Names to know for 2011 (a.k.a. Cool story bro)

SenorGato

Greg Romeus DE Pitt - Should play next season at around 6'5" or 6'6" and 275-280. One of those Justin Tuck type prospects where I started off thinking "DE/OLB" and then it hits me that there's alot of room on his frame to hit the mid-280's and maybe even as high as 295. A better because he's healthier version of Corey Wootton in this draft. Or maybe he's a DE/OLB...I'm leaning towards DE.

Rahim Moore S UCLA - The ball hawking safety of this draft. Tons of Pac-10 notice. 12 INTs and 11 PD in his first two years...started since he was a freshman.

Jerrell Powe DT/NT Ole Miss - Built like a NT, plays like a NT, has the size of a NT. More in the mold of Raji/Wilfork than Jenkins/Ngata, but I'm pretty sure no one cares.

Phil Taylor DT/NT Baylor - 6'5 350. Kicked out of Penn State, but apparently very close to his coaches at Baylor. Possibly true.

Kendrick Ellis NT Hampton - Similar size to Taylor, but from a school that's produced good DL.

Cameron Heyward DE/DT OSU - Standout since he was a freshman. Near prototype size at 6'6 290. Better player than most of the OSU DL prospects that have come out lately, but might be slightly overhyped. If he can get to 300 for the season and come to combine at like 300-305 he's probably the best 3-4 end prospect in a while.

Adrian Clayborne DE/DT Iowa - Decent size at 6'3 284. High motor guy who played extremely well in '09.

Christian Ballard DE/DT Iowa - Clayborn's more prototypically sized teammate. 6'5 285 with long arms. Solid player in college, has upside but hasn't had the big season yet. Tons of upside here.

The UNC DL - Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Powell - These are the significant draft eligible ones. Quinn might be special. Austin and Powell have alot of talent. Austin could be a really good 3-4 DL prospect.

Lawrence Marsh DE/DT Florida - 6'5 310. Needs to stay healthy, otherwise he's Oghobaase 2.0 in that I'll be talking about him alot.

Deunta Williams - UNC's big (6'2 215) talented S.

DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson - Another talented but hard to really gauge Clemson prospect. #1 recruit coming out of HS. Has the size and reminds me physically of Shaun Ellis, but hasn't been all that productive in college.

Allen Bailey - Has his own thread. He's from a bumble***** town in a swamp with less than 200 other people. NY's lights might be a little bright, maybe. I'm weary, but the size and power are obviously looming.

Jurrell Casey NT USC - Plays with leverage, has the body, but his listed size is 6'1 295.

Colby Whitlock NT Texas Tech - This guy is just awesome. Really undersized, but I don't think anyone plays with better leverage in college. Possibly Kelly Gregg 2.0.

Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt. - 6'5 225 WR that will get compared to Plaxico Burress without character problems. Might be the best athlete amongst the high end WRs...him, Green, Jones, and Floyd.

Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama - 6'2 250 ILB that started opposite McClain until getting injured. Don't know where he ranks right now, but he's really talented. There's alot of talented LBers that now I'm too lazy to talk about but the list includes...Von Miller, Kelvin Sheppard, Herzlich, Sturdivant, Jones, Carter, Lewis,

Cliff Matthews DE/LB South Carolina - Another nice talent from the Game****s, who might be significant again.

Aldon Smith DE/LB Missouri - 6'4 252 guy with top athleticism. He's what people thought Ricky Sapp was. I like Gabbert the QB from Missouri too.

Nick Perry DE/LB? USC - He's taking Griffen's place, except he might have a motor.

I didn't even touch alot of the offense...or even most of the D.

If I could pick 5 players from this draft I think I'd go:

Heyward

Powe

Baldwin

Ingram (RB 'Bama)

Costanzo (OT BC)

"Dream" 2011 Draft assuming it's a 3rd for Cromartie:

1: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt

2: Cliff Matthews DE/OLB Souf Carolina

4: Kendrick Taylor DT/NT Hampton

5: Allen Bradford RB USC

6: Joe Torchia TE Virginia

7: Richard Lapham OT Boston College

My Dream Mock; 1st: Adrian Clayborn....I'd give up my first and second to grab him, if possible. He's easily my favorite DE prospect in a very long time. He reminds me of a Rich Man's Tyson Jackson, he's just amazing.

He has the size 6'3 295 (read that he's gained weight from the off-season training program), the speed and an arsenal of pass-rush moves.

Just check out what he did against G-tech in the orange bowl this past year..dominating stuff. He plays the run very well, he's powerful, high motor...my favorite prospect in the upcoming draft and I personally would rather him over Quinn. I just don't think he'll be around for us to have.

kNpMdwtbLv0&feature

• 2 weeks later...
Godbless all of you. I don't know how you do this all year...

Can't speak for anybody else but I sure don't. All I'm doing this time of year is keeping an eye out for matchups. Ohio State DL vs. Wisconsin OL, Ponder vs. UNC defense, just obvious stuff like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this a new game like Marry, Kill, F***? My turn:

CTM

RJF

jetsrule128

Didn't see that coming. I'd probably **** CTM, marry RJF, and kill jetsrule.

I was going for Diva/Retard/Awesome, but that's good to know.

Oh. Well, I was just...uhh...kidding. [cough]

bahahahahaha...

Dbatesman.. check your PM's

• 4 weeks later...

New Mock draft:

1: Da'Quan Bowers - He's got the upside to replace Ellis admirably. I would also accept Powe and possibly Ballard or Fairlely.

2: Clint Boling - LG prospect in the mold of Eric Steinbach. Has played LT in college, but a really nice G propsect.

4: Mark Barron - Safety this offseason please!

6: Michael Morgan - Athletic USC LB, not all that skilled yet.

7: Broderick Binns - Iowa pass rusher...DE/OLB convert.

FYI my top 64 seniors ranked

http://www.draftdaddy.com/2011_senior_rank.pdf

feedback welcome

Sherrod at 4 could be called crazy, but teams really do value good OL very highly and this is a really weak OT class.

Bailey in the top 5...No. I learned my lesson with Gholston.

Ponder is too high...Paea is overrated...

I actually meant to put Sheard on the 3-4 OLB list in the other thread, not Jack Crawford.

O'Dowd should be higher...the injuries suck, but otherwise he's the best interior OL in this draft. The only interior guy I like as much as Boling from Georgia.

New Mock draft:

1: Da'Quan Bowers - He's got the upside to replace Ellis admirably. I would also accept Powe, Ballard, or Fairley.

2: Clint Boling - LG prospect in the mold of Eric Steinbach. Has played LT in college, but a really nice G propsect.

4: Mark Barron - Safety this offseason please!

6: Michael Morgan - Athletic USC LB, not all that skilled yet.

7: Broderick Binns - Iowa pass rusher...DE/OLB convert.

the Jets love the big 10 and they need to replace Ellis. Cameron Heyward is probably their dream prospect.

While this is true, I think they'll really like the Iowa guys...especially Clayborn and Ballard.

That said, Heyward's a guy I've followed since he was a freshman and he's legit. Just as long as we come away with a legit high upside DL guy...if they can get production from Gilbert or Gholston then I think they'll be huge fans of Heyward or Ballard....or one of the NTs...probably between Powe and Ellis.

• 2 weeks later...

More Bs'ing...

1: Robert Quinn - Had brain surgery (!) and isn't playing this year because of the "don't talk to an agent" rule...aka the "hey I'm a really outdated rule" rule in college football. Still, easily the most talented pass rusher in this draft. It would be awesome if he fell to us. You know how great teams sometimes get lucky? Landing Quinn would be that moment for the new, non-crappy Jets. It'd be the equivalent of Ray Lewis or Ed Reed falling as low as they did in their drafts...

2: Rahim Moore - Playmaking S is almost as big a want from me as a massive DL. He's close to Delmas and Nate Allen from the past couple drafts.

4: Lawrence Guy - Could/should go higher. One of the least talked about legit DE/DT type talents in the draft. Very similar type of player to Cameron Heyward, and might be the better pass rusher. So begins the DL rebuild.

5: Ian Williams - Undersized NT. Could be a similar type of player to what Myron Pryor does for the Pats D.

6: Greg Little - Might be as talented as his old teammate Hakeem Nicks. One of the UNC guys who got suspended with Quinn.

7: Butch Lewis - Developmental OL prospect from USC. Lots of room to put weight on.

• 5 months later...

I'd be quite surprised if Moore was there at the bottom of the third (where that second pick should be) and think Little's getting enough hype now that he'll probably go higher than that, I'd guess in the 3-4 range if not late 2.

• 7 months later...

Archived