4th round pick, who do you want?

HessStation

Someone else said it in another thread but I'm starting to think maybe they really like Westerman which is making me happy. I think he's better than any "edge rusher" they could probably find in the 4th and beyond. I hope this is the right thinking b/c I'm a Westerman fan.

Ok. I think maybe Gholston can find a home maybe as DE with more weight...or he just sucks and bust...anyway even with Westerman there....

Greg Hardy's the guy I want!

WEll we're going to have to trade up to get him Id think... Most people had him going in the mid-late 2nd rd.

:rl:

but seriously folks, special teams needs to be a focus at some point

Definitely need to find the new Wallace Wright on specials. They have a new punt returner in Martin. But kickoff coverage can use some help as well!

NFL GM's obviously know something about him that we don't... There's gotta be a damned good reason why he has been passed up for many other DE's and DT's that arent supposed to match him in talent.

He has character problems. The teams are growing more wary of these guys then they ever were in the past because of Jones, Henry, Roethlisberger, etc. suspensions.

If they fall to us either Bruce Campbell (to eventually replace Damien Woody) or Corey Wootton.

I would object to Campbell... Remember we also took Slausen in round 5 last year...He is also an OG/RT... Vacasse will probably take over for Faneca and Slausen for Woody, or vice versa.

Look when I posted.

With Sapp, Griffen and Wootton on the board that's who I'm hoping for.

sorry

quickly came on here and stupidly assumed the thread was created as soon as the 3rd round ended

figured you guys were taking stock on the draft with 3 rounds completed

I would object to Campbell... Remember we also took Slausen in round 5 last year...He is also an OG/RT... Vacasse will probably take over for Faneca and Slausen for Woody, or vice versa.

My bet would be on the visa versa. There were a number of people who wondered whether or not Ducasse would be a LT on this level. Right now he is too raw for that, but he certainly is athletic enough to play RT in a pinch and should develop into that role. Slauson has always been considered an overachiever and most likely would be a better fit inside.

He has character problems. The teams are growing more wary of these guys then they ever were in the past because of Jones, Henry, Roethlisberger, etc. suspensions.

Some character problems are worse than others. Its one thing to be "me-first... Its another thing to be stubborn and lazy. And its another to be stupid and reckless of the field. I admit I do not know what type of player Griffen is... But obviously teams are very wary of him, enough so that it overshadows talent...

Our unfilled needs:

3-4 DE, OLB and S

Most pressing is prob. safety, but it's not worth reaching to get any of those positions.

Id say DE is more pressing than S... At least we have two starting Safeties on the roster and two somewhat reliable backups in Smith and Ihedigbo... At DE we have an aging and worn down Ellis and an unproven player in DeVito starting, with the even more unproven Gholston as the immediate backup. True, we could always re-sign Marques Douglas if need be, but it would be nice to add some youth to that unit.

Archived