****OFFICIAL**** Day 2 Rookie Mini Camp Thread

SoFlaJets

McKnight always had substantially better ypc numbers than the other USC running backs, he's talented. Don't worry about they guy, he's going to be the next 4th round steal for the Jets.

The stuff people are saying about this fast TE remind me of what people were saying about J'Nathan Bullock last year, whose now playing with the St. Laurence Geelong Supercats of the South Eastern Australian Basketball League.

If Reamer is any good at all at kick coverage I'd rather have him on the team than a Larry Izzo type or that Laury guy who never did anything. It sounds like if Reamer can gain weight he'll be okay.

McKnight always had substantially better ypc numbers than the other USC running backs, he's talented. Don't worry about they guy, he's going to be the next 4th round steal for the Jets.

The stuff people are saying about this fast TE remind me of what people were saying about J'Nathan Bullock last year, whose now playing with the St. Laurence Geelong Supercats of the South Eastern Australian Basketball League.

If Reamer is any good at all at kick coverage I'd rather have him on the team than a Larry Izzo type or that Laury guy who never did anything. It sounds like if Reamer can gain weight he'll be okay.

...and if not, we have our 46 (in the box) safety.

anybody have a clue how fast he is?

...and if not, we have our 46 (in the box) safety.

anybody have a clue how fast he is?

Not very. Nobody was quoting his 40 time, but he wasn't even invited to the combine and some Alabama papers said injuries had sapped his speed. I doubt he's playing safety at this level. I think you're all getting ahead of yourselves. Just like it's too soon to get down on McKnight it's too soon to get all high on anybody. He's playing against other UDFAs and he's smaller than Vilma. The guy isn't even a signed UDFA, he's a tryout player, it's not uncommon for the coach to talk up those guys. Everybody seems to love him so maybe he'll be a practice squad candidate or best case, a special teamer.

Not very. Nobody was quoting his 40 time, but he wasn't even invited to the combine and some Alabama papers said injuries had sapped his speed. I doubt he's playing safety at this level. I think you're all getting ahead of yourselves. Just like it's too soon to get down on McKnight it's too soon to get all high on anybody. He's playing against other UDFAs and he's smaller than Vilma. The guy isn't even a signed UDFA, he's a tryout player, it's not uncommon for the coach to talk up those guys. Everybody seems to love him so maybe he'll be a practice squad candidate or best case, a special teamer.

You're probably right, Dom, knee-jerk reactionists.

Still, I'm high on Westermann, and think he might have his little coming out party this year. Last year, Jammall was this year's Cory Reamer; a player who understands what's going on and can use whatever athleticism he has to his advantage because he knows what's going on.

His proday measurements were actually 6'4, 234. So he's tall and light. But apparently he understands his role, and that includes adding weight. He sounds like a guy who will do everything he can to make this team.

You're probably right, Dom, knee-jerk reactionists.

Still, I'm high on Westermann, and think he might have his little coming out party this year. Last year, Jammall was this year's Cory Reamer; a player who understands what's going on and can use whatever athleticism he has to his advantage because he knows what's going on.

His proday measurements were actually 6'4, 234. So he's tall and light. But apparently he understands his role, and that includes adding weight. He sounds like a guy who will do everything he can to make this team.

Well he'll probably get an offer to come to camp. That's step 1.

Remember, Rex is talking about how quickly he picks up the defense, that is giving him a step up on the usual athletic moron that he is competing against. Once the morons figure out the D they will look better.

This is the best thing that could happen to McKnight. He seems like he came in with a bit of an attitude. This will break him down to ground zero. Rex and the vets will get on him and the last thing he will be worrying about is what number he wears.

He will be fine.

This is the best thing that could happen to McKnight. He seems like he came in with a bit of an attitude. This will break him down to ground zero. Rex and the vets will get on him and the last thing he will be worrying about is what number he wears.

He will be fine.

when the vets get their hands on these kids that's when we'll start seeing some real change and real progress-remember how Leon got so much better working with Curtis-he taught him how to pass block and how to BE a pro

is there even a blip on ducasse ?

mcknight will play a minor role, the jets need ducasse to start (ideally)

any news on him ?

I'm thinking no news is good news. They're out there in shorts and tee-shirts. It's not like he's able to hit anyone. Fortunately, he hasn't done anything to embarrass himself, either.

Archived