AFC East Round 1 & Remaining Picks

Jetsfan80

It scares me how the Pats have 3 picks ahead of us. They know what we want and they pretty much need the same thing.

Honestly, I expect the Jets to trade up tomorrow for Sergio Kindle.

I think the afce did a heck of a job. the phins did a nice job of trading down. we kept with out board. rex really wanted wilson and we could have moved down, but wilson wouldn't have been there at the detroit pick in the second. the saints would have taken wilson. spiller is going to be special if he can take the pounding. the pats should be able to shore up their d. they got a ton of picks left.

Phins got too cute....Pretty sure they wanted Williams, and had to settle with Odrick

Typical Penn State lineman

I think he has bust potential

Great minds think alike. I said the exect same thing last nite. Williams would have been the perfect fit at DT in Phagland. They outsmarted themselves.

This article by Jeff Darlington sheds a lot of light on this selection.

Miami Dolphins to tweak defense; Jared Odrick fits new ideas

pretty much what i had said earlier about planning on using more of a hybrid style defense. it actually makes some sense for miami to get away from a pure 3-4 defense. it seems they have more talent on the d-line than they have in the lb'ing corps anyway.

The Dolphins and Jets got steals in terms of value. Wilson and Odrick were both top 20 grades. I didn't get the Patriots pick, and CJ SPiller is Chris Johnson special in my opinion.

I like that we got back into the 2nd round and acquired a pretty decent linebacker for the trade back. Then again, I'm not sure what Odrick's role on this team is. We have a really good end with Starks and a pretty solid one with Kendal Langford. Then we have Phillip Merling and Tony McDaniel making a pretty solid DE rotation. I wonder if we kick Odrick inside to play the nose. Maybe he just rotates like Starks did in 2008.

Should be an interesting second round with Miami pick 40th, Buffalo 41st, New Engladn 44th, 47th, 53rd and the jets picking 61st. I don't understand why so many teams throw picks at the Pats. They do an incredible job stockpiling and it looks like Josh McDaniels learned ONE good thing from Belichick.

I have seen every game Odrick played at Penn State and I really was hoping the Jets would get him.He is going to start as soon as he understands your defense because he is now the best 3-4 defensive end on your team.

Reminds me very much of Richard Seymour unfortunately.....

PS I am very happy with the Wilson pick though.He was my next choice on the board.:cheers:

Well, when you draft a need, you often times find yourself reaching. Perfect example, Dan Williams Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes. All guys Miami was rumored to take...at 12. One went 26 to AZ, another 31 to the Colts, the other hasn't been drafted yet.

We got EXCELLENT value, especially when you consider we traded down, acquired SD's 40th pick, and still got the 09' DPOY in the Big 10 who can play DT, NT or DE in the 3-4.

We drafted the BPA, and still have a pick at 40 to acquire a FS or OLB. Our pass defense was horrid last year, and a lot of that was because we couldn't get constant pressure on the QB. Odrick is a guy who can get a great interior pass rush and also stuff the run in the middle.

Parcells did a great job trading down, getting Odrick and the 40 pick. Picking at the top of the 2nd round will get parcells another very good player at good value. the phins will find a way to use odrick no doubt. i wish tannenbaum could have traded down and turn 1 pick into 2 picks in this draft, but wilson is a good pick and fills a need so it's all good.

pretty much what i had said earlier about planning on using more of a hybrid style defense. it actually makes some sense for miami to get away from a pure 3-4 defense. it seems they have more talent on the d-line than they have in the lb'ing corps anyway.

That and no one plays a traditional anything D anymore.

The Patriots did well to gain picks but McCourty was unnecessary and will likely not see the field. I give it a B-.

The Fins should've drafted a corner like Wilson he will be great. Odrick may have a motor but projecting from a 4-3 to a 3-4 can be tough plus I've heard he can have problems fighting off two linemen at the same time so forget about NT. This is a team that needs to win now and I see Odrick as a guy that may need a season or two to find his place. They should've made a move for a CB or an OLB. Their pass rush is laughable and no one is scared to throw in Vontae Davis' direction. Although I like Odrick the pick receives a C- grade because they will not be any better this year and first round picks are supposed to be impact players (unless they are named Tim Tebow of course)

The Bills certainly have more pressing needs, but I see big things for CJ. He was a great value as a potential top 5 or 6 pick. Here is a team that hasn't had a big play threat in forever so I respect the chance they are taking. They are rebuilding and I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Jackson if they can. I give it an A- because it may not pay immediate dividends but he could be a household name soon enough.

Wilson was an excellent value at 29. He is aggressive off the line and shows excellent instincts in coverage. Can't wait to see him lineup with Welker if he's ever healthy again. Don't forget the Peyton threw well to Garcon and Collie, with Wayne on Revis island so we need a third corner. He could be our number two and is great insurance if Cromartie can't return to form. BAP. My grade is A.

Looking toward the next two rounds tonight there are a lot of talented players left and the Pats have three picks. I hope they miss out on Gronkowski, Tate, Benn and Gerhart, or that they select their 2010 Chad Jackson. This is a team in desperate need of skill players. Clearly Bill thinks there's value in the second round. Look for them to pick up an HBack and a WR/TE. I hope they choak.

We took corners with our first and second round picks last year.

Why do we have to win now? Your comments in that paragraph make no sense. You give no reasons why Odrick will take a year or two to develop. I just don't understand anything you're saying here.

I have seen every game Odrick played at Penn State and I really was hoping the Jets would get him.He is going to start as soon as he understands your defense because he is now the best 3-4 defensive end on your team.

Reminds me very much of Richard Seymour unfortunately.....

PS I am very happy with the Wilson pick though.He was my next choice on the board.:cheers:

I remember reading about the Dolphins showing a bunch of interest in Odrick. Even when I was all aboard the Dez Bryant bandwagon, I couldn't stop hearing about Odrick, he was the one guy that wouldn't go away. I thought 12 was way too high for him and actually thought his landing place would be either Baltimore or the Jets. I'm satisfied with the pick.

That said, Kyle Wilson is my favorite corner in this draft. You guys got one hell of a football player from out here on the west coast. He and Revis will haunt my dreams. Haha.

It's kind of funny, we Dolphins fans like to say that we HATE Darrelle Revis and he has done absolutely nothing to earn that other than wear a Jets jersey. I think the same will be said about Kyle Wilson when it's all said and done.

Archived