Best Move of Offseason to this point?

Jetsfan80

Which move by Tannenbaum has been the best so far this offseason?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which move by Tannenbaum has been the best so far this offseason?

• Trading a 5th rounder for Santonio Holmes
    • Drafting Kyle Wilson @ # 29
    • Trading a 2011 Conditional 3rd rounder for Antonio Cromartie
    • Trading Kerry Rhodes for a 4th rounder
    • Trading up into the 4th round for Joe McKnight
    • Signing LaDainian Tomlinson
    • Trading Leon Washington for 5th rounder and drafting John Conner
    • Signing Jason Taylor
    • Drafting Vladimir Ducasse @ # 61
    • OTHER (Specify)

A 5th rounder for Santonio Holmes will turn out to be one of the greatest rip-offs of all time if he stays away from the bong and signs an extension. And if it's either/or with him and Braylon, I'd put my money on Holmes staying beyond 2010.

I'm getting the feeling that the Jets are tired of spending on players. I think that was a big reason behind getting rid of faneca/feely/leon/jones. So I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to give Cromartie a big deal after the end of the season and Kyle Wilson becomes the starter. So I voted for that.

Ducasse in the second is an even better value than Wilson in the first. In time, Ducasse will be considered the better pick. And of the additions to the roster this year, Ducasse will be the mainstay. A core player for many years to come.

I'm getting the feeling that the Jets are tired of spending on players. I think that was a big reason behind getting rid of faneca/feely/leon/jones. So I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to give Cromartie a big deal after the end of the season and Kyle Wilson becomes the starter. So I voted for that.

I don’t think they have any choice. There is an 18% reduction in the money available for the future cap coming.

The Jets are preparing.

Ducasse in the second is an even better value than Wilson in the first. In time, Ducasse will be considered the better pick. And of the additions to the roster this year, Ducasse will be the mainstay. A core player for many years to come.

I'm usually not too stoked about OL pickups, but I really like this pick. Kid is big, strong, plays with an attitude, and is still just learning how to play the game. I will not be surprised if he's the starter at LG this year, or if he's eventually moved back out to tackle. If he starts at LG, the Jets just got better running to the left than they were behind the 9-time pro bowler.

I don

I'm in the minority on this one, but I liked the Cromartie deal the best. While we got amazing value for Holmes, a 5th rounder in this year's draft had more importance than in other drafts, and of course, Holmes will be out for the first 4 weeks of the season.

Cromartie was another low-risk move that I believe will help turn Rex's D into one of the best of all-time. With him, Revis, Wilson, Leonhard and Pool in the secondary we can blitz and play man-to-man at will.

Santonio and it's really not even close.

Santonio is a one year rental. If he has a great year then the Jets will have to commit big dollars to keep him and then also lose Edwards (I don't see them investing in both players regardless of production). The draft picks are team controlled for several years.

I'm in the minority on this one, but I liked the Cromartie deal the best. While we got amazing value for Holmes, a 5th rounder in this year's draft had more importance than in other drafts, and of course, Holmes will be out for the first 4 weeks of the season.

Cromartie was another low-risk move that I believe will help turn Rex's D into one of the best of all-time. With him, Revis, Wilson, Leonhard and Pool in the secondary we can blitz and play man-to-man at will.

+1

Archived