Bleedin Green

Is it just me, or has this showed turned into complete crap? I now get why it got canceled, this season (especially the second half) has just been beyond awful. Unfortunately having watched so much of it up until now, I feel like I can't just stop watching near the end of the last season. Frankly, I'm just sitting here hoping Jack takes one in the head one of these episodes, it's gotten that bad. Although I guess it doesn't matter, considering after this season Jack will at least be serving multiple life sentences, if not on Death Row, right? At this point he's just a multiple murderer, without any bit of defense for it.

So what does everyone else think? I know a lot of people watch this show, is it just me? I mean, I know it was always kind of ridiculous, but part of what drives me nuts is I still used to really enjoy it anyway, but it's become nearly unwatchable for me lately.

Is it just me, or has this showed turned into complete crap? I now get why it got canceled, this season (especially the second half) has just been beyond awful. Unfortunately having watched so much of it up until now, I feel like I can't just stop watching near the end of the last season. Frankly, I'm just sitting here hoping Jack takes one in the head one of these episodes, it's gotten that bad. Although I guess it doesn't matter, considering after this season Jack will at least be serving multiple life sentences, if not on Death Row, right? At this point he's just a multiple murderer, without any bit of defense for it.

So what does everyone else think? I know a lot of people watch this show, is it just me? I mean, I know it was always kind of ridiculous, but part of what drives me nuts is I still used to really enjoy it anyway, but it's become nearly unwatchable for me lately.

Turned?

My husband watches it and I usually reserve that time to work.. so all I notice is raspy yelling. Constantly.

And am I the only one who thinks Jack Bauer sounds like a homo?

Funny how opinions can differ so strongly. I was HATING this final season up until about four weeks ago. I was wishing it would end sooner but couldn't not watch having sat through the first 7+ seasons.

I got in to it a bit more a few weeks ago when Jack showed up to "save the day" and was late. That was the first time in forever that something happened that actually surprised me which stirred my interest a bit again. It's not as good as some past seasons but not as bad as others. Keep in mind, I've not seen the past two weeks. I'll be watching those tonight.

Funny how opinions can differ so strongly. I was HATING this final season up until about four weeks ago. I was wishing it would end sooner but couldn't not watch having sat through the first 7+ seasons.

I got in to it a bit more a few weeks ago when Jack showed up to "save the day" and was late. That was the first time in forever that something happened that actually surprised me which stirred my interest a bit again. It's not as good as some past seasons but not as bad as others. Keep in mind, I've not seen the past two weeks. I'll be watching those tonight.

I agree it got a bit better the last few weeks but this show has run it's course and it is time to let it go. They are supposed to leave it open in the end to set up a movie but I have a bad feeling about that. 24 was by no means classic television but to me it was a fun show to watch despite the ridiculous plots.

That is actually one of the very few things that they've done this season that I thought wasn't poorly recycled crap.

I swear whatever moron on that writing team said in a meeting "hey, you know what we should do this season? We should have a mole in CTU!" should be punched in the face repeatedly. It feels like recently the writing has went from the kind of ridiculous that it always was to just blatantly lazy. "Hey, Jack's a mass-murderer now but it's ok because he's Jack and for the 8th time in this show's history the girl he was in love with got killed."

I actually think the show does great considering the limitations. I can't not watch it every week, having Hassan and Renee killed off in back to back episodes was a very good twist. It's never going to be the most believable show anyways so you might as well just roll with it.

You can pretty much apply this to every TV Series, minus a few sitcoms.

Season 1: Wow this is awesome, can't wait for next season.

Season 2: This is my favorite series of all time!

Season 3: Pretty good, but not as good as the first 2 seasons.

Season 4: WTF! Why?

Season 5: Oh this is a little more like it but somethings missing.

Season 6: Okay, I'm only watching because I can't give up now. Give me some closure and lets call it a day

Definitely applies to Entourages, Weeds, Californication - HBO/Showtime shows. Don't watch much network stuff, so...

That is actually one of the very few things that they've done this season that I thought wasn't poorly recycled crap.

I swear whatever moron on that writing team said in a meeting "hey, you know what we should do this season? We should have a mole in CTU!" should be punched in the face repeatedly. It feels like recently the writing has went from the kind of ridiculous that it always was to just blatantly lazy. "Hey, Jack's a mass-murderer now but it's ok because he's Jack and for the 8th time in this show's history the girl he was in love with got killed."

That is the biggest reason why they are canceling the show. Editors and writers acknowledged that they're out of ideas and decided it would be best to end the show on their own terms as opposed to having FOX cancel it for them after ratings and views plummeted further after another season.

Something tells me Jack is going to get killed at the end of this season though. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he was killed on the last hour of the show...

I know there is discussion about making a Jack Bauer or 24 movie taking place overseas...But they could always make that movie a flashback or a prequel that took place prior to season 1.... Maybe film the operation that was mentioned in season 1 when Bauer had to kill a target, but ended up killing the target's family instead...

Watched the two most recent episodes last night and...well....meh. I'm ready for it to end already. I thought at one point perhaps the movie will be Jack in Russia looking for the people who killed Renee. Or maybe Kim and the grandkid get taken hostage (Imagine that, Kim taken hostage) by the Russians and Jack has to find them.

Like I said...I'm just ready for it to end.

Archived