Straight A's

THE ILK

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2010nyj.php

29. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

How did the Jets obtain one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 NFL Draft at No. 29? Insane. (Pick Grade: A)

61. Vladimir Ducasse, G/OT, UMass

This is not a need at all, but it certainly will be down the line when Alan Faneca moves on. Vladimir Ducasse fits the range and can play multiple positions up front. Another good pick. (Pick Grade: A)

112. Joe McKnight, RB, USC

Great value, as Joe McKnight was a Round 2-3 prospect. LaDainian Tomlinson is old and Leon Washington is coming off an injury. The Jets had no sure thing behind Shonn Greene. (Pick Grade: A)

139. John Conner, FB, Kentucky

A very good blocker, John Conner should be a quality fullback in New York for years to come. (Pick Grade: A)

only thing that shocked me was only getting a 5th for Leon Washington. I would have considered holding on to him and moving him once he showed he was healthy for maybe a 2nd. His health was the issue. The jets took McKnight as a healthy "Leon". Also don't be surprised to see McKnight play some WR when needed.

I would have considered holding on to him and moving him once he showed he was healthy for maybe a 2nd. His health was the issue.

That's exactly what I wanted us to do. I think could have got a good years production of him and then a higher pick to round it off.

only thing that shocked me was only getting a 5th for Leon Washington. I would have considered holding on to him and moving him once he showed he was healthy for maybe a 2nd. His health was the issue. The jets took McKnight as a healthy "Leon". Also don't be surprised to see McKnight play some WR when needed.

Leon Washington continues to be overrated by Jet fans. Hopefully, someday, we'll get over it.

In retrospect, the Jets would've been wise to tender him at his original, 4th round level. Maybe then he would've signed an offer sheet, and we'd've gotten that fourth. Of course, if we lost him for a fourth, people would've thought that we could've gotten more for him. :rolleyes:

He'll be 29 this year. He was doing very little to live up to his lofty status before he got hurt, and he's now coming off a serious injury. Jets did well to get something for him now rather than nothing at all for him next year. I think it's pretty obvious that he wasn't in their long term plans.

Leon Washington continues to be overrated by Jet fans. Hopefully, someday, we'll get over it.

In retrospect, the Jets would've been wise to tender him at his original, 4th round level. Maybe then he would've signed an offer sheet, and we'd've gotten that fourth. Of course, if we lost him for a fourth, people would've thought that we could've gotten more for him. :rolleyes:

He'll be 29 this year. He was doing very little to live up to his lofty status before he got hurt, and he's now coming off a serious injury. Jets did well to get something for him now rather than nothing at all for him next year. I think it's pretty obvious that he wasn't in their long term plans.

I agree with you. I still thought we'd get higher than a 5th, but his health was the key. I never thought we'd get a 2nd until 100% healthy and that was proven in a preseason game.

Leon Washington was never worth a 2nd, not even at the peak of his career here. He's a good return man for a ST's coach that tends to make everyone he touches a good return man. He's also nothing more than a 3rd down back. His highest value ever may have been a 3rd.

Archived