ESPN's 30 for 30: Run Ricky Run

Jbro22

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So why is he back in the NFL if he in fact didnt want to play football? if $ & Fame didnt matter he wouldve stuck by his guns and stayed retired.

Why isnt he a holistic Dr full time or an acupuncturist full time since he "doesnt like football". Stop being a homer, Ricky Williams has mental issues and belonged in a looney bin with the rest of the loons.

Honestly, I think he hates the "fame" - it's the money he NEEDS. Needs to support his "flights of fancy." Families don't get raised without money. Trips to visit the dali lama - or whatever it is that he wants to do - takes MONEY. He is playing for the MONEY. Maximizing his earning potential while he can so he can retire and enjoy his life - financially worry free in his own little la-la land. God bless him. He is doing what we all do. Making a living as best we can.

Just watched it. Thought it was great.

I think Ricky is as genuine a person as you are going to find. Garb hit the nail on the head in her post. It's obvious that he doesn't love football, fame, and money. He needs it. His absence from football was essential for him discovering himself. Through that, he became a better person, father, and husband (kinda). Ricky is a very deep person, and I find his whole story fascinating. It's unheard of - what he did.

Look forward to seeing what he does in his life after football.

watched it last night. i was blown away by ricky's take on life! Interesting look at how the US media can paint you however they want since we have become a society of headlines and blurbs/espn bottom line.......all we see is "Ricky Smoked Out" and "Williams on Drugs". This guy will be defined by those 3 line headlines for the rest of his life b/c the US media has that sensationalistic power. He comes across as a very thoughtful, insightful guy who obviously has some social anxiety issues. My respect for Ricky for staying the path on his minds journey is immense.....ill probably never boo him again!

watched it last night. i was blown away by ricky's take on life! Interesting look at how the US media can paint you however they want since we have become a society of headlines and blurbs/espn bottom line.......all we see is "Ricky Smoked Out" and "Williams on Drugs". This guy will be defined by those 3 line headlines for the rest of his life b/c the US media has that sensationalistic power. He comes across as a very thoughtful, insightful guy who obviously has some social anxiety issues. My respect for Ricky for staying the path on his minds journey is immense.....ill probably never boo him again!

Na, the crazy pothead headline sounds better.

I just finished watching Run Ricky Run.

Certainly a very complex and amazingly frank man.

Cant see how anyone could dislike him if this potrayal is accurate.

FWIW, regarding his mandated tratment time in Boston, where he was diagnosed with narcissitic personality disorder is absurd.

The social phobia / avoident dx seems more plausible.

The psychological weight of his experience with his father must be unbearable at times.

Hope the guy finds the peace he is searching for.

Archived