Sign in to follow this  
Otter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Every local broadcasting team is full of homers. Waldman and Sterling are no exception. They are just as bad, if not worse, than Remy. At least Remy is entertaining.

They are employees of the TEAM, in most cases on not the channel that they broadcast. That makes for a tough conflict of interest when they have to be critical.

McCarver was critical with the Yanks when he was a member of their broadcast team, same as he was with the Mets and Phillies. That has gotten him in trouble.

Yes, very team does have their homers, just some are more blatant than others.

I find Sterling to be entertaining as hell. Waldman is the problem there. John Sterling is so cartoonish you couldn't make him up if you tried. I wish I could get the Yankee radio broadcasts down here just so I could hear him be his buffoonish self.

Remy is an embarrassment to the game of baseball.

This is all part of being a fan. We both find Sterling to be a buffoon, you don't like Remy and I do. It is what it is.

I do miss Jim Kaat, he was awesome.

Yes, very team does have their homers, just some are more blatant than others.

Hawk Harrelson might be the worst of them all. Dewayne Staats is pretty bad in Tampa as well.

Hawk Harrelson might be the worst of them all. Dewayne Staats is pretty bad in Tampa as well.

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR - He is awful.

This is all part of being a fan. We both find Sterling to be a buffoon, you don't like Remy and I do. It is what it is.

I do miss Jim Kaat, he was awesome.

Jim Kaat was the ****ing man!!! And YES doesn't use Ken Singleton and Paul O'Neill enough.

Staats was terrible when he did Yankee games on MSG back in the early 90s as well.

David Cone was my favorite. All he talked about was getting hammered.

My favorite -

Flaherty was talking about some amazing steak dinner he had at some restaurant in KC I think.

Cone steps in and say's I had liquid dinner at about 2am.

FWIW, I've always found McCarver to be an annoying and arrogant ass.

Well, then its pretty fitting why Scott enjoys him so much.

I wish someone would Deion Mccarver again.

Well, then its pretty fitting why Scott enjoys him so much.

I wish someone would Deion Mccarver again.

And your first comment on this board that carries any value, will be your first.

You are either slumming the bottom of the barrel asking an internet board about your girlfriend and her escapades, or you are trolling asking to be reinstated, your intrinsic worth is very little.

And your first comment on this board that carries any value, will be your first.

You are either slumming the bottom of the barrel asking an internet board about your girlfriend and her escapades, or you are trolling asking to be reinstated, your intrinsic worth is very little.

Boy did I strike a chord.

And please explain the reinstated comment. I have no clue what you're referring to.

Edited by Matt39