I think we stole mcknight from the pats...

Jetkid94

I hope that's not why we took him, it would have been stupid, they could have him!

I'd rather have Leon!

i hear ya, but its a business and can u guarantee Leon will be 100% recovered??

I bet 90% of Docs would say No, especially this year..then you factor in Leons football RB age..he is old as far as RBs go..Its a business...

on pats boards when they took hernandez the TE right after our pick they were pretty upset because they wanted a RB. Im not saying we only took him because the pats were in need of him but I'm sure there was extra incentive to.

If the Pats REALLY wanted him they had PLENTY of opportunities to do so. They're the ones who decided to keep trading down through out the last 3 days.

Faneca suffered from the age, high salary and declining skills. He did his thing playing well and mentoring Brick and Mangold, he's gone.

Leon wanted too much money for a RB2, recovering from serious injury, and didn't progress the way many of us would have liked.

Both suffered from a trifecta of issues, and to keep the guys we have to, dropping cap is a big deal. It's a plus that we are getting younger at the same time. But if you want to hold on to guys like Revis, Mangold, Harris, Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes... some guys are going to have to go. Don't be surprised to see guys like BT, Woody and VG on the wire after next year.

So long Leon and Alan

on pats boards when they took hernandez the TE right after our pick they were pretty upset because they wanted a RB. Im not saying we only took him because the pats were in need of him but I'm sure there was extra incentive to.

Can you take a look at the rest of the Pats draft bored and give as an idea of what's going on in their war room while you're there

Another TE was a far greater need for us. We only had two on the roster. Now we've got three.

Pats fans crying for a RB don't know what they're talking about. We've got a deep group there. Taylor, Morris, and Faulk are long in the tooth but BJGE and Maroney are still young.

I think next year is the year we make a move for a new RB. With two #1's and two #2's, we'll have all the ammunition we need. How'd you all like to see Brady handing the ball off to Ingram? That would be sweet.

Another TE was a far greater need for us. We only had two on the roster. Now we've got three.

Pats fans crying for a RB don't know what they're talking about. We've got a deep group there. Taylor, Morris, and Faulk are long in the tooth but BJGE and Maroney are still young.

I think next year is the year we make a move for a new RB. With two #1's and two #2's, we'll have all the ammunition we need. How'd you all like to see Brady handing the ball off to Ingram? That would be sweet.

Be serious. Maroney Sucks.

McKnight was USC's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2005. He gained 1,014 yards, scored eight touchdowns and averaged 6.2 yards per carry.

Man you must be perfect.

He averaged 6+ YPC for his career at SC. Also averaged 20+ catches per season and 25 yards on KO returns. I agree, this is far from suckage.

He averaged 6+ YPC for his career at SC. Also averaged 20+ catches per season and 25 yards on KO returns. I agree, this is far from suckage.
An despite some people's imaginations, he did not have a fumble problem.

Even Patsie fans would have to admit he's been a huge disappointment.

Disappointing....Yes, of course. He's never had a 1000 yard season, let alone the annual 1500 yd season we were hoping for.

He's always looking to break a long run and as such dances too much. He has that annoying habit of turning 2, 3, or 4 yard gains into 1 yard losses. He's a frustrating player b/c he has so much potential. He's a great athlete. He's fast, strong, and elusive but he just doesn't seem to have the instincts to be completely reliable.

Having said all that, he doesn't suck. He's had plenty of moments. He'll never be the workhorse we envisioned but he still makes valuable contributions in the running back committee role we utilize.

The way we utilize RB's also means we can get extra mileage out of guys like Taylor and Morris who are on the wrong side of 30. Our RB unit is productive. I don't see it as a pressing need this year. Especially with BJGE being such a pleasant surprise.

Having said that, I am convinced we'll upgrade the position with younger bodies in 2011. This is likely the last go-round for Morris and Taylor.

Patsfans.Com is controlling the whole NE draft this year. A vote was taken and we just couldnt trust Belichick any longer.

BB can cook the dinner, but the fans are shopping for the groceries.

Archived