Starting FS

BigL

I really hope that we haven't added him to our roster yet... Pool is a jag, iv'e watched him play a few times and he just isn't very good. If you guys weren't happy with Rhodes in coverage, then prepare to run this guy out of town. I really think we should sign Sharper or Atogwe (if we still can) and then this defense would be completely solid except for maybe DE. If Gholston can play DE like he does for me in madden then we will have a truley unbeatable defense with one of those safeties on the team.

I really hope that we haven't added him to our roster yet... Pool is a jag, iv'e watched him play a few times and he just isn't very good. If you guys weren't happy with Rhodes in coverage, then prepare to run this guy out of town. I really think we should sign Sharper or Atogwe (if we still can) and then this defense would be completely solid except for maybe DE. If Gholston can play DE like he does for me in madden then we will have a truley unbeatable defense with one of those safeties on the team.

D-Rex has seen him play too and he totally disagrees with you.

I take it Pool is not so good on Madden then.

I take it Pool is not so good on Madden then.

Obviously the madden thing was a joke, but ya he blows on madden haha.

Jetkid94- We play with 2 safeties my man Leonard is solid

Kentucky Jet- Has Rex said anything about the guy? (I have no idea im asking) Idk I could be wrong but again if Rhodes got alotta hate last season for his play (which was below average not gunna lie) this guy is going to get blasted.

PS- What do you mean "under the radar" He wasn't too good in cleveland so why all of a sudden is he going to be good here?

Pool will be beastly providing he's healthy. You guys will enjoy watch him play with wreckless abandonment. Browns loved the guy and didn't want him to leave.

The concussions people talk about?, well he only had 1 and it was in his 1st year. However he suffers from migraines. Runs in his family.

Pool is a good player and he was recommended by Rob Ryan. No worries fellas, the guy will play fearless and make Kerry's tackling ability look like a little school girl.

LOL

Pool is much more than a JAG when healthy.

Hmm Idk how you figure this hes been in the NFL for 5 seasons, never getting over 70 tot tackles in a season, never got even 5 picks in a season, 1 career TD and 2 career FFs. I just don't see how he developed that "hard hitter" tag especially when you can't even find a highlight on him anywhere to even try and prove he is good. I guess I am the only one who thinks the guy doesn't deserve to start on this defense filled with elite players.

Hmm Idk how you figure this hes been in the NFL for 5 seasons, never getting over 70 tot tackles in a season, never got even 5 picks in a season, 1 career TD and 2 career FFs. I just don't see how he developed that "hard hitter" tag especially when you can't even find a highlight on him anywhere to even try and prove he is good. I guess I am the only one who thinks the guy doesn't deserve to start on this defense filled with elite players.

Here was one of his better plays..

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/30/sports/football/30jets.html

:)

In all likelihood, he is. Wouldn't rule out signing Sharper, but I wouldn't rule out Lowery or Warren getting a look there and ending up playing well either. Odds are definitely in favor of Pool - who is a good player - and then after that there's a relatively decent chance Smith starts. He'll get play time at least. Everyone else is a massive long shot.

I've seen clips of him lighting sh*t up, and it was not Christmas or the 4th of July. :D

Seriously, I'm not saying the guy is great, but I think he'll be fine in his role. If he does get blasted here, it won't be for the same crap act Rhodes was putting on.

That's all I'm really saying.

Oh we can always trade for Sharper after the June dealine, if it was a dire need.

In all likelihood, he is. Wouldn't rule out signing Sharper, but I wouldn't rule out Lowery or Warren getting a look there and ending up playing well either. Odds are definitely in favor of Pool - who is a good player - and then after that there's a relatively decent chance Smith starts. He'll get play time at least. Everyone else is a massive long shot.
We are not going to be able to just sign Sharper. Unless the Saints have not or will not tender him, and that's wishful thinking.

After June 1st, if he's tendered, we will not beable to just sign him when the final 8 restrictions fall. We'd have to trade for him.

LOL. And the "Big L" stands for?

Anyone know what we can do with Atogwe being a RFA? He was tendered at the lowest level and noone showed interest... can we sign him still or we have to trade for him? His injury must have been no good because he is a proven playmaker in the NFL.

I'm not saying he's great, but he's better than a JAG...from what I've seen.

That last line I'm just not sure how to handle.

Anyone know what we can do with Atogwe being a RFA? He was tendered at the lowest level and noone showed interest... can we sign him still or we have to trade for him? His injury must have been no good because he is a proven playmaker in the NFL.
If he was tendered at the lowest offer we could sign him, but it would cost us a 4th and the odds are they would just match the offer.

I'm not sure the final 8 rules come into play on a RFA, but if they did we would have to be able to sign him for an amount that was lost to a free agent signing elsewhere.

Again, it would get matched and I don't think we even have funds eligible to sign someone. If this is the case, we would have to wait until after the final 8 restrictions are lifted.

At that point, I'm not sure if the tendered amount stays the same though.

Archived