Mini Camp Day 2...McKnight still struggling

NIGHT STALKER

@ManishMehta1 Joe McKnight said he's dealing with slight stomach virus & will ask #Jets if he can stay few extra days to work out with coaches.

Stomach virus may or may not be BS (hope it's not, just because I hate BS excuses), but the fact that he knows exactly what kind of weekend he's had -and that he wants to stay on longer to prove himself- should speak to the kind of kid he is.

Every year kids struggle in these camps. Having up to the second Twitter updates is what's new. Hopefully we start to hear more positives than negatives about him soon.

Nothing like a good Rex quote; “You got to get over the fact that he has no neck,” Ryan quipped. “He does look kind of funny.”

I don't remember anyone bringing it up but throughout the playoffs the reporters were going after Rex because of off color remarks he was making...It just looked like it took all the pressure off of Sanchez. I give him (Rex) all kinds of respect for how he handled that.

I can't wait to see what he does with the players he and Tanny are bringing in. I really think he's going to do great things.

maybe he's been sitting on the coach all winter eating twinkies!

I don’t think so. Sanchez knows him. They played together. Rex said after the draft that they had asked Sanchez about him, and he said Sanchez told him that he would never recommend a player just because he played for USC, but he gave McKnight a solid recommendation.

Think the kid has been laying around drinking beer and eating chips since the combine. Maybe he even drank some beer his first night in NY. Guy’s what? 21?

If he shows up for camp like this there may be a problem.

Edit

Oh crap, I quoted the wrong person. I meant to quote Night stalker. Don't smoke or drink before sundown. :)

@ManishMehta1 Joe McKnight said he's dealing with slight stomach virus & will ask #Jets if he can stay few extra days to work out with coaches.

Stomach virus may or may not be BS (hope it's not, just because I hate BS excuses), but the fact that he knows exactly what kind of weekend he's had -and that he wants to stay on longer to prove himself- should speak to the kind of kid he is.

Every year kids struggle in these camps. Having up to the second Twitter updates is what's new. Hopefully we start to hear more positives than negatives about him soon.

That's a big + in my book.

That's a big + in my book.

Double this sentiment. He's a player, very excited to see him this year, he's gonna make people forget about leon pretty quick. I hate USC with the best of them, but everytime I saw this kid, rooting against USC of course, I remember constantly saying eff you McKnight, because he just scurried for another first down on 3rd and 17 or something crazy.

Leon was slow to start in his rookie year, but he was just a gamer. I've got the same feeling about Mc.

Plus, what usually separates the good from the great, is the will to be great. A lot of these guys have talent, but not all have the willing to put in the extra effort; it seems this kid does. Even if he's JAG talent wise, but he puts in the overtime, he'll be worth it.

“He’s fighting through it,” Rex Ryan said. “It’s funny. Every time I look around, he’s got a wet towel around his neck… then he’s making one mistake after another. Then you put the ball in his hands – and he’s pretty good.”

“I don’t know exactly what it is, but he’s fighting through it,” Ryan added. “Sometimes it takes a player a little longer to play like a Jet. Maybe the tempo’s different (from college). I don’t know.”

I seriously think that when its all said and done that Rex Ryan will be the greatest Jet coach of all time and one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL. This guy really, REALLY gets it. How in the world did the Ravens allow this to happen?

I seriously think that when its all said and done that Rex Ryan will be the greatest Jet coach of all time and one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL. This guy really, REALLY gets it. How in the world did the Ravens allow this to happen?

+rep

Seriously. "Play like a Jet?" Who said that before Rex... No one? He really does get it. He's given the Jets - by far - the biggest identity they've had at least in my short lifetime. Maybe the Ravens passed on him because he is older and kind of obese? I'm not even kidding. I don't know why they'd pass him up.

+rep

Seriously. "Play like a Jet?" Who said that before Rex... No one? He really does get it. He's given the Jets - by far - the biggest identity they've had at least in my short lifetime. Maybe the Ravens passed on him because he is older and kind of obese? I'm not even kidding. I don't know why they'd pass him up.

Don't know. Don't care. I'm just glad they did psss on Rex. ::GoJets:

+rep

Maybe the Ravens passed on him because he is older and kind of obese? I'm not even kidding. I don't know why they'd pass him up.

Rex is younger than he looks.

The Ravens org didn't think he was mature enough, which is valid, and it's quite possible Rex may never grow up.

+1

Looks like he's going to become the biggest bust we've had since Gholston.

How can a 4th rd pick be as big of a bust as the 6th pick in the draft? I don't even know if it's possible to label a 4th rd pick a bust.

Give the kid a break. This is rookie mini camp for Pete's sake

Wait.... Who's Pete Sake?

Archived