New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Otter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park

May 7, 8, 9

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png 100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Friday

7:10 YES

28638.jpg vs. 4242.jpg

RHP Phil Hughes (3-0, 1.44) RHP Josh Beckett (1-0, 6.31)

Saturday

3:10 FOX

4553.jpg vs. 28855.jpg

LHP CC Sabathia (4-1, 2.74) RHP Clay Buchholz (3-2, 2.97)

Sunday

8:05 ESPN

4153.jpg vs. 28487.jpg

RHP A.J. Burnett (4-0, 1.99) LHP Jon Lester (2-2, 3.93)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sox have been playing well of late. Should be a pretty good series.

Should be a good measure of where the Sox stand. To make a massive understatement the Sox have been inconsistent so far this season.

This may be the lowest rating Sox/Yanks game in Boston in a long time as the Bruins and Celtics play tonight.

For the record

Josh Beckett is a PUNK. He had a complete meltdown tonight and started hitting anything wearing blue

CC was IRATE screaming during the meltdown

Payback is a b1tch, and it hurts even more at 97 MPH

It is pretty obvious Beckett lost all control. Hitting someone with the bases loaded? Really. He had nothing tonight after the 3rd inning.

You know, I tried to give Beckett the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't be stupid enough to hit someone with the bases loaded. But, knowing his personality (at least to a degree), he would be the type to start plucking Yanks once his control started to be out of control thinking he could get away with it.

And if he really had nothing tonight as you state after the 3rd inning, why the hell did Francona leave him in?

You know, I tried to give Beckett the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't be stupid enough to hit someone with the bases loaded. But, knowing his personality (at least to a degree), he would be the type to start plucking Yanks once his control started to be out of control thinking he could get away with it.

And if he really had nothing tonight as you state after the 3rd inning, why the hell did Francona leave him in?

That is how Tito operates. He always has faith in his veterans that they'll work out of trouble or fix what's wrong. Look at his treatment of Papi for example.

That is how Tito operates. He always has faith in his veterans that they'll work out of trouble or fix what's wrong. Look at his treatment of Papi for example.

Tito seems like a good man and one of the few people within the Red Sox organization I can stand....but keeping Beckett in last night was a sketchy move. Sorry - but I do not buy the "faith it vet" things. Now it was obvious that Beckett had nothing after the third inning and it also seems obvious that he had the "I don't give a sheet" attiutude about it - you know, plunking away and all. You're telling me Tito didn't "see" this? Bullsheet.

With Dice "5 and a third" K going the night before, he was probably not trying totally kill his pen. We all know the Yanks work counts and they needed as much out of Becks good or bad..

So much for me predicting a good series...sox r in some deep doo doo. And it isn't like we don't have injuries either.

While I would rather have Jacoby at the top of the line-up then Scutaro, this team is just like last year's.

They are the old saying consistently inconsistent. Some days they cannot field. Other days they cannot hit. ANd other days either ther statring pitching, relief pitchers or closer get knocked around.

While I would rather have Jacoby at the top of the line-up then Scutaro, this team is just like last year's.

They are the old saying consistently inconsistent. Some days they cannot field. Other days they cannot hit. ANd other days either ther statring pitching, relief pitchers or closer get knocked around.

Just good enough to occasionally beat mediocre teams, but can't compete with good teams.

They need some thumpers in the lineup. In the AL East, pitching and defense can only take you so far. When one or both of those falter, you have no chance.

The Redsox are finished!

"For those of you convinced the season is over, remember that the Yankees were five games out of a playoff spot last June 23 and were playing so poorly that general manager Brian Cashman felt compelled to fly to Atlanta in the middle of a road trip to give the team a talking to and assure Joe Girardi he wasn't getting fired." From the Boston Globe.

Sox are far from finished, but it isn't looking all the bright right now either.

Yeah, it's too early to declare the Sox toast. I'm liking the way things are going so far, though.

Thor nailed it. They're just not the same without the formerly big Papi and Manny pounding the ball.

"For those of you convinced the season is over, remember that the Yankees were five games out of a playoff spot last June 23 and were playing so poorly that general manager Brian Cashman felt compelled to fly to Atlanta in the middle of a road trip to give the team a talking to and assure Joe Girardi he wasn't getting fired." From the Boston Globe.

Sox are far from finished, but it isn't looking all the bright right now either.

What does that quote from last year have to do with the fact that the Redsox are 4th in the division and under .500? So much for the so called "best rotation in baseball", you guys are 2nd from last in the AL in ERA and you have no offense to speak of.

Sox are toast, they're not going anywhere this year.

What does that quote from last year have to do with the fact that the Redsox are 4th in the division and under .500? So much for the so called "best rotation in baseball", you guys are 2nd from last in the AL in ERA and you have no offense to speak of.

Sox are toast, they're not going anywhere this year.

You honestly don't get how that quote could apply to the Red Sox? Seriously?

The Red Sox have no offense to speak of? 4th in AL in runs. 2nd in homeruns. 4th in BA. 2nd in OPS. And that is without Ellsbury for a good chunk of time.

But, yeah, no offense to speak of. Clueless much?

When the pitching rights itself, they will improve. Law of averages.

The Red Sox have no offense to speak of? 4th in AL in runs. 2nd in homeruns. 4th in BA. 2nd in OPS. And that is without Ellsbury for a good chunk of time.

You brought up the other day you'd rather have Pedroia then Cano. Would you rather have the Yankees or Sox staff?

You brought up the other day you'd rather have Pedroia then Cano. Would you rather have the Yankees or Sox staff?

Carl with argue youth, which is a decent point -- but break the starters down....

Sabathia > Beckett -- I love Beckett, always have, but lets not fool ourselves by saying he's better

Burnett < Lester -- Yes, Yankee fans...Lesters been lit up quite a bit, and Burnett has looked great, I know

Pettitte > Lackey -- Yes, Sox fans, Pettitte is old...but I'm doing this on a year to year basis

Hughes = Buchholz -- Since everyones split over these two, I'll call it even. I'd slightly take Hughes myself.

Vazquez - Wakefield/Matsuzaka -- I won't dignify any of them by saying they're better

So...essentially, if I could swap out Vazquez for, say, Chamberlain (even in a relief role), I'd take the Yankees. It pains me, but just how I feel right now honestly.

Keep dreaming.

Keep dreaming.

Solid arguing point with good numbers to back it up.

Right now? You take the Yankees rotation because they ar eperforming better right now. Over the course of the next few seasons, I'll take the Sox. The top four are locked up for reasonable money and are around the prime of their careers.

The Sox offense has three guys that can really hurt you,Youkilis, Pedroia and Victor Martinez. And none of those guys is an elite hitter.

The Sox lost a ton when thye let Manny leave. The arent a very intimidating team anymore and I couldnt be happier as a Yankees fan.

The Sox offense has three guys that can really hurt you,Youkilis, Pedroia and Victor Martinez. And none of those guys is an elite hitter.

The Sox lost a ton when thye let Manny leave. The arent a very intimidating team anymore and I couldnt be happier as a Yankees fan.

None of those guys are elite POWER hitters, but I'd argue that Youk and Pedroia are elite hitters.

You keep bringing up Manny and you're dead wrong. The Sox are better off without Manny Ramirez.

None of those guys are elite POWER hitters, but I'd argue that Youk and Pedroia are elite hitters.

You keep bringing up Manny and you're dead wrong. The Sox are better off without Manny Ramirez.

Do you seriously believe that? How many drugs do you do daily?

You are insane.

Do you seriously believe that? How many drugs do you do daily?

I don't use any drugs. And yes I seriously do believe that. He was more of a problem than he was worth at that stage of his career. You saw it when there was no interest in him as a FA or when the Sox put him on irrevocable waivers.

Archived