Why I'll Take Pedroia on My Team Any Day

CrazyCarl40

"Everybody can be [expletive] happy when you're [expletive] 30-1, but what is everybody going to do when we're 12-14? Are you going to show up to work the next day and write an [expletive] story? Hell no. You're going to write the best story of your life. We're going to try and play the best [expletive] game of our life tomorrow. That's what you've got to do when you're 12-14. Don't put your head down and mope. Grind it out. You believe. That's what we're built on." - Dustin Pedroia

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Everybody can be [expletive] happy when you're [expletive] 30-1, but what is everybody going to do when we're 12-14? Are you going to show up to work the next day and write an [expletive] story? Hell no. You're going to write the best story of your life. We're going to try and play the best [expletive] game of our life tomorrow. That's what you've got to do when you're 12-14. Don't put your head down and mope. Grind it out. You believe. That's what we're built on." - Dustin Pedroia

You take him on your team because you're a Sox fan...just like any Yankees fan would take Cano.

4 hater-riffic responses. Some Yankees fans used to let real recognize real. One championship and you go back to being haters.

He's a good player, just no Cano. Keep in mind your supposed "hate" in this thread can't be mutually exclusive--it's offset by our love for Cano.

Cano = more talented baseball player. The end.

Pedroia - more successful ball player. Talent can only take you so far.

Cano is a great hitter, a capable fielder when he wants to be, and he's got speed on the basepaths. He doesn't have the intangibles or leadership Pedroia has.

Cano is a great hitter, a capable fielder when he wants to be, and he's got speed on the basepaths. He doesn't have the intangibles or leadership Pedroia has.

So what? He's still the better player.

4 hater-riffic responses. Some Yankees fans used to let real recognize real. One championship and you go back to being haters.

he's a good player....top 5 second baseman in the league for sure (league meaning MLB)

one of THE worst MVP selections ever (maybe not as bad as Joe Gordon but it is in the top 5 of worst MVP selections)

122 OPS+? i can understand why Ichiro got his MVP with a 126 OPS+ because of his 242 hits, .350 average and 50 SB...plus the fact his team won like 500 games that year.

as much as i hate to say it, Youk should have won that year. why the voters had hard-on's for Pedroia and Morneau is beyond me.

more successful??

both players have a ring

cano: .309/.341/.488, 96 HR, 415 RBI, 116 OPS+

pedroia:.306/367/.460, 49 HR, 233 RBI, 112 OPS+

cano's played a year longer mind you, but everything looks pretty even if you ask me.

Pedroia had that "MVP" trophy to help hype him up...but Marty "Slats" Marion also has an MVP to his name as well.

and the "talent can only take you so far" thing WORKS again PEdroia because he is way too small to be a long term solid 2nd basemen. enjoy him in his prime.

What did you expect ?

Whoa...what does that mean? Hater responses? When he was referring to my post in that first four responses, how is mine hate or any of the others? I was speaking the truth. He picked Pedroia because he's a Sox fan and I said any Yankees fan would pick Cano...that's hate?

Then Carl has to go put in his little zinger about 1 championship in his repsonse. Well Carl, have you got a "core four" on your team? We do...they have 5 rings...count 'em...5

Then Carl has to go put in his little zinger about 1 championship in his repsonse. Well Carl, have you got a "core four" on your team? We do...they have 5 rings...count 'em...5

And the best player on that championship Sox team and best player in franchise history other than Ted Williams, they couldnt wait to run out of town....because he wasnt "gritty."

Tht's all well and good, but you guys were quite humbled there for a stretch. That's all I meant.

Not really. 2001 to 2008 was not worse than 1982 to 1994. I mean we missed the postseason once in the last 15 years. From 82-94 we didn't make it once - huge difference.

• 1 month later...

2010 Stats Lil' Dusty

G AB R H HR RBI BB KO SB BA

60 247 36 62 8 29 29 30 4 0.2510

2010 Stats Robbie Cano

60 237 45 89 12 46 17 30 2 0.3755

You keep your little guy

2010 Stats Lil' Dusty

60 247 36 62 8 29 29 30 4 0.2510

2010 Stats Robbie Cano

60 237 45 89 12 46 17 30 2 0.3755

You keep your little guy

I will. Cano is having a better season. Pedroia has had a better career.

Archived