryan Thomas and our 4th rounder for an earlier 2nd and maybe getting back a 5th or 6th rounder.

I wouldn't be shocked if we tried to deal Leon, either, especially since Kyle Wilson can return punts thus reduces Leon to being just a # 3 back.

This is who I'd be targeting:

1. Everson Griffen, DE, USC

2. Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

3. Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

4. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

5. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

6. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

7. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

So what's our board look like for day 2? Sitting at 61 and, I would think, in need of a DE, I could see us moving up, perhaps packaging Bryan Thomas and our 4th rounder for an earlier 2nd and maybe getting back a 5th or 6th rounder.

I wouldn't be shocked if we tried to deal Leon, either, especially since Kyle Wilson can return punts thus reduces Leon to being just a # 3 back.

5. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

6. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss

7. Taylor Mays, S, USC

8. Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

We might get one of those guys at 61... Who knows? I wouldnt be against us trading up for a DE at this point... So long as we still have a pick or two left over to draft an OL for depth and grooming purposes.

I would, however, be against trading away B.Thomas. Lets keep our depth at LB... Our 2nd, 4th, and maybe Kellen Clemens or Leon? I dont know. Im sure Tanny and Rex have a plan, and I trust them.

We might get one of those guys at 61... Who knows? I wouldnt be against us trading up for a DE at this point... So long as we still have a pick or two left over to draft an OL for depth and grooming purposes.

Preferably, I'd like to be able to keep our 4th to get that O-Lineman. Maybe # 61, Bryan Thomas and a 2011 5th to move up 10 or 12 spots would do it?

Preferably, I'd like to be able to keep our 4th to get that O-Lineman. Maybe # 61, Bryan Thomas and a 2011 5th to move up 10 or 12 spots would do it?

Id prefer to keep Bryan Thomas for depth purposes. We're prepping to make a Super Bowl run... We've got some older players on the roster and we're going to need to keep guys fresh for the playoff run. Also its a long season for everyone, we have to be prepared for some guys to get banged up for a few games or so... Id rather us lose our 4th and take OL with our 6th (Or maybe we can package or 6, 7, and Clemens for a late 4th or early 5th?) then lose Thomas this season.

Linval Joseph

Dexter McCluster

Toby Gerhardt

Golden Tate

I dunno.

What happened to that tackle from Maryland, Bruce Campbell? I kept seeing him going top 10 in mocks and he didn't go at all. Would be nice to get another tackle cause you never know.

DE/OLB is a huge need though.

I'm with you but lets try and do it this way... who do you take if all these guys are gone? (list not in order)...

7. Mc Coy

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

9. Clausen

10. Sapp OLB/DE

11. Misi OLB/DE

12. Price DT

13. Washington LB

14. Gerhart RB

15. McCluster RB

16. Dwyer RB

17. Allen S

18 Burnett S

19. Brown T

20. Campbell T

21 Saffold T

22 Ducasse OG

23. Tate WR

24. Williams WR

25. Benn

26. Price WR

27 Lafell WR

28. Gronkowski TE

I'm with you but lets try and do it this way... who do you take if all these guys are gone? (list not in order)...

7. Mc Coy

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

9. Clausen

10. Sapp OLB/DE

11. Misi OLB/DE

12. Price DT

13. Washington LB

14. Gerhart RB

15. McCluster RB

16. Dwyer RB

17. Allen S

18 Burnett S

19. Brown T

20. Campbell T

21 Saffold T

22 Ducasse OG

23. Tate WR

24. Williams WR

25. Benn

26. Price WR

27 Lafell WR

28. Gronkowski TE

Norwood from South Carolina.

Norwood from South Carolina.

I'm also thinking maybe one of those second tier big DLineman...not that I love any of these guys per se but I could see maybe:

Cam Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Torrell Troup, Arthur Jones, Corey Wooton, Austin Lane

Wooton would be my pick out of this group.

7. Mc Coy

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

9. Clausen

10. Sapp OLB/DE

11. Misi OLB/DE

12. Price DT

13. Washington LB

14. Gerhart RB

15. McCluster RB

16. Dwyer RB

17. Allen S

18 Burnett S

19. Brown T

20. Campbell T

21 Saffold T

22 Ducasse OG

23. Tate WR

24. Williams WR

25. Benn

26. Price WR

27 Lafell WR

28. Gronkowski TE

Short list would be something like:

Trade back

Dan Te'o-Nesheim

Koa Misi

Worilds

Wootton

Jared Veldheer

Gilyard possibly

Jason Fox possibly

I hope Cody falls to 61.

What about that guy Carrington? What do you think about him?

Carrington was on the other list, only reason I left him off.

Jmo,

He kind of reminds me of Wootton, people think they could play 34 DE b/c they're in that 275-280 weight but they are both tall and leaner than what it looks like on paper...but Wooton is much better when healthy. I know guys like Bit are high on him though.

I'm also thinking maybe one of those second tier big DLineman...not that I love any of these guys per se but I could see maybe:

Cam Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Torrell Troup, Arthur Jones, Corey Wooton, Austin Lane

Wooton would be my pick out of this group.

Im a Syracuse guy so obviously Id be a fan of Arthur Jones... But he'd be a reach in round 2 IMO... Probably belongs in the mid-late 3rd round range. Maybe even early 4th... Would definitely support the pick if we trade down or acquire a pick in that range though!

7. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

I think we're going to really start going hard on our OL and DL. 2nd round I believe will be another defensive pick and it will be a defensive end IMO.

A person that I dont see on your list that can possibly be drafted by us is Greg Hardy from Ol Miss

I think we're going to really start going hard on our OL and DL. 2nd round I believe will be another defensive pick and it will be a defensive end IMO.

A person that I dont see on your list that can possibly be drafted by us is Greg Hardy from Ol Miss

Hary's been a sinking ship but is probably the most intriguing player to me too.

I know I'm making fun but I'm with you guys on Hardy.

Well I'll tell you this, we're going to have a real unpredictable day tomorrow because if we expect to get the Hardy's and Kindle's of the world they certainly wont be around by the time we pick. Problem is we dont have many picks and we still have other needs. If someone gets hurt on that O'line we're in some deep trouble.

Well, there is no way we can land Sergio Kindle unless we want to give up some picks to move up, SO, some names to consider for 61:

- DE/OLB Ricky Sapp

- DE/OLB Jason Wordlis

- S Nate Allen

- S Answani Owush-Answai (yeah, not spelt correctly but whatever)

- DE Linval Joseph

- DE Corey Wooton

- NT Terence Cody

Archived