Bigfoot question

DMaynard

Anyone with even a mild interest in this subject is familiar with the famous "Patterson film" shot in 1967. These two guys took this film when they came across a huge ape like creature calmly walking away from them in the California woods.

It is, of course, highly controversial. But believers and skeptics alike agree it can only be one of two things. Either an actual Bigfoot, or a man dressed in a gorilla outfit - probably in cahoots with the two men, who had a rifle and did not use it. The film has been disected and argued about for forty plus years with no clear cut winner of the debate.

One aspect that I have never heard or read anyone mention is the fact (unless they lied about this as part of a hoax) that both mens' horses reared up and were spooked when they came upon the creature/man. Now, I am no expert on horses. But I am not a city boy and have been around horses enough to believe they would not scare like this if some idiot was 30 yards away in a gorilla suit (or else they would have had a heck of a time on the set of Planet of the Apes). A bear or a cougar, probably. But I would imagine their reaction would come from smell and animal instints, especially two horses that are used to carrying two hunters/outdoorsmen.

I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who really knows horses. If my thoughts are correct, it does not prove this mystery, but just adds another aspect as to why it may have been the real thing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this film broken down and it can not be a man in a costume-the way the muscles moved on her legs when she was walking (yes it's a female). Also a man couldn't have walked the way she walked-we're not built like that. I have no problem believing that there are countless undiscovered creatures roaming this planet. As I've said before my uncle and his partner came across a skunk ape back in the late 70's while on a stakeout in the Everglades

no T, I think it was a guy saying that HE was in the costume but neither Patterson or Gimlin ever admitted it as a hoax.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/gps.htm

It was about the guy who claimed to be in the suit. There was a book written about it, called The Making of Bigfoot. There are really good theories on both sides of the issue.

I've seen this film broken down and it can not be a man in a costume-the way the muscles moved on her legs when she was walking (yes it's a female). Also a man couldn't have walked the way she walked-we're not built like that. I have no problem believing that there are countless undiscovered creatures roaming this planet. As I've said before my uncle and his partner came across a skunk ape back in the late 70's while on a stakeout in the Everglades

I'd LOVE to believe they exist but you'd think by now someone, somewhere would have shot one or had one hit by a car or found a skeleton.

I'd LOVE to believe they exist but you'd think by now someone, somewhere would have shot one or had one hit by a car or found a skeleton.

That is the best argument against their existance. On the other hand, there have been so many credible witness accounts.

BTW, Pete, I just put a Hurst shifter in my stang. What a difference. Should have done it years ago.

This guy I know swears he saw a flying saucer go by him on a desolated highway in Utah or Nevada. He drives for a living, but not tractor trailers, thank God.

So, he called the Police and told them about it. They asked him what kind of drugs was he on. I think he tried to call the Army too.

To hear him tell the story is hilarious. He doesnt care how much you laugh.

This guy I know swears he saw a flying saucer go by him on a desolated highway in Utah or Nevada. He drives for a living, but not tractor trailers, thank God.

So, he called the Police and told them about it. They asked him what kind of drugs was he on. I think he tried to call the Army too.

UFO's I've seen. Both big and small. No Sasquatch though.

I bet you here allot of good stories in the looney bin. :P

UFO's are unidentified flying objects, not necessarily life forms from another planet. ;)

True. Many writers have speculated that UFO's may not be alien at all, but the remnants of past civilizations that have inhabited this planet. This idea I find very plausible, but many questions remain that may never go answered in our time.

All I know is what I've seen on three different occasions in my life. Something else/someone else exists and are visible from time to time. I'm sure others here have seen such things. Hell, even John Lennon reportedly saw a strange craft hovering outside his window in New York City.

Here's where my skepticism comes in in a general way. How come there's never a Mrs. Bigfoot? Or a Mr. and Mrs. Bigfoot with Bigfoot, Jr.? A whole extended family of Bigfeet (that's Bigfoot plural, of course), including Gramma and Gramps? Huh, hmm, huh? If Bigfeet are primates (haha, Bigfeet, that's making me laugh), they're not going to be loners, either. People love to believe crazy stuff, and that's why other people pull hoaxes - for the thrill of the dupe.

When you live in a culture where you're closer to your environment and have to scratch a hard living out of the earth with your own hands, hunt, fish with a spear, build your own dwellings, make your own clothes AFTER you spin your own thread, etc. to survive everyday life, mysticism and mystical creatures have a hell of a lot more credence. In fact, I don't doubt they 'exist'. Or flat exist without the quotation marks. It takes on a whole other significance, and it's entirely different than some goober saying he saw an ape that was eight feet tall with long fangs and yellow eyes in a cornfield. It just is.

That is the best argument against their existance. On the other hand, there have been so many credible witness accounts.

BTW, Pete, I just put a Hurst shifter in my stang. What a difference. Should have done it years ago.

Just what the Dr. ordered. Cool. :cool:

They DO test a lot of new aircraft at night out of Nellis AF Base just north on Vegas. Might have been some new prototype.

You have to ask yourself one question if you believe in this BS. How come after all these years and we're talking many years now, they've never found even one carcass of Big Foot, Skunk Ape, Abominable Snowman, Sasquatch, etc...whatever you want to call it? Unless you believe these "things" are immortal...that's another story then.

Here's where my skepticism comes in in a general way. How come there's never a Mrs. Bigfoot? Or a Mr. and Mrs. Bigfoot with Bigfoot, Jr.? A whole extended family of Bigfeet (that's Bigfoot plural, of course), including Gramma and Gramps? Huh, hmm, huh? If Bigfeet are primates (haha, Bigfeet, that's making me laugh), they're not going to be loners, either. People love to believe crazy stuff, and that's why other people pull hoaxes - for the thrill of the dupe.

When you live in a culture where you're closer to your environment and have to scratch a hard living out of the earth with your own hands, hunt, fish with a spear, build your own dwellings, make your own clothes AFTER you spin your own thread, etc. to survive everyday life, mysticism and mystical creatures have a hell of a lot more credence. In fact, I don't doubt they 'exist'. Or flat exist without the quotation marks. It takes on a whole other significance, and it's entirely different than some goober saying he saw an ape that was eight feet tall with long fangs and yellow eyes in a cornfield. It just is.

A couple of things. One, the most famous sighting of all, the Patterson film mentioned, is of a female (obvious breasts).

Also, many have speculated that they are nocturnal creatures. So the theory goes that they travel and hunt in groups at night, and already being in remote locations, this would make them very difficlut to spot. If this is true, then the occaisional one seen in daylight could just have insomnia. :P

Finally, if they are indeed a relative of ours like the gorilla, they could be quite intelligent. Burying their dead, given that intelligence and their apparently shy disposition and desire to live on the outskirts of human civilization, it would not be much of a stretch.

QrtdL6Jz13Q&feature=related

That thing is huge. It's back looks as wide as two or three men.

Bigfoot is really cool though...unlike Loch Ness and all that stuff there's elaborate tales of loggers defending themselves from attacks at night...or better yet...this one of the man who was kidnapped in a sleeping bag and stuck with a family for a couple days before one of the children got sick from something in his pack.

I really hope we find one one of these days. It wouldn't be shocking if one or more was found...it's even less shocking that they haven't been found IMO.

A couple of things. One, the most famous sighting of all, the Patterson film mentioned, is of a female (obvious breasts).

Also, many have speculated that they are nocturnal creatures. So the theory goes that they travel and hunt in groups at night, and already being in remote locations, this would make them very difficlut to spot. If this is true, then the occaisional one seen in daylight could just have insomnia. :P

Finally, if they are indeed a relative of ours like the gorilla, they could be quite intelligent. Burying their dead, given that intelligence and their apparently shy disposition and desire to live on the outskirts of human civilization, it would not be much of a stretch.

If they are intellingent enough to bury their dead...they should be smart enough to get out of the woods...sorry, I just don't buy it. Not one bone in all these years?

Breasts? I don't know, could be pecs, because it looks like Lou Ferrigno in a suit to me. People are gonna believe what they wanna believe. Living on the outskirts of human civilization, you'd think someone would have caught one raiding a dumpster by now. Of a gourmet restaurant, of course.

Still, no-one has ever seen them in a group, and primates are social and live in...social groups. That aside, I saw an episode on Monster Quest about these guys trying to catch one. Setting up 'bait', yodeling to each other in guttural sounds in the dark to entice it. Are you on the edge of your seat how it ended? :P Too many holes, not enough hard evidence. Seeing isn't always believing, but if I'm expected to believe something I'm seeing then I need to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm not convinced.

EDIT & P.S.: Hey, seeing as they have must have a miraculous form of birth/population control, I hope we find them soon! End world hunger without contraceptives! Wow. I'm in.

Breasts? I don't know, could be pecs, because it looks like Lou Ferrigno in a suit to me. People are gonna believe what they wanna believe. Living on the outskirts of human civilization, you'd think someone would have caught one raiding a dumpster by now. Of a gourmet restaurant, of course.

Still, no-one has ever seen them in a group, and primates are social and live in...social groups. That aside, I saw an episode on Monster Quest about these guys trying to catch one. Setting up 'bait', yodeling to each other in guttural sounds in the dark to entice it. Are you on the edge of your seat how it ended? :P Too many holes, not enough hard evidence. Seeing isn't always believing, but if I'm expected to believe something I'm seeing then I need to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm not convinced.

EDIT & P.S.: Hey, seeing as they have must have a miraculous form of birth/population control, I hope we find them soon! End world hunger without contraceptives! Wow. I'm in.

One thing that drives me nuts about those shows like Monster Quest is they will spend about one half of the hour showing them setting up their automatic cameras in trees and then hinting that there is a good chance they will catch something with a tease before each commercial break. Then the last five minutes of the show, they show the pictures. A deer. A mouse. An owl. Then they go "oh well, maybe next time". Why did you waste my time??? :D

Actually that episode of MonsterQuest was the most productive one in that series. They found hair that didn't match human or ape DNA....I think it was significant enough for the Post or News to throw it in as a blurb.

That was interesting. The DNA was more closley matched with human than an ape, indicating another species in between.

That was interesting. The DNA was more closley matched with human than an ape, indicating another species in between.
That was almost as bogus as the 'Bigfoot in a Freezer' hoax. The DNA that was supplied, one sample was conveniently too degraded, the second one was clearly human, and the third was mostly opossum with a little human thrown in. The opossum part, see, it was possible that was in the creature's stomach when it died. C'mon, this is just silly.

That was almost as bogus as the 'Bigfoot in a Freezer' hoax. The DNA that was supplied, one sample was conveniently too degraded, the second one was clearly human, and the third was mostly opossum with a little human thrown in. The opossum part, see, it was possible that was in the creature's stomach when it died. C'mon, this is just silly.

I missed the opossum part. Was this mentioned in the same show or is this from an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies?

Archived