Wilson was drafted for one reason and one reason only

InstantClassic

I never thought Wilson will be here. I didn't think he'll get passed Houston who is pretty thin with DBs.

Rex Ryan knows how to use his DBs and we can now blitz even more! But you're right. We have 3 man-to-man CBs now. That's incredible.

Everyone realizes we were 9 and 7 and may not even see the colts again right? we have to play a full season before the colts are even on the radar. Think about the games the Jets had to win/luck through to even get to the colts.

I love our roster and all but despite his nice quotes, Sanchez is not a proven QB in the NFL just yet.

Taylor, Cromartie and Wilson do not necessarily help us against the run. Plenty of teams will try to get in slugfests with the jets and I fear that they can and will win their share. Our D was rated number one last year but i never felt we were THAT terribly strong against the run.

I like our chances but this 'colts' talk is really over blown, there are so many games between the two teams it's almost impossible to compare at this point.

Everyone realizes we were 9 and 7 and may not even see the colts again right? we have to play a full season before the colts are even on the radar. Think about the games the Jets had to win/luck through to even get to the colts.

I love our roster and all but despite his nice quotes, Sanchez is not a proven QB in the NFL just yet.

Taylor, Cromartie and Wilson do not necessarily help us against the run. Plenty of teams will try to get in slugfests with the jets and I fear that they can and will win their share. Our D was rated number one last year but i never felt we were THAT terribly strong against the run.

I like our chances but this 'colts' talk is really over blown, there are so many games between the two teams it's almost impossible to compare at this point.

Jenkins helps the run... must stay healthy, though. I think the Jets will get DL help in subsequent rounds.

Just having 3 "cover corners" helps against the run because our safeties can play closer to the LOS and not have to worry about over the top coverages all the time. The improved coverage will also make Taylor all the more effective as a pass rusher and help the pass rush in general.

We are better against the run than we were at the end of last year.

We are better against the pass than we were at the end of last year.

It has to play out on the field, but I love what Rex is doing.

To stop Peyton Manning's assault on our secondary.

This pick solidifies the reason we were not in the SB last season..bc he shredded the likes of Lito, Drew and Dwight.

Nice to have that luxury.

Agreed, that AFC Championship game was an eye opener. :shock:

Archived