ESPN's 30 for 30: Run Ricky Run

Jbro22

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. Anyways anyone see it? I thought it was awesome.

Dolphins hate aside, I kinda have a new found respect for Ricky. He's on another planet, some of the stuff that came out of his mouth was wild. He just doesn't see things the way we see them.

The thing that confuses me, is this. How in the world do you feel comfortable signing that guy and actually putting the football in his hands? The guys on another planet. Granted, he did way more than anyone expected out of him since he came back.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. Anyways anyone see it? I thought it was awesome.

Dolphins hate aside, I kinda have a new found respect for Ricky. He's on another planet, some of the stuff that came out of his mouth was wild. He just doesn't see things the way we see them.

The thing that confuses me, is this. How in the world do you feel comfortable signing that guy and actually putting the football in his hands? The guys on another planet. Granted, he did way more than anyone expected out of him since he came back.

Haven't seen it yet but I can't wait to see his pathetic responses to why he left the game. I'm sure I will not come out with a "new found respect" for him like you did, probably a bigger, better, new found hatred.

Haven't seen it yet but I can't wait to see his pathetic responses to why he left the game. I'm sure I will not come out with a "new found respect" for him like you did, probably a bigger, better, new found hatred.

I don't know man.

Its like he's a different species.

But please watch it and post. I find it hard to believe you could hate him more after it.

Curious, what is this "new found respect" you speak of?

The film is exactly what i expected it to be....the guy is out there. To say things like "Money doesn't matter" (until your living in a card board box, hence his return to football) and asked if oyu ever think about your kids you havn't seen in years and your response is "No"...isn't the norm. Ricky was the Miami Dolphins when he played for us. He's been servicable upon his return but when he came back to football he lost the big body he was playing with when he won the rushing title and never got it back. I guess Wannstache is in part to blame for Ricky's downfall, no one has ever carried the ball more in a 2yr span than Ricky did....lots of abuse, but hey, thats your job.

He has 3 kids by 3 different women and sees none of them. I wonder if douchebag Gary Myers will bring this up as being a potential chemistry problem with the Fins in the same way Cromartie's seed spreading is.

You didn't watch the whole thing, apparently. He married one of the baby mamas last year, whom he has two kids with.

You didn't watch the whole thing, apparently. He married one of the baby mamas last year, whom he has two kids with.

I fell asleep before the end, but i guess he now has 4 kids then. One of the women was saying that she thinks she is his girlfriend, but she never sees him. Of course this was during his global "walkabout" and maybe there was an update. He did say that he didn't even think about his kids

I fell asleep before the end, but i guess he now has 4 kids then. One of the women was saying that she thinks she is his girlfriend, but she never sees him. Of course this was during his global "walkabout" and maybe there was an update. He did say that he didn't even think about his kids

That's the one he married, Kristin.

He's a weird cat. He actually said he didn't miss kids, but only when he didn't think about them. Wrap your head around that one.

At the end, they made it seem like the only kid he never sees is the one in Hawaii, who's name is Blaze, ironically.

dude you have no idea what your talking about....watch the documentary and then sputter utter nonsense...

i dont care what anyone says Ricky Williams is the man...

im now a fan of ricky and most of the **** he says makes sense if u think deep into it.. besides all the weed hes very innocent

Thankyou.

Put the hoo rah coo rah F' the dolphins **** away for one second...

And you could pretty much tell who saw it, and who didn't just by the comments.

Stand up individual. At least Cromartie sees his kids and actually has one living with him.

You are way off base on this. Cromartie has 7 or 8 kids and was behind on child support payments before the Jets advanced him $500K.

I remember watching Ricky playing in the outfield for Batavia in Single A baseball (1998 maybe?) I have always liked the guy.

He has 3 kids by 3 different women and sees none of them. I wonder if douchebag Gary Myers will bring this up as being a potential chemistry problem with the Fins in the same way Cromartie's seed spreading is.

Actually that was in 2004, he married one of the mothers last year and had two more children with her. He sees all his kids now. Thats what happens when you dont watch then entire thing...

Archived