The LOLPhins Front Office: Notorious A-Holes?

uart

everyone already knows that parcells is a grade a assh*le. is it any surprise that his penchant for being a douchebag has rubbed off on ireland? what exactly has parcells done since winning a superbowl wide right anyway? team jump a few times and win nothing else in the process....thats what. fu*k him, ireland and the dolphins. i hate that team.....

And nothing would have happened to you. Too bad Bryant is too dumb to see a free shot when it presents itself.

That would have been real funny if it happened.

There would have been rumors galore. Denials. PFT reports. Everything.

everyone already knows that parcells is a grade a assh*le. is it any surprise that his penchant for being a douchebag has rubbed off on ireland? what exactly has parcells done since winning a superbowl wide right anyway? team jump a few times and win nothing else in the process....thats what. fu*k him, ireland and the dolphins. i hate that team.....

The irony is that Parcells has been in charge of teams on-and-off since 1997 and his teams have only ONE playoff victory in that span (1998, Jets).

There would have been rumors galore. Denials. PFT reports. Everything.

We wouldn't even be privy to the best part. Can you imagine the Dolphins' guys sitting there begging the lawyer not to let his client turn himself in for beating their GM senseless?

I'm no big time fancy management type, but you shouldn't treat people like that no matter what. I find it hard to believe their isn;t a better way tot est the way someone deals with stress. A question like that about his mom is totally un-called for.

Though I will admit when interviewed myself I have been asked by potential employers quite a few times, "I Bet your mom is a good cook."

We wouldn't even be privy to the best part. Can you imagine the Dolphins' guys sitting there begging the lawyer not to let his client turn himself in for beating their GM senseless?

It would have been the stuff of legend.

Dez is an idiot on many different levels. He could have had NFL immortality.

It would have been the stuff of legend.

Dez is an idiot on many different levels. He could have had NFL immortality.

Reading up on his childhood it isnt surprising why he's like the way he is. He hasnt had it easy, that's for sure.

Jeff Ireland issues public apology:

Jeff Ireland apologizes to Dez Bryant

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 27, 2010 5:32 PM ET

Well, this is a surprise.

Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland admits he was out of line when he asked Dez Bryant if Bryant's mother was a prostitute in a pre-draft interview.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him.

"I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

On one hand, we're impressed Ireland has confronted the issue head on.

Then again, this apology never would have happened unless a story came out about it.

We'll give the Dolphins some credit. Whether Ireland was compelled to release this statement from above or not, it's better that the organization own up to the mistake and move on.

Link

Here's the thing though. With all the off the field or alleged problems Bryant has, you would think the fins would have drafted him. What I mean is, I give Bryant a lot of credit for not clocking Ireland and that to me should have scored a ton of draft points.

this is bad-this is EVERYWHERE. Every football writer across the land has commented on this-this makes Miami look like the cheap organization that we already knew it was but now to everyone else around the league. Good, they deserve it-they make a mockery out of the game at their home games now IMO, with all the sucking up to B-list celebs and I've been going to Dolphins games for over 20 years now

this is bad-this is EVERYWHERE. Every football writer across the land has commented on this-this makes Miami look like the cheap organization that we already knew it was but now to everyone else around the league. Good, they deserve it-they make a mockery out of the game at their home games now IMO, with all the sucking up to B-list celebs and I've been going to Dolphins games for over 20 years now

Come on Jimmy, you know damn well if the fish called you up to perform at a half time event you would jump at it...:rl:

Is any Jet fan here surprised by this. Totally classless organization. BTW did anyone notice that none of the resident Phag trolls are around to comment ?

What could they possibly say? Bryant showed class on two fronts. Not putting his fist in Ireland's throat and then accepting his apology which he didn't have to do.

This line of questioning from Ireland was way, way over the top.

Has anyone considered if maybe Dez Bryant's mom is actually a real prostitute? If so, then no harm done here. Just another GM doing his job and making sure due diligence is the norm in Miami's front office. Can't have Dez Bryant's mom in the hallway outside the locker room waiting to give HJ's and ZJ's to the offensive line, or trading sexual favors to Ricky Williams for weed or crack or whatever the hell that guy's smoking these days. Brandon Marshall would probably have her in some secret hooker room at the bottom of the stadium. Can't have that disrupting team chemistry...no sir.

Has anyone considered if maybe Dez Bryant's mom is actually a real prostitute? If so, then no harm done here. Just another GM doing his job and making sure due diligence is the norm in Miami's front office. Can't have Dez Bryant's mom in the hallway outside the locker room waiting to give HJ's and ZJ's to the offensive line, or trading sexual favors to Ricky Williams for weed or crack or whatever the hell that guy's smoking these days. Brandon Marshall would probably have her in some secret hooker room at the bottom of the stadium. Can't have that disrupting team chemistry...no sir.

Seems like an awful lot of effort for a Beerfest ref.

if the phins were so concerned about this affecting dex' ability then the appropriate way to ask about it woudl have been something like:

"so, we're not going to say one way or the other what your mother has or ha snot done in the past, but we need to knwo if you were ever involved in any of it".

that's it. that's the only thing they needed to be concerned with. if dez' mom has turned tricks it has nothing to do with his ability to perform the job he was being interviewed for. the only thing that shoudl have concerned the phins was if dez had ever been involved in any of his mom's illegel activities. it was a completely inappropriate question...and the only morons i see defending it at all are some dolphins fans. but even alot of them are turned off by what was asked.

Archived