Why punt fron the Bills 33 yard line?

In the second half, why did we punt from the Bills 33 yard line? I though that's why we spent a second round draft pick on a young stud kicker? ARGH! #-o

Herm will say "The wind, the conditions, pin them back, blah blah blah". In reality, I don't think he had the confidence in Nugent to make a 50 yarder. So what happens? Big Ben then blasts it into the end zone for a net gain of 13 yards. #-o

In the second half, why did we punt from the Bills 33 yard line? I though that's why we spent a second round draft pick on a young stud kicker? ARGH! #-o

Looks like he is booming his kickoffs as well.

Only to the 28-yard line? :shock:

M.Nugent kicks 42 yards from NYJ 30 to BUF 28. R.Neufeld to BUF 33 for 5 yards (B.Gardner; O.Celestin).

It was from the 35 yard line - not the 33 yard line.

That makes it a 52/53 yard FG attempt. Still, after investing a high draft pick on a kicker and being down 14 points and the defense unable to stop Buffalo, you'd think we'd go for it.

No confidence in his kicker, no confidence in his 3rd sring QB. And he's a motivator???

ok so we leave Brooks in and we tank anyway and people say why didn;t they pick up a FA Qb -

he puts Nugent in and he misses and people say why didn;t he punt?

get off the fence... do u agree with the decision or not?

They were on the Bills 35 + 10 for the endzone + 7 for a snap that's a 52 yard field goal - if that's into the wind then yes i agree with the decision. I wasn't there I don't know where the wind is.

4th and 12 isn't exactly an easy conversion.

They were on the Bills 35 + 10 for the endzone + 7 for a snap that's a 52 yard field goal - if that's into the wind then yes i agree with the decision. I wasn't there I don't know where the wind is.

4th and 12 isn't exactly an easy conversion.

There was a very strong steady wind AT HIS BACK going from the open end of the stadium STRAIGHT THROUGH. I could NOT believe Herm's decision.

i thought the exact same thing during the game. why are the jets the only team in the league that routinely punts from the opposing 35-yd line? seriously, who else punts from there? nugent definitely had the leg to make that kick but conservative herm couldn't risk the field position. another example of playing to win the game.

Archived