Kids get in trouble for wearing American flag T-shirts to school on Cinco de Mayo

Green DNA

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they are in session in mexico, germany, italy, africa,,...

u think those countries schools would say 'no wearing our national colors today cause we have some american students attending here'

:rl: Great point

they are in session in mexico, germany, italy, africa,,...

u think those countries schools would say 'no wearing our national colors today cause we have some american students attending here'

Honestly, no. America is way too PC, and those countries don't even recognize memorial day and 4th of July. I could be wrong though.

20100506_014347_cinco_flag3640_GALLERY.jpg

Pics of the kids.

they weren't violating any school policies so

this story lacks context

we dont know if this really was just 1 random situation... or just another chapter in a long series of disruptive events between children...if we take the event out of context it sounds like PC run amok. and that's a possibility... but something tells me if you or I were a teacher at that school, trying to maintain order, we'd have a different perspective entirely.

the number of americans who died for that flag should be enough reason to be able to wear those shirts wherever and whenever anyone wants. even if they were doing it to prove a point.

I dont see any connection to Vietnam, walter

this story lacks context

we dont know if this really was just 1 random situation... or just another chapter in a long series of disruptive events between children...if we take the event out of context it sounds like PC run amok. and that's a possibility... but something tells me if you or I were a teacher at that school, trying to maintain order, we'd have a different perspective entirely.

I live in California. There is no need to search out some reason to blame the five kids. This is how the Mexicans are here.

i feel like there's some aspect of the incident not being told... for example why would all these kids show up wearing american flags on their chests all on the same day? how is everyone wearing the same thing "an expression of individuality?"

the article makes it out like joey schoolboy happened to have a USA shirt as part of his rotation and he just happened to wear it on May 5 and got in trouble.

more likely this was a "counter-protest" and designed to cause a reaction. School is like Jetnation it's not really a place for political activism.

the irony here of course is that Cinco De Mayo is essentially a meaningless day for most Mexicans in Mexico. It's the anniversary of the battle of pueblo... there were many battles in the mexican revolution. only in America is it a holiday.

I don't give a **** what they did. If all they did was wear shirts this is bull****.

20100506_014347_cinco_flag3640_GALLERY.jpg

Pics of the kids.

Couple things...

- Why do these kids look more mexican than the mexicans I know?

- Nothing says patriotism like cutoff Zubaz.

- When the entrance to your school is surrounded by an 8 foot gate with more warning signs then an electric plant I'm sure the faculty was simply trying to prevent a riot.

How can a middle finger possibly offend you? Context.

This is one of those situations the school probably should have ignored, because the ramifications are what made it an issue, not the shirts or the act of wearing them... But to act like those kids where simply just expressing patriotism is pretty ignorant.

I don't see anyone pretending that the kids were just being patriotic, but perhaps their sense of having to defend their country to those that would $hit all over it does have a vein of patriotism running through it. Assuming that America or the Americans are always wrong is actually pretty ignorant. Who kows what transpired at that school prior to this event. If tensions are high, then don't allow the Mexican students to have any kind of Cinco de Mayo celebration as that is just as antagonistic as wearing a t-shirt

I have no doubt that these kids did this to be controversial, if not provacative. I am highly suspicious that they all happened to get patriotic on Cinco de Mayo. That being said, whatever their motivations were, how PC has this country become that wearing the American flag is offensive to ANYONE in this country on ANY friggin day???

Now if it was MLK day and they wore T-Shirts with a picture of the KKK Grand Wizard? Or a Hitler T-Shirt on a Jewish holiday? Yeah. That's extremely offensive. Reprimand them in a microsecond. Severely.

But the American flag??? I am offended by anyone who is offended by that.

Who's doing that?

And Pac--I don't know where you're from, but those kids don't look Mexican at all to me. Just saying.

Nobody here, but lot's of people do. When people living in this country can get outraged at the sight of the American flag, the blatant hypocrisy is sickening. You want to live here, but you hate the country, the flag, and maybe the people. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with some of the US policies, that is what this country is built on, especially since 50% of the country disagrees with half of the policies anyway.

Maybe these kids took a lot of crap about the US oppressing poor illegals, even though it is an Arizona issue. Maybe they are just troublemakers, but if you can't wave your flag in your own country, where the hell can you wave it?

Nobody here, but lot's of people do. When people living in this country can get outraged at the sight of the American flag, the blatant hypocrisy is sickening. You want to live here, but you hate the country, the flag, and maybe the people. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with some of the US policies, that is what this country is built on, especially since 50% of the country disagrees with half of the policies anyway.

Maybe these kids took a lot of crap about the US oppressing poor illegals, even though it is an Arizona issue. Maybe they are just troublemakers, but if you can't wave your flag in your own country, where the hell can you wave it?

Haha, I misinterpreted the tone of your original post as accusing EY of assuming that Americans are always wrong. Granted, it didn't make sense, but that's what it sounded like in context. MY bad. I agree with what you say, though...with a caveat. Depending on the context, the school shouldn't have to deal with this. It shouldn't have to be a problem, though.

I don't see anyone pretending that the kids were just being patriotic, but perhaps their sense of having to defend their country to those that would $hit all over it does have a vein of patriotism running through it. Assuming that America or the Americans are always wrong is actually pretty ignorant. Who kows what transpired at that school prior to this event. If tensions are high, then don't allow the Mexican students to have any kind of Cinco de Mayo celebration as that is just as antagonistic as wearing a t-shirt

I'm not saying that American's are always wrong. I'm saying these kids were clearly antagonizing. They have every right to do so, and the school can't mandate 'not being an *******'. Perhaps they get picked on every other day, perhaps they're usually victims, but on this day, they were acting like dickheads, and that's clear.

WTF. Even if they did it to break balls, who the **** cares. Take a look around this is America, I think we should invade Mexico and demand all the Taco's, Chimi Changa's and Dos Equis for retribution.

Considering how much you eat and how said love is just about 100% reliant on the Mexican-American population, if that war ever happened you'd be best off donning a sombrero and a mustache and giving the entire country of Mexico the El Guapo speech from Three Amigos for motivation.

I'm not saying that American's are always wrong. I'm saying these kids were clearly antagonizing. They have every right to do so, and the school can't mandate 'not being an *******'. Perhaps they get picked on every other day, perhaps they're usually victims, but on this day, they were acting like dickheads, and that's clear.

:roll: Spare me the yen.

I have no doubt that these kids did this to be controversial, if not provacative. I am highly suspicious that they all happened to get patriotic on Cinco de Mayo. That being said, whatever their motivations were, how PC has this country become that wearing the American flag is offensive to ANYONE in this country on ANY friggin day???

Now if it was MLK day and they wore T-Shirts with a picture of the KKK Grand Wizard? Or a Hitler T-Shirt on a Jewish holiday? Yeah. That's extremely offensive. Reprimand them in a microsecond. Severely.

But the American flag??? I am offended by anyone who is offended by that.

POTW Nomination. :sign0098:

The boys were told to leave because some mexican students reported being offended by the shirts. Absofekkinglutely SICKENING!

BTW...one of the kids was half white (mom) and half Mexican (dad)

The main point here is that American kids are being told not to wear anything American because it might offend the Mexican kids. This is in California, not Tijuana. there's something seriously wrong here.

Exactly.

Considering how much you eat and how said love is just about 100% reliant on the Mexican-American population, if that war ever happened you'd be best off donning a sombrero and a mustache and giving the entire country of Mexico the El Guapo speech from Three Amigos for motivation.

RJF I know you like making jokes at my expense and I really have no problem with it, but I would prefer you to try and be accurate.

I don't really like Mexican food enough to give speeches. Though these are the foods I would give speeches for:

1. Italian- but this speech would be more of an ow!! when my mom whacks me with the spoon for snatching a meatball out of the gravy before it's time.

2. Sushi- I would thank all of the Japanese people for this wonderful finger food and milldy complain that the pieces should be bigger.

3. Barbecue- I would thank all the southerners for the years of recipes handed down from generation to generation, but would ask nicely if they could stop banging their relatives because I get creeped out when someone hands me a sandwich and they have six fingers.

4. Chicken wings- I would thank the people of Buffalo for this amazing gift and tell them the Bills will be just find this year and end up with a torn rotator cuff trying to put my pudgy arms behind my back to cross my fingers.

5. French Food- I would thank them for their attention to detail but to not get to carried away , after all we are the reason your not speaking German.

God Bless America and each and everyone of you's.

Local School Suspends Student for Removing MEXICAN Flag

Houston, Tx.

Thursday, May 6th

Thursday 05-06-2010 5:17pm CT

Yesterday, a listener’s son was offended that his school, Klein Collins High School, displayed the Mexican flag prominently. His mother called to complain, and the school wouldn’t return her call. The student took the sign down.

The school pitched a fit, reviewed the surveillance tapes, found the student, and suspended him for 3 days. AND he has to pay for the flag. In light of the SF story of students sent home for wearing the AMERICAN flag because it offended the Hispanic students, I thought you’d like to know about a story closer to home.

Right here in our community. Feel free to let the school know what you think. You pay their salaries.

Klein Collins High School (832) 484.5500. Assistant Principal handling the case: Mr. Shelly Dick. Seriously.

Call Mr. Dick and let him have it. The Superintendent is Jim Cain.

You realize, I assume, that if a student removed – or even burned – the AMERICAN flag, they wouldn’t do anything about it, I’ll bet.

:rolleyes:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived