Manish Menta Breaks It Down: WHY We Drafted Wilson

SoFlaJets

I don't remember Cromartie being physical in coverage, but I do remember him being an excellent man to man cover guy so maybe he was. He's not physical in run support though.

Rex Ryan must feel like a kid whose father told him he can have anything in the toy shop. I bet he is in his laboratory right now scheming up ways to beat Peyton and Brady.

All three corners are on the line of scrimmage, but only Revis jams his receiver. Lowery and Coleman allow Garcon and Collie free releases.

Lowery is too slow for the run part of bump and run and Coleman is too small for the bump part. Jamming the WR at the line makes you vulnerable to getting burned deep if you miss the jam. Lowery is just too slow to take that risk, he has to play deep like Barrett used to. With Cromartie and Wilson the Jets now have three CBs that can jam a WR at the line without worrying about getting beat deep.

I'm honestly not used to everything coming together for the Jets like this.

Lowery is too slow for the run part of bump and run and Coleman is too small for the bump part. Jamming the WR at the line makes you vulnerable to getting burned deep if you miss the jam. Lowery is just too slow to take that risk, he has to play deep like Barrett used to. With Cromartie and Wilson the Jets now have three CBs that can jam a WR at the line without worrying about getting beat deep.

I'm honestly not used to everything coming together for the Jets like this.

It's a GREAT time to be a Jets fan isn't it ?

Archived