Official NHL playoffs thread

Bugg

Devs and Sabres done.

Caps awful goaltending exposed again, whether they beat the Habs in game 7 or not.

Nothing special in the West.

The Pens are the class of what's left, and they look like a lock for the Eastern Conference.Miller and Brodeur are gone, so there's no goalie left in the East that could steal a few games. And they don't figure to be nearly as beat up as who ever they play the rest of the way.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys know, hot goal tending can take you a long way in the playoffs.

If Luongo keeps standing on his head, the Canucks just might make some noise this year.

With San Jose and Chicago it will tough to go through on the road.

Ironically, I'd be ecstatic if the Penguins team bus fell into the Allegheny with no survivors. :lol:
I dunno. Nobody would pony up for Brooks Orpik, yet at practically the same time Glenn Sather bidding against himself signed Michael Rosival and Wade Redden for comparably obscene contracts. No fan of Cindy, but he is a great player, and the franchise is talented and well-run. You have to respect that.

I dunno. Nobody would pony up for Brooks Orpik, yet at practically the same time Glenn Sather bidding against himself signed Michael Rosival and Wade Redden for comparably obscene contracts. No fan of Cindy, but he is a great player, and the franchise is talented and well-run. You have to respect that.

I do, trust me. I just have to harass CrazyCarl for his Wings comment.

In the West, I think the Red Wings will beat the Sharks but it might take another 7. I think Vancouver beats Chicago. Sounds nuts, but Vancouver has Luongo and Chicago's goaltending is shaky. That said, I refuse to call Detroit the Odds On Favorite to move on. I think they'll win, but regardless of their choking history or not, SJ is the #1 seed for a reason and playing in the Shark Tank less than 48 hours after a game 7 will test the Wings for sure.

Didn't surprise me. The Caps are regular season warriors and postseason jokes. Suck it Ovi.

The #4 Pens are the top seed remaining in the East. Might as well just pencil them into the SCF. :)

Truth.Don't see any of these teams in the East as much of an impediment.

In 2 big spots-Olympics vs. Canada and in this round vs. the Habs, Ovie, for all his talent, was practically a nonfactor. Bigger problem remains the Caps goaltending sucks.

Halik is playing as good as any goalie- Montreal is riding him.

Crosby got away with another one last night.

Stunned the Habs are doing this.

Luongo has played very well, but we'll see if the Canucks can get past the Blackhawks.

pittsburgh is outskating montreal big time but halak standing on his head keeps it going

i think pittsburgh will still manage to get past montreal then beat boston

then i think vancouver or chicago beats san jose

pittsburgh is outskating montreal big time but halak standing on his head keeps it going

i think pittsburgh will still manage to get past montreal then beat boston

then i think vancouver or chicago beats san jose

Pens will probably win at home in game 7. But this is a shock.Good news is who ever wins Pens/Habs is going to smack the Philly/Boston winner around.

I don't think Montreal will smack anyone around if they win this series. That's not the kind of team they are.

Boston is in some trouble. They let Philly back off the ropes and the Flyers are rejuvenated by Gagne's return. The problem for Philly is the Boucher injury. They don't want to see Leighton out there right now.

Might have spoken too soon. Pens came to life after the goalie change, Habs were starting to get overwhelmed at the end of the period, holding and interfering left and right. Pens still need to play their best period of the year probably, Habs will probably be rejuvenated.

Archived