Day 2 Prep

Jetsfan80

I'm reading they are going O-line in the second because Faneca might be on his way out...I'm not fan of this decision, keep the O-line as is IMO. We need some pass rush him, most of our guys are 30+.

Are you serious? Stop padding the post count and just ****ing read it.

The Daily news today has GM sources saying that the Jets were shopping Faneca the same time they were Rhodes several months ago. This source said the Jets were deluding themselves if they thought someone would bite, and that Faneca is the weak link of the Jets O-line

Are you serious? Stop padding the post count and just ****ing read it.
I read it and I could not care less about my post count.

In fact they had their attention turned to the offensive line and were working the phones expecting to pick up a blocker at the selection. Even when Wilson slid into the 29th slot the team still took a while before making the choice. Don’t be surprised if they make a move up today to secure a prospect that can play offensive guard at the next level.

So what are you saying they meant by this?

The Daily news today has GM sources saying that the Jets were shopping Faneca the same time they were Rhodes several months ago. This source said the Jets were deluding themselves if they thought someone would bite, and that Faneca is the weak link of the Jets O-line

I'm not arguing Faneca's availability.

So what are you saying they meant by this?

We were not expecting Wilson to drop and were prepared to take a lineman at 29. We might trade up today. Do you seriously not understand that none of that means we tried to trade up yesterday?

I'm not arguing Faneca's availability.

We were not expecting Wilson to drop and were prepared to take a lineman at 29. We might trade up today. Do you seriously not understand that none of that means we tried to trade up yesterday?

Maybe they were not, I said it sounds like the may have been ("working the phones") and it sounds like they may try it today.

I did not realize you were privy to the phone calls. Did that power come with you mask? ;)

Maybe they were not, I said it sounds like the may have been ("working the phones") and it sounds like they may try it today, no?

Sure, if you take 'working the phones' out of context and ignore 'at the selection,' you could certainly deliberately misconstrue it as such. This seems like a put-on.

Sure, if you take 'working the phones' out of context and ignore 'at the selection,' you could certainly deliberately misconstrue it as such. This seems like a put-on.
It says "Expecting" you seem to be ignoring that for you context.

They very well could have been trying to move up, even though they did not expect to be able to.

It says "Expecting" you seem to be ignoring that for you context.

They very well could have been trying to move up, even though they did not expect to be able to.

Part of the reason they were "working the phones" at the time of their selection, is teams were calling them to move into their spot.

Part of the reason they were "working the phones" at the time of their selection, is teams were calling them to move into their spot.
I understand that.

So do you think it definitively means, at no time was anybody on the phone inquiring about possibly moving up for an o-lineman?

I mean it's possible both ways, I just don't think we could know for sure based on that article.

Look it's not really that improtant to me anyway, if someone knows better congrats to them.

I understand that.

So do you think it definitively means, at no time was anybody on the phone inquiring about possibly moving up for an o-lineman?

I mean it's possible both ways, I just don't think we could know for sure based on that article.

Look it's not really that improtant to me anyway, if someone knows better congrats to them.

Of course it is possible. All are likely and possible at the same time, because every time was going through those gyrations.

Anybody that tells you that based on any single rumor, that is how it definitively went down, is extremely naive.

Of course it is possible. All are likely and possible at the same time, because every time was going through those gyrations.

Anybody that tells you that based on any single rumor, that is how it definitively went down, is extremely naive.

I thought that's all I was saying here, I did not say the article meant they were or were not, only that it sounds like they may have been.

While rotoworld may have jumped to conclusions, I did not think the article was definitive either way.

from Maryland, Bruce Campbell? I kept seeing him going top 10 in mocks and he didn't go at all. Would be nice to get another tackle cause you never know.

DE/OLB is a huge need though.

I don't think you saw him going just top 10. Everybody was picking him 8th because he's a workout warrior. I think he was great at the combine and people expected the Raiders to jump on him. When they didn't the guy free falls back towards where he belongs.

With Wilson's Special Teams capacity, something tells me we're going to Jetison (pun intended) Leon and maybe pick up an RB at some point.

Leon was already the back up punt returner and I think Wilson's ST value was more on punts than KOs. I think going into the season with only LT and Greene would be a mistake. If Matthews fell to them I could see ditching Leon, but not for a returner and mid to late rounder.

Tell you what. You both go fifteen minutes without saying anything retarded and I'll tell you what working the phones means.
Yes we need the prohet Aten to translate.

Because I can't see how you can know for sure that they were not possibly inquring about moving up based on the scripture I mean article in question. ;)

Yes we need the prohet Aten to translate.

Because I can't see how you can know for sure that they were not possibly inquring about moving up based on the scripture I mean article in question. ;)

This comes precariously close to qualifying.

We were on the phone with the OL we were planning to take at 29 on the assumption that Wilson wasn't going to be there.
I'm not sure a mere mortal like me would classify/express that as "working the phones" but thanks for the enlightenment.

Originally Posted by gangreenman viewpost.gif

We might get one of those guys at 61... Who knows? I wouldnt be against us trading up for a DE at this point... So long as we still have a pick or two left over to draft an OL for depth and grooming purposes.

Preferably, I'd like to be able to keep our 4th to get that O-Lineman. Maybe # 61, Bryan Thomas and a 2011 5th to move up 10 or 12 spots would do it?

We will be releasing Faneca in the next week because despite his mentorship it is an uncapped year, he is the weakest link, and no one will take his contract. I like the fourth round for his replacement unless Ryan and co. have someone special in mind on day two. I expect us to trade up in the second because there is just so much value in the first twenty picks. a later rounder next year and Thomas should be enough for a dozen pick jump, which is what I am hoping for. It will be DL in the second and OL in the fourth. I have a feeling Ryan has been had the Indy game looping on the old VCR for months. Now that we've addressed the secondary, it's time to take care of the DL. When Ellis was hurt, he was still our best option with one good arm; ridiculous. He got to the quaterback and the ball carrier at least a couple of times and couldn't take 'em down. Just too painful to watch. We have enough OLBs and there is no way we resign BT. With Taylor holding down the spot his days are already numbered.

I can only see Leon leaving if an opportunity to take Gerhart in equal exchange presented itself and since I expect the Pats to pull him off the board long before then I'm not holding my breath.

And on a final note I would like to address the "VG situation". With rumors of him putting on weight for DE and Rex's generosity I expect as most do that this is his year to make it or break it. Either way I am sure he is more than greatful and if he can contribute in just the smallest of ways and prove some worth to the team I expect his contract will be extended in order to lower the cap hit of his remaining years, and stay with the team. The cap hit for future years if he were to be released would be terrible and that is why he remains a Jet to this point. Things are unclear with this being an uncapped year but just because we wouldn't have to bare the burden now doesn't mean we wouldn't in the future.

I'm with you but lets try and do it this way... who do you take if all these guys are gone? (list not in order)...

1. Everson Griffen, DE, USC

2. Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

3. Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

4. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

5. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

6. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

7. Mc Coy

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

9. Clausen

10. Sapp OLB/DE

11. Misi OLB/DE

12. Price DT

13. Washington LB

14. Gerhart RB

15. McCluster RB

16. Dwyer RB

17. Allen S

18 Burnett S

19. Brown T

20. Campbell T

21 Saffold T

22 Ducasse OG

23. Tate WR

24. Williams WR

25. Benn

26. Price WR

27 Lafell WR

28. Gronkowski TE

Wooton or Worrilids

I'm with you but lets try and do it this way... who do you take if all these guys are gone? (list not in order)...

1. Everson Griffen, DE, USC

2. Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

3. Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

4. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

5. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

6. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

7. Mc Coy

8. Taylor Mays, S, USC

9. Clausen

10. Sapp OLB/DE

11. Misi OLB/DE

12. Price DT

13. Washington LB

14. Gerhart RB

15. McCluster RB

16. Dwyer RB

17. Allen S

18 Burnett S

19. Brown T

20. Campbell T

21 Saffold T

22 Ducasse OG

23. Tate WR

24. Williams WR

25. Benn

26. Price WR

27 Lafell WR

28. Gronkowski TE

That would really sux to fall that way...

I'm hoping for Joseph or Duccasse but if it did...some to consider...most have lower grades...but we are stuck until pick 124. Ghee would give us a corner on the corner market.

Wooton

Decker

Shipley

Jerry

Te'o-Nesheim

Ghee

Archived