Cushing suspended for Steriods

Jetsfan1015

I mean that steroids are very, very clearly an issue in the NFL (or should be)...but because they're portrayed as warriors and they equip themselves with pads and helmets the issue just gets brushed to the side publically. The public, being the public, is easily swayed by loud noises and big hits...f'ing idiots (I include myself so no one cry, please).

It just seems so...cheap and dirty...like a hoowah. It's also pure, unadultered bs....I can just picture the very rich, very powerful men who run the NFL laughing their asses to the bank drinking rich people sh*t while the MLB had to grovel before our society's high court over PEDs...as if baseball introduced the idea of steroids to the innocent American landscape.

Now I'm just idiot ranting...could have went further...

I agree with what your saying. I'm not saying what I said was right, it's just my best guess. No one knows for sure.

I mean that steroids are very, very clearly an issue in the NFL (or should be)...but because they're portrayed as warriors and they equip themselves with pads and helmets the issue just gets brushed to the side publically. The public, being the public, is easily swayed by loud noises and big hits...f'ing idiots (I include myself so no one cry, please).

It just seems so...cheap and dirty...like a hoowah. It's also pure, unadultered bs....I can just picture the very rich, very powerful men who run the NFL laughing their asses to the bank drinking rich people sh*t while the MLB had to grovel before our society's high court over PEDs...as if baseball introduced the idea of steroids to the innocent American landscape.

Now I'm just idiot ranting...could have went further...

Finding out the all-time home run king is a juicer mars baseball's constructed self-image as a bulwark against the encroachment of modernity. Since the NFL skipped the middle step and embraced the postmodern, finding out the NFL's DROY is a juicer just reinforces the reality that football isn't much more than a real-life version of 300.

I think the NFL adopted steroid testing a lot sooner than MLB because for a long time the people running baseball thought steroids wouldn't help a player playing their sport. So its bigger in baseball because it went on longer.

Also there is the Bud Selig factor. Everything he touches turns to poop. I refuse to wear anything Burberry makes because I keep seeing Selig wearing their stuff. Most incompetent sporting official I have ever seen.

There is also the whole BALCO thing. Somebody invented a steroid that can't be detected by normal tests and a bunch of SF Giants and Oakland As players took it. I don't remember any football players taking it. They were selling it by word of mouth to keep things quiet. BALCO only got caught because someone they fired got angry and sent a letter to someone explaining how to test for their new steroid.

I just read that they will be having a revote for the AP Rookie DPOY. Jairus Byrd has a good chance of winning, he was second in the voting previously.

Gotta wonder if Sanchez' playoff run will come into play.

Doubt it though.

So Schefter just tweeted this about Cushing. Apparently he's been drinking semen?

Adam_Schefter

Second Tweet

More hCG: it is in seminal fluid and slightly elevated levels can be discovered in the event that a test occurs soon after ejaculation.

First Tweet

Here it is: Brian Cushing tested positive for slightly elevated levels of hCG (a non-steroidal substance produced naturally by the body).

I think the NFL adopted steroid testing a lot sooner than MLB because for a long time the people running baseball thought steroids wouldn't help a player playing their sport. So its bigger in baseball because it went on longer.

Also there is the Bud Selig factor. Everything he touches turns to poop. I refuse to wear anything Burberry makes because I keep seeing Selig wearing their stuff. Most incompetent sporting official I have ever seen.

There is also the whole BALCO thing. Somebody invented a steroid that can't be detected by normal tests and a bunch of SF Giants and Oakland As players took it. I don't remember any football players taking it. They were selling it by word of mouth to keep things quiet. BALCO only got caught because someone they fired got angry and sent a letter to someone explaining how to test for their new steroid.

Its a bigger deal in baseball because the records in baseball are sacrosanct. They mean something. People care about them. If you break a baseball record through cheating people act like you just pissed on their face.

Nobody gives a crap about football records.

Its a bigger deal in baseball because the records in baseball are sacrosanct. They mean something. People care about them. If you break a baseball record through cheating people act like you just pissed on their face.

Nobody gives a crap about football records.

Thats what I said earlier, football records just kind of happen. When its all said and done you can look at a guys stat sheet and marvel at his career milestones. But in baseball, theres so much lead in about players chasing records.

So Schefter just tweeted this about Cushing. Apparently he's been drinking semen?

What Cushing tested positive for is not a steroid.

It is, however, a drug commonly used by steroid takers, to help the body regenerate natural hormones after a steroid cycle, which is when it's generally used.

Checked wikipedia and found this on hcg:

"Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from pregnant women to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment."

LH is Lutenizing Hormone, which does a bunch of things in women and in men it makes your testicles bigger and increases testosterone production.

Just think, if you drink your pregnant wife's urine you'll be king of the office softball league.

Archived