It all comes down to Sanchez

Boozer76

That's really it in a nutshell. We have the receivers, we have the running backs, we have the OL, and we sure as hell have the defense. It all really comes down to whether Sanchez can put it all together under a BOATLOAD of stress. He's got 3 WR's that have all been #1 targets in their past that will be demanding the ball, he's got a fanbase that have pretty much annointed themselves the SB favorites, and he has an ownership that is desperately trying to sell PSL's to the new stadium. He's got alot on his shoulders. I was extremely rough on him during his rookie campaign, though he did pull it together by the end of the season. I will say this though...having seen some of his bad games again on NFL network replay, I got to watch them objectively and realized even during those bad games he flashes a hell of alot of talent. He's got it in him, but this is really gonna be a strong test of his character.

That's really it in a nutshell. We have the receivers, we have the running backs, we have the OL, and we sure as hell have the defense. It all really comes down to whether Sanchez can put it all together under a BOATLOAD of stress. He's got 3 WR's that have all been #1 targets in their past that will be demanding the ball, he's got a fanbase that have pretty much annointed themselves the SB favorites, and he has an ownership that is desperately trying to sell PSL's to the new stadium. He's got alot on his shoulders. I was extremely rough on him during his rookie campaign, though he did pull it together by the end of the season. I will say this though...having seen some of his bad games again on NFL network replay, I got to watch them objectively and realized even during those bad games he flashes a hell of alot of talent. He's got it in him, but this is really gonna be a strong test of his character.

It is NOT all on Sanchez, and the team would be smart to make sure he understands that.

He needs to fit the framework of the offense, the same as he did at the end of last year. What the Jets did is give him more options, which is great.

It is NOT all on Sanchez, and the team would be smart to make sure he understands that.

He needs to fit the framework of the offense, the same as he did at the end of last year. What the Jets did is give him more options, which is great.

all of this means nothing if he plays like he did last season.. and the end of the year stuff isn't entirely accurate.. shonn greene had fresh legs and was facing bad run defenses. In the one game we faced a decent run defense, Sanchez was awful..

I do agree that we don't want him to think it's all on his shoulders, but the reality is that unless he becomes a decent QB we're not likely to do anything meaningful with this stacked team..

I have the opposite view. The stingy D, strong O-line and all the options/weapons at the skill positions will actually take pressure off Sanchez. He will not be forced to make the big play on his own. He is smart and aware enough to recognize the high percentage "easy" play and will execute with a high degree of accuracy. When he got in trouble in his rookie year it was because he tried to make something out of nothing. That will not be the case this season.

all of this means nothing if he plays like he did last season.. and the end of the year stuff isn't entirely accurate.. shonn greene had fresh legs and was facing bad run defenses. In the one game we faced a decent run defense, Sanchez was awful..

I do agree that we don't want him to think it's all on his shoulders, but the reality is that unless he becomes a decent QB we're not likely to do anything meaningful with this stacked team..

That is a given, the Jets need him to be a decent qb.

But, him thinking that it is on his shoulders to make plays all of the time, will get him in trouble.

He needs to manage a game (which he has shown ability to do), understand what circumstance dictates (which he did better at the end) and pick his spots.

If the Jets need him to throw 300 on a regular basis, something else is broken and the Jets are in trouble

At worst - he'll revert back to the "poorly thought out - pick" mode. Then we get the ball back on D and run it until he snaps out of the funk. Certainly not going to be that easy - but I'm not worried.

That is a given, the Jets need him to be a decent qb.

But, him thinking that it is on his shoulders to make plays all of the time, will get him in trouble.

He needs to manage a game (which he has shown ability to do), understand what circumstance dictates (which he did better at the end) and pick his spots.

If the Jets need him to throw 300 on a regular basis, something else is broken and the Jets are in trouble

And some point on a SB run it's likely he will need to.

Personally I think it all falls on Shottenheimer. This is the guy who now has a sh!tload of weapons to design offenses and keep defenses off balance.

The key will be a solid ball control offense simply getting the ball in the play makers hands. A true West Coast offense not some bull**** hybrid. There is no need to attack down field until we draw the defense in. This is how Sean Peytons offense runs in N.O. they nickel and dime you to death with dumps to backs and a solid running game then destroy you with play action in the second half by attacking down field.

Now that Shott has a backfield (Greene, Tomlinson, Washingtonx2 possibly) that can smash it down your throat or turn a dump pass into a 20+ yard gain catching the ball out of the backfield there is not one weakness on this offense to speak about. Not one. This offense is now capable of playing to any weakness a defense might present. We are no longer one dimentional. Funny thing is last year we were one dimentional and teams still could not stop our running game now add a full offseason with Edwards and the addition of Holmes in week 5 and this team could be devistating for most defenses to deal with.

If Sanchez plays smart and conservative the big plays will come. Sanchez is alot like Drew Brees and now he has the weapons and a year under his belt to prove he belongs in that category. I think he can do it with no problem. I think he will have a fantastic year.

I think he just needs to play within himself, but I still think you are right. He will feel intense pressure at a very young age.

The Jets are totally desperate to sell the thousands and thousand sof PSLs they have left.

Fans should realize, however, that even if the Jets are superbowl bound, PSLs are already being remarketed for less than face value, and we can all buy season tickets form other sources for a fraction of what the Jets want us to pay.

Personally I think it all falls on Shottenheimer. This is the guy who now has a sh!tload of weapons to design offenses and keep defenses off balance.

The key will be a solid ball control offense simply getting the ball in the play makers hands. A true West Coast offense not some bull**** hybrid. There is no need to attack down field until we draw the defense in. This is how Sean Peytons offense runs in N.O. they nickel and dime you to death with dumps to backs and a solid running game then destroy you with play action in the second half by attacking down field.

Now that Shott has a backfield (Greene, Tomlinson, Washingtonx2 possibly) that can smash it down your throat or turn a dump pass into a 20+ yard gain catching the ball out of the backfield there is not one weakness on this offense to speak about. Not one. This offense is now capable of playing to any weakness a defense might present. We are no longer one dimentional. Funny thing is last year we were one dimentional and teams still could not stop our running game now add a full offseason with Edwards and the addition of Holmes in week 5 and this team could be devistating for most defenses to deal with.

If Sanchez plays smart and conservative the big plays will come. Sanchez is alot like Drew Brees and now he has the weapons and a year under his belt to prove he belongs in that category. I think he can do it with no problem. I think he will have a fantastic year.

I agree with this 100%. This is Schotty's make or break year. Sanchez has shown enough, especially in the playoffs, that if this offense just completely bungles things you have to look at Schotty. The Jets had that run last year because the offensive philosophy completely changed at the end. Sure the Colts won, but you actually didn't even really hear the complaining, this is as opposed to the complaints many of us had earlier in the year even in wins.

I agree with this 100%. This is Schotty's make or break year. Sanchez has shown enough, especially in the playoffs, that if this offense just completely bungles things you have to look at Schotty. The Jets had that run last year because the offensive philosophy completely changed at the end. Sure the Colts won, but you actually didn't even really hear the complaining, this is as opposed to the complaints many of us had earlier in the year even in wins.

People who pay attention to whats going on in football games realize its all about the playoffs. Just because a team is 5-0 or even 10-0 does not write a ticket to the SB. Certain tell tale signs during the year are usually exposed in the playoffs (by good coaches) and even though we had the number 1 secondary in the NFL last year, a certain portion of it was totally exposed in the Colts game by a superior QB and superior planning. But even that didnt happen until Strickland got hurt. This is what sets Manning apart from a guy like Phillip Rivers. While I also think Manning has his flaws It certainly does not mean he cant rip you to shreds on a given day.

When coaches look at film they can find weaknesses in wins just as well as they find them in losses.

The First round pick of the NY Jets might turn out to be one of the most important picks of this draft if the Jets get to the SB. Im thinking they will.

Now im starting to gain alot of respect For Mike Tannenbaum. While i think he takes more input from the staff than his own hes the one who has to make the deal happen and he simply makes it HAPPEN !!

Archived