Faneca Signs With Arizona

flgreen

Remember Kleck there were TONS of people at the other site wanting to kill the Jets for not drafting surfer boy ? :P

More specifically it was one very loud and obnoxious one who routinely demonstrated a complete lack of football knowledge.

I was thrilled with D'Brick and I've seen nothing in the last four years that suggests I was wrong in any way.

More specifically it was one very loud and obnoxious one who routinely demonstrated a complete lack of football knowledge.

I was thrilled with D'Brick and I've seen nothing in the last four years that suggests I was wrong in any way.

I work with an individual who for the past few seasons kept telling me the Jets should have gone with Leinart - I pressed the team needs were far greater than the name. he mentioned it again during the playoffs - in a joking way sort of - I then mentioned "You do realize the guys the Jets took that year are starting in the Pro Bowl dont ya?" I never heard another word -- He who laughs last....

:rl:

The words "Leinart" and "good QB" should never appear in the same sentence.

Oh, I think he sucks balls to and have since his days at USC, but if he is any kind of good QB the Cardinals are one of the better teams in the NFC.

Thai, they lost Rolle and Dansby...big losses I guess, but a linebacker and a safety isn't going to a cripple a talented team (especially since they got a talented safety back anyway). They're stacked on the DL, they have an extremely talented secondary with Wilson, Rodgers-Cromarie, Rhodes, and Toler, their offense is loaded except at QB, and they have an excellent coaching staff...

I work with an individual who for the past few seasons kept telling me the Jets should have gone with Leinart - I pressed the team needs were far greater than the name. he mentioned it again during the playoffs - in a joking way sort of - I then mentioned "You do realize the guys the Jets took that year are starting in the Pro Bowl dont ya?" I never heard another word -- He who laughs last....

I'm fairly certain a majority of JN posters can win a debate with just about any other football fan. No joke.

He's better than anything Arizona had before hand.

Nothing can be WORSE than Faneca in the pass-blocking department. 7 sacks allowed last season. In a running system. Let's all remember that number.

And he's turning 34.

Baltimore would have been a nice fit for Faneca. But Arizona? Disaster.

Nothing can be WORSE than Faneca in the pass-blocking department. 7 sacks allowed last season. In a running system. Let's all remember that number.

And he's turning 34.

Baltimore would have been a nice fit for Faneca. But Arizona? Disaster.

So what you're saying is that...Arizona is doomed because Faneca might be the worst thing to happen to pass protection in ever...that the Cardinals are absolutely 100% cemented as a passing team (after trading Boldin and losing Warner)...and that Baltimore is cemented as a running team...?

Yea, I don't buy it in many ways. There's no rules against Arizona running, Baltimore doesn't need Faneca nor are they looking to be a running team forever, and Faneca's pass protection woes are exaggerated to say the least (really, nothing?).

Pass protection IMO falls like 75% QB and 25% OL. Sanchez took alot of crappy sacks last year during the meat of the regular season when he struggled.

Pass protection IMO falls like 75% QB and 25% OL. Sanchez took alot of crappy sacks last year during the meat of the regular season when he struggled.

Pass protection falls on the OL not on the QB. That doesn't mean a QB who holds onto the ball to long isn't the cause of sacks but the idea that pass protection doesn't fall on the OL is absurd.

Sanchez was wildy up and down as a passer but what was pretty consistent was his inability to drop back and step up into a clean pocket. Sanchez did a great job in rolling out and in play action because most of the time in pure passing situations he didn't have a clean pocket. I believe Faneca was the problem and that's why he isn't going to be here this year.

So what you're saying is that...Arizona is doomed because Faneca might be the worst thing to happen to pass protection in ever...that the Cardinals are absolutely 100% cemented as a passing team (after trading Boldin and losing Warner)...and that Baltimore is cemented as a running team...?

Yea, I don't buy it in many ways. There's no rules against Arizona running, Baltimore doesn't need Faneca nor are they looking to be a running team forever, and Faneca's pass protection woes are exaggerated to say the least (really, nothing?).

As long as Fitz is around and the RB's are Hightower and Beanie Wells, yes the Cardinals will be a passing team. I don't see their coaching staff making drastic changes to the offensive scheme because of Leinart, at least not right away.

The Ravens, meanwhile, have a strong stable of backs and are at least balanced on offense (which, in about a 60 % passing league, makes them a running team by comparison).

As long as Fitz is around and the RB's are Hightower and Beanie Wells, yes the Cardinals will be a passing team. I don't see their coaching staff making drastic changes to the offensive scheme because of Leinart, at least not right away.

The Ravens, meanwhile, have a strong stable of backs and are at least balanced on offense (which, in about a 60 % passing league, makes them a running team by comparison).

Why wouldn't the Cardinals run the ball more? They lost a top WR and a top QB. They have two talented RBs, and a large OL. What's wrong with Wells and Hightower?

Yes, the Ravens and Cardinals run the ball. No, there's no rules that says they have to be all/balls in on their perceived philosophies. The Ravens didn't take Flacco to be a running team forever, and the Cardinals aren't going to lose what they lost on offense and still pass as much as they did with Warner and Boldin on the roster.

the amount of money he got on the open market should tell Jets fans everything we need to know about Faneca's value.

Agree. With or without guaranteed money from the Jets coming in, he's not giving the Cardinals a discount to the tune of millions of dollars per season.

He served his purpose here. It was a good move to bring him in here, even with that inflated contract, and it will prove to be a good move that we let him go at this time.

the amount of money he got on the open market should tell Jets fans everything we need to know about Faneca's value.
Let's not let the facts get in the way of the story, or peoples fantasies for that matter.

Archived