This loss is a bummer

JetsMan57

For the simple reason that any hope that our "Great" D can carry us anywhere this year was blown to smithereens. The D proved today that they are just an average-to- pretty good unit. They are not dominant, and they are not "Great" as some may have felt. They are only great when they face horrendous offenses like the Dolphins or Ravens.

As usual as soon as this defense gets some positive press they fall right on their faces. THey made a journeyman, scrub QB make big completion after big completion all game long. THe Run D should be ashamed of themselves. At times it looked like they didnt even want to hit McGahee. Just a sad performance all around.

Offensively, Ill just say that Dinger's offense is boring and unimaginative. Did this guy do anything to stop the Bills' heavy blitzing? Same old crap series after series. No improvising no imagination, no nothing. I watch games around the league every sunday and I see teams run multiple screens out of so many different looks to keep a team off balance. I see teams run creative gimmick plays. I dont expect the Jets to get by on gimmicks alone, but my goodness its good to break them out to keep a team off balance. We do nothing.

The only two guys I can give Kudos to today are Curtis and McCareins. Everybody else can go take a friggin hike.

Great defenses shut down ass-clowns like "Jim" Kelly Holcomb. That was a disgrace that we got manhandled by the Bills today. This defense makes big plays but,

They

1) Give way too much cusion to the WR.

2) Allow too many 1st downs

3) allow way too many 3rrd down conversions

4) Dont get enough pressure and sacks, for a "probowl" caliber line.

5) Vilma does get taken out of some games.

6) Robertson sometimes seems invisible out there.

7) They have too many illegal contact penalties.

Any more?

It felt like KC all over again.

There's no containment on the sweep and toss plays.

Where's our fargen fast lb's?

The LB's are getting walled off. That's why you saw Hobson, the biggest LB we have, making more plays than the other LB's--he's able to stand-up the blockers. Our problem is the interior defensive line. Ferguson was a huge loss, as he fit our scheme and never went backward. D-Rob and Reed are penetration guys and they let the guards get to our small LB corps, causing them to re-route their angles and clutch at arm tackles (the reason for so many missed tackles today). Ironically, I thought the best D-line play was B. Thomas. I can't stomach the guy's lack of production, but it seemed he was doing his job and occupying lineman while still gettng a push on the few plays we saw him. All in all this game was very winnable but for the simple fact that our guys are playing sloppily and seem unprepared. that falls on Herm. We've yet to dominate a game this season and even our 2 wins are "ugly". We've got more talent than a 2-4 team. We just can't put a complete game together. I said it after the KC game--we look like a team out-coached. I've yet to see the "motivated" Jets get a rythm or play mistake free. We've got the players, but that's only half the battle.

The LB's are getting walled off. That's why you saw Hobson, the biggest LB we have, making more plays than the other LB's--he's able to stand-up the blockers. Our problem is the interior defensive line. Ferguson was a huge loss, as he fit our scheme and never went backward. D-Rob and Reed are penetration guys and they let the guards get to our small LB corps, causing them to re-route their angles and clutch at arm tackles (the reason for so many missed tackles today). Ironically, I thought the best D-line play was B. Thomas. I can't stomach the guy's lack of production, but it seemed he was doing his job and occupying lineman while still gettng a push on the few plays we saw him. All in all this game was very winnable but for the simple fact that our guys are playing sloppily and seem unprepared. that falls on Herm. We've yet to dominate a game this season and even our 2 wins are "ugly". We've got more talent than a 2-4 team. We just can't put a complete game together. I said it after the KC game--we look like a team out-coached. I've yet to see the "motivated" Jets get a rythm or play mistake free. We've got the players, but that's only half the battle.

I hear ya, James Reed really sucks.

Pouha time. Reed has been OK, but its games like this where we need to find outa what we got with our 26 year old rookie Dtackle.

Archived