Starting FS

BigL

Honestly...is Pool better than Ihedigbo or Eric Smith,or even Donovan Warren? I'm not so sure.

He's better than Smith by a sufficient margin to be the presumptive starter. Ihedigbo is not even close. Tough to compare Pool and Warren because playing safety and bagging groceries involve totally different skill sets.

+10000 Exactly. Prolly better than Eric Smith but idk about the other two.

What the ****?!?!

Donovan ****ing Warren? Are you guys serious? Kid just went undrafted and he's better than Pool and Smith?

He'll probably never see an NFL down for **** sake.

What the ****?!?!

Donovan ****ing Warren? Are you guys serious? Kid just went undrafted and he's better than Pool and Smith?

He'll probably never see an NFL down for **** sake.

What part of idk about the other two was unclear? I never seen Warren play before, barely got to see Ihedigbo play so far. I have seen Pool and Smith play and that's why I can say that about them.

I never payed attention to Brodney Pool before the Jets got him. I assume Rex talked to Rob Ryan about him, but he did that with Braylon Edwards too and Braylon still drops the ball like a loser anyway. So much for blaming the drops on Derek Anderson not having any touch on the ball. Anyway, it does seem a little strange to say that Pool is a quality player when a crap team like the Browns let him walk. Not saying he's bad, but Browns have a weak secondary and they let him go.

They clearly have faith in sharper which is why they didnt pay any attention to safeties in the draft, start panicking when sharper signs with a team other than ours until then i have trust that sharper will wind up here.
For the 100th time they are going to have to trade for Sharper if they want him.

We are not just going to be able to sign him when the final 8 restrictions are lifted.

Unless the Saints do not have him tendered by then, and I'm not going to count on that.

Anyone know what we can do with Atogwe being a RFA? He was tendered at the lowest level and noone showed interest... can we sign him still or we have to trade for him? His injury must have been no good because he is a proven playmaker in the NFL.

You bash Pool, say we're going to dislike him just like Kerry Rhodes, then recommend we go after Atogwe, who's soft as the other side of a pillow (trust me, I know a Rams fan who watches all their games)? So long credibility.

You bash Pool, say we're going to dislike him just like Kerry Rhodes, then recommend we go after Atogwe, who's soft as the other side of a pillow (trust me, I know a Rams fan who watches all their games)? So long credibility.

Atogwe is a beast I dont know what your talking about. he had 5 ints 6 FFs one season, 8 Ints another season, 5 FFs another season. getting 75-85 tackles a year the guy is a stud. I watch quite a few rams games just to see atogwe so you can take your credibility and shove it up your ass lol. Cant beat the numbers! 19 career picks 14 career FFs since 2005. Thats pretty nasty and all those FFs cant come if he is "soft as a pillow"

I really hope that we haven't added him to our roster yet... Pool is a jag, iv'e watched him play a few times and he just isn't very good. If you guys weren't happy with Rhodes in coverage, then prepare to run this guy out of town. I really think we should sign Sharper or Atogwe (if we still can) and then this defense would be completely solid except for maybe DE. If Gholston can play DE like he does for me in madden then we will have a truley unbeatable defense with one of those safeties on the team.

I have a gut feeling we're going to sign Sharper . ::GoJets:

I never payed attention to Brodney Pool before the Jets got him. I assume Rex talked to Rob Ryan about him, but he did that with Braylon Edwards too and Braylon still drops the ball like a loser anyway. So much for blaming the drops on Derek Anderson not having any touch on the ball. Anyway, it does seem a little strange to say that Pool is a quality player when a crap team like the Browns let him walk. Not saying he's bad, but Browns have a weak secondary and they let him go.

I think this speaks volumes. Look at Clevelands draft... they loaded up on the secondary. If Pool was any good they would have kept him IMO.

If Pool was any good they would have kept him IMO.

No, that's just not it. Different teams have different approaches to medical flags. When you have depth, injury arbitrage can be very profitable. San Diego and New England do it a lot. Teams like Cleveland, on the other hand, can't afford to roll the dice on a guy who will either play well or not at all because they can't mitigate the risk.

Archived