Mangold on WFAN at 12:15

oxscott

The Jet Stream

by Sports Editor

Mangold talks about Faneca's departure

By Matt Gagne

They played side-by-side for two seasons on the Jets offensive line, sat near each other in the locker room and were having dinner together Friday night when Alan Faneca got a call from Rex Ryan, informing the nine-time Pro Bowler that he'd been cut.

For Nick Mangold, the moment "was surprising, it was tough. I've never gone through a team saying, 'You've been cut and we're moving on.' To watch it happen in front of my eyes, it was a little bit difficult."

"Obviously I was real disappointed. He was a great mentor and teacher for me, and really helped me improve my game,

The Jet Stream

by Sports Editor

By Matt Gagne

They played side-by-side for two seasons on the Jets offensive line, sat near each other in the locker room and were having dinner together Friday night when Alan Faneca got a call from Rex Ryan, informing the nine-time Pro Bowler that he'd been cut.

For Nick Mangold, the moment "was surprising, it was tough. I've never gone through a team saying, 'You've been cut and we're moving on.' To watch it happen in front of my eyes, it was a little bit difficult."

"Obviously I was real disappointed. He was a great mentor and teacher for me, and really helped me improve my game,

The Jet Stream

by Sports Editor

By Matt Gagne

Why haven't we extended Mangold, Revis or Brick by now?

The new collective bargaining agreement will greatly dictate salary structures going forward.

I think it would be rather foolish for any NFL team to extend or renegotiate with anyone currently under contract until the new agreement is put in place.

Why haven't we extended Mangold, Revis or Brick by now?

They is a lock out looming. The pivotal point of the lock out is that the owners are demanding an 18% reduction in the money available to the players. The owners will probably win the dispute.

A team would have to be nuts to give out big contracts now when they don

They is a lock out looming. The pivotal point of the lock out is that the owners are demanding an 18% reduction in the money available to the players. The owners will probably win the dispute.

A team would have to be nuts to give out big contracts now when they don

Archived