Colts Sign One Of Our Tryout Players For MinI Camp

idahojetsfan

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Sports 10 has learned that former Indiana State football player Donye McClesky has signed a free agent contract with the Indianapolis Colts.

McClesky was not selected last weekend in the NFL Draft.

He had been invited to try out with the New York Jets at their rookie mini-camp this weekend.

On Wednesday afternoon, ISU head football coach Trent Miles informed Sports 10 that McClesky was offered a free agent contract by the Colts.

Last season, the ISU senior posted 92 tackles, two interceptions and one sack in 11 games. McClesky is the second former ISU player on the Colts off-season roster. Former Terre Haute North and ISU standout Jamie Petrowski has been with the team the last two seasons.

The Colts will have a three-day rookie mini-camp beginning on Friday.

McCleskey was not selected in last weekend

Is there a story here?

The Colts offered this guy a contract, we only offered him a tryout.

The Colts said "Come in, sign your contract and get ready to play in our preseason".

The Jets said "Come in, work out for us, and we'll think about offering you a contract".

He signed the contract, of course. Like anybody would.

So where's the story?

Is there a story here?

The Colts offered this guy a contract, we only offered him a tryout.

The Colts said "Come in, sign your contract and get ready to play in our preseason".

The Jets said "Come in, work out for us, and we'll think about offering you a contract".

He signed the contract, of course. Like anybody would.

So where's the story?

not really ....but since it was reported he was going to the jets

you guys might as well know he changed his mind

Okay, but not to be critical, do you think he was really worth a thread?

You like to follow marginal players, so you of all people should know that teams invite many undrafted players to try out before the season, and even a fair amount of players to try out during the season. Most of these players don't get signed, and of the ones that do, a good percentage get cut after doing nothing for a couple of games.

So here we have an undrafted player invited to try out, but he got offered an actual contract by another team and signed. I don't think there are many fans who follow unknown players invited to try out for the Jets-after they get signed they might show some interest, but so many players try out and fail that it would be impossible to follow them all.

It's not like you need any big justification to start a thread on a message board, but c'mon-an undrafted unknown gets signed by another team before he has a chance try out with us?

You like to follow marginal players, so you of all people should know that teams invite many undrafted players to try out before the season, and even a fair amount of players to try out during the season. Most of these players don't get signed, and of the ones that do, a good percentage get cut after doing nothing for a couple of games.

So here we have an undrafted player invited to try out, but he got offered an actual contract by another team and signed. I don't think there are many fans who follow unknown players invited to try out for the Jets-after they get signed they might show some interest, but so many players try out and fail that it would be impossible to follow them all.

It's not like you need any big justification to start a thread on a message board, but c'mon-an undrafted unknown gets signed by another team before he has a chance try out with us?

" Not to be critical " but you're being just that. :-k I'm confused. Why waste a post on it, just avoid the thread. I found it interesting. Just think of this safety actually became an all pro down the road.

It

" Not to be critical " but you're being just that. :-k I'm confused. Why waste a post on it, just avoid the thread. I found it interesting. Just think of this safety actually became an all pro down the road.

This poster gets a ton of criticism from other members because he starts many threads about truly unknown players, as if we are to supposed to know who they are. He attaches the same attention to marginal unknowns that most fans attach to stars. He has been doing this for a long time, and been receiving tons of criticism for a long time.

I don't think he is that bad of a guy, just a little misguided. If once in a while he brought up an unknown player who he has seen and thinks is really talented, fine. But so many of his posts involve people I don't think he has seen, yet he puts them out here for our consideration, and I don't honestly know HOW we are supposed to consider them, or even why he thinks we should.

If he would limit the threads on unknowns to the ones he's seen and thinks truly have been overlooked, and posted about people we actually know once in a while, I don't think he would get all this hostility from other posters.

This poster gets a ton of criticism from other members because he starts many threads about truly unknown players, as if we are to supposed to know who they are. He attaches the same attention to marginal unknowns that most fans attach to stars. He has been doing this for a long time, and been receiving tons of criticism for a long time.

I don't think he is that bad of a guy, just a little misguided. If once in a while he brought up an unknown player who he has seen and thinks is really talented, fine. But so many of his posts involve people I don't think he has seen, yet he puts them out here for our consideration, and I don't honestly know HOW we are supposed to consider them, or even why he thinks we should.

If he would limit the threads on unknowns to the ones he's seen and thinks truly have been overlooked, and posted about people we actually know once in a while, I don't think he would get all this hostility from other posters.

A. I agree with you 100%

B. I'm convinced Thai Jet is secretly jetsrule128's brother or some other relative ;)

and

C. At least it isn't about Big Brother :P

A. I agree with you 100%

B. I'm convinced Thai Jet is secretly jetsrule128's brother or some other relative ;)

and

C. At least it isn't about Big Brother :P

A. Thank you very much. :D

C. Anybody who posts on reality TV on this board does so at their own risk. Don't expect anyone to come to your defense, you are entirely on your own. And rightly so.

B. Ouch, that's nasty. Actually Thai Jet, myself and a few others used to defend 128, because it's hard to see one guy get ganged up on continuously. And 128 has been thrown out more than once, and the people who run this board are not trigger happy.

But after awhile you see the same guy come back and do the same thing over and over again-thread after thread about obscure players who are likely to get cut before they make the team. At some point you realize it's up to the guy himself to understand WHY so many people are getting on him-it's because almost all his posts are about people we don't know.

Like I said, I don't think 128 is a bad guy, but he has to realize that a Jets message board exists to serve the interests of the average Jet fan-the games they watch, the players the like or hate, and all the rest. If he keeps on posting about players and things we don't care about, like who will be the veteran players invited to rookie camp, (answer-nobody the coach presently believes is very valuable), he's going to keep on getting this grief from other posters.

A. Thank you very much. :D

C. Anybody who posts on reality TV on this board does so at their own risk. Don't expect anyone to come to your defense, you are entirely on your own. And rightly so.

B. Ouch, that's nasty. Actually Thai Jet, myself and a few others used to defend 128, because it's hard to see one guy get ganged up on continuously. And 128 has been thrown out more than once, and the people who run this board are not trigger happy.

But after awhile you see the same guy come back and do the same thing over and over again-thread after thread about obscure players who are likely to get cut before they make the team. At some point you realize it's up to the guy himself to understand WHY so many people are getting on him-it's because almost all his posts are about people we don't know.

Like I said, I don't think 128 is a bad guy, but he has to realize that a Jets message board exists to serve the interests of the average Jet fan-the games they watch, the players the like or hate, and all the rest. If he keeps on posting about players and things we don't care about, like who will be the veteran players invited to rookie camp, (answer-nobody the coach presently believes is very valuable), he's going to keep on getting this grief from other posters.

I know what you are saying. My point is if it's a topic you don't like, simply ignore it. People here seem to love to pile on someone when they're down. I agree with the Big Brother BS which I dispise but again, just ignore it, I do.

Personnally I found this interesting. I don't get a ton of Jets news being from Buffalo so I for one appreciate any news I can get. That's why I love JN so much.

I know what you are saying. My point is if it's a topic you don't like, simply ignore it. People here seem to love to pile on someone when they're down. I agree with the Big Brother BS which I dispise but again, just ignore it, I do.

Personnally I found this interesting. I don't get a ton of Jets news being from Buffalo so I for one appreciate any news I can get. That's why I love JN so much.

You're from Buffalo? That actually explains so much :P

Archived