Patriots dissapoint local middle school

jetscanes331

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x289798764/Patriot-no-shows-disappoint-Lebanon-students-in-NFL-sponsored-fitness-program

Patriot no-shows disappoint Lebanon students in NFL-sponsored fitness program

b?P=d45afc32-592b-11df-add0-eb9eac873e78&T=19did2hom%2fX%3d1273163062%2fE%3d2022775850%2fR%3dncnws%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d8.1%2fW%3d0%2fY%3dPARTNER_US%2fF%3d4043076936%2fH%3dYWx0c3BpZD0iOTY3MjgzMTUxIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJkNDVhZmMzMi01OTJiLTExZGYtYWRkMC1lYjllYWM4NzNlNzgiIHNpdGVJZD0iMzA5MjA1MSIgdFN0bXA9IjEyNzMxNjMwNjI1NTk4NTUiIHRhcmdldD0iX2JsYW5rIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d22558862&U=128ik1uke%2fN%3dvIWUFEwNiZ8-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d5

By Paul Petrone

For The Norwich Bulletin

Posted May 04, 2010 @ 11:59 PM

Last update May 05, 2010 @ 09:19 PM

A sense of disappointment filled the air Tuesday as Lebanon Middle School students exercised through a gym session that participants thought would feature prominent professional athletes.

The event was held to reward students who participated in the NFL-sponsored Fuel up to Play 60 program. In exchange for their school’s high participation rate — more than 50 percent of the students signed on to the program — they were promised the chance to meet New England Patriots football players, as well as the opportunity to challenge a set of exercise stations.

What they got was an intern and some workout videos.

“I don’t think I am going to do it again next year,” said Alyssa Fabry, a health and physical education teacher. “They built it up quite a bit and really did not come through.”

The Fuel up to Play 60 website stated if enough students participated in the program, they would be rewarded with a gym session complete with New England Patriots, said Fabry. The students ended up with one of the highest participation rates in the state.

Instead, the hour featured a registered dietitian giving them tips on healthy eating and a communications intern from the New England Patriots playing kickboxing workout videos.

“The event was fun,” said seventh-grader Tom Bergamo, who won a (Patriot’s running back) Fred Taylor jersey for being the most dedicated student to the program. “But I was hoping to see a Patriot. I even brought pens and notebooks so I could get autographs.”

“We try to get some players out, but, in the summer, it’s hard because they’re off,” said Tim McMaster, the New England Patriots’ communication intern.

The Fuel up to Play 60 initiative is sponsored by the National Football League and U.S. Department of Agriculture. It encourages children to get one hour of exercise each day while eating healthy.

At Lebanon Middle, students were told to input their daily exercise and daily food intake into the program’s website.

Once the school was selected as one of the Connecticut towns to receive a gym session, anticipation rose. An announcement was made to students that the New England Patriots would be coming, and visions of meeting Tom Brady began running through their heads, said Bergamo.

The event was not a total failure, however, as students did enjoy the exercise videos. Many were also given Fuel up to Play 60 T-shirts and apparel, and the school was given a Fuel up to Play 60 portable drink holder.

“I thought it was fun,” student Levi Duharme said. “I like the videos; they were cool.”

If Mumbles had shown up, he would just have stolen something, anyway. Maybe slept with somebody's wife.

LOL. Different article on the same subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Patriots-disappoint-some-wide-eyed-youngsters?urn=nfl,239155

I especially like the last line " If they were just going to send a random intern and some videos, I'd have at least demanded to see the video of the Rams practice before Super Bowl XXXVI."

“We try to get some players out, but, in the summer, it’s hard because they’re off,” said Tim McMaster, the New England Patriots’ communication intern.

Probably true-but then why make the commitment?

And way to go-send some young intern, (are they even paid?), out to make the embarrassing excuses.

If the Pats had any balls they'd somebody out on a Monday during the season to make up for it. Lebanon is only about 90 minutes from Boston.

it was big news up here.. the "Fuel UP" people said it wasnt the pats fault.. it was a miscommunication...

well they knew enough to send an intern..

OY!

So what you're saying is the patriots "misinterpreted" the program much like their scumbag coach "misinterpreted" the rules?

Seems to be a continuing problem in Foxboro.

You folks are in for a reality check.

Oh, and the Jets are not going 15 - 1. Lets clear that crack induced BS up right here and now.

Agreed. I look at their schedule and can't see anyone on there beating them either.:cheers:

So what you're saying is the patriots "misinterpreted" the program much like their scumbag coach "misinterpreted" the rules?

Seems to be a continuing problem in Foxboro.

It's the water that causes it. :biggrin:

If it were the Jets, you bet your ass Sanchez would probably be there along with some other top tier stars on our team. You'd never see Brady show up to an event like this with his supermodel girlfriend or wife or whatever. He's too good. So is Bellicheck, who's obviously the best coach ever. **** them.

If it were the Jets, you bet your ass Sanchez would probably be there along with some other top tier stars on our team. You'd never see Brady show up to an event like this with his supermodel girlfriend or wife or whatever. He's too good. So is Bellicheck, who's obviously the best coach ever. **** them.

That's because Brady and his super model girlfriends are all walking around NYC wearing their Yankee hats.

1 plate of FAIL for LS Dylan.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1135100

And it is good to see Jet Nation in regular season jealousy mode. At no time did the Patriots say they would be at the event.

1 plate of FAIL for LS Dylan.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1135100

And it is good to see Jet Nation in regular season jealousy mode. At no time did the Patriots say they would be at the event.

Oh wow it's ****ing Thanksgiving. Glad to see they care. This was an average day in May.

Who the hell is jealous of the Patriots? Seriously? Giselle is ugly (in my opinion- thought this way before she went out with Brady) and I would not want to be a Patriot fan for anything in the world.

Oh wow it's ****ing Thanksgiving. Glad to see they care. This was an average day in May.

Who the hell is jealous of the Patriots? Seriously? Giselle is ugly (in my opinion- thought this way before she went out with Brady) and I would not want to be a Patriot fan for anything in the world.

Damn, you're right. She is nothing special without the pro makeup. Turns out he could have done better.

b7de5ecad0_ltpBradyGoodwill112608.jpg

I know what? I'm sick of these fairweather, classless, cheating Patriot windbags. Half of their entire fan base is bandwagon pasty dyckriders. No one knew what a Patriot was before 2000.

Jets fans are real football fans, you know the ones who back and support their club through thick and thin, through the misery and good times and worst of all these pasty fans lie through their teeth about how long they've been loyal to their team. I remember the Pats getting beat at home during a playoff game and by the 4th Q their stadium was *****in empty.

Their fan base and organization are scum and we are reminded every year just how douchy, their fans and org is. Every year they do something so completely douchy it's pathetic.

Go drown yourself Pat lovers!

Damn, you're right. She is nothing special without the pro makeup. Turns out he could have done better.

I'm sorry the broad is *****in ugly. Just because she's some bulimic runway model doesn't mean she's hot! most of them are ugly and skinny and in dire need of a steak.

tom-brady-yankees-hat-man-purse.jpg

Quarterbacks don't carry purses.

I'm sorry the broad is *****in ugly. Just because she's some bulimic runway model doesn't mean she's hot! most of them are ugly and skinny and in dire need of a steak.

tom-brady-yankees-hat-man-purse.jpg

Quarterbacks don't carry purses.

Ok so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks she's ugly. In my opinion, the girl he had the kid with is the better looking of the two. He's such a dork.

Archived