If we get the #1 pick in the draft i want no part of Bicksaw

afosomf

Ferguson as even being considered for pick

there are only 2 viable choices

Leinart - who i view as a lefty Marinovich, was not impressed via ND, and believe he floats the ball too much and i'm sick and tired of seeing a penne floater.

or

Reggie Bush is clearly the best player in college and will be a F'n superstar and is the right choice

for Jets. Speed kills and he fits the bill

I then trade Abe for Rivers straight up, i then draft OL from rds 2-7.

Bricksaw- How many OL who have been drafted that high have been major disapointments

Gallery has been a huge bust so far.

I would also say that O Pace (not a bust) but clearly not worth a top 5 pick.

So you don't want an Orlando Pace/Walter Jones type anchor?

Instead, you want a running back that doesn't look like he'll be an every down back in the NFL, or a quarterback that has proven absolutely nothing except that he's good at holding a clipboard? As for Lineart, forget about it. With the money we are paying Pennington, we can't afford to give top five money to a quarterback. Our most likely option is to try to sign a veteran on the cheap, much like the Cardinals and Browns did this past offseason.

So you don't want an Orlando Pace/Walter Jones type anchor?

Instead, you want a running back that doesn't look like he'll be an every down back in the NFL, or a quarterback that has proven absolutely nothing except that he's good at holding a clipboard? As for Lineart, forget about it. With the money we are paying Pennington, we can't afford to give top five money to a quarterback. Our most likely option is to try to sign a veteran on the cheap, much like the Cardinals and Browns did this past offseason.

Pace's play has not warranted being the top pick in draft and walter jones was also not a #1 overall pick, if we pick 4 and bush and stanton are gone, i would consider Brick

The name is D'Brickashaw and I want him as the anchor of our line for 10 years. Too bad the Texans will be so bad they will take him no matter what, they desperatly need him.

Just like Gallery for raiders, i will call him any name i so desire.

I dont see how the Texans could possibly draft anybody but Dbrickashaw Ferguson.

Anybody know of Dbrick is/was a jets fan? He's from jersey.

I'm not sold on Leinart or anybody in this draft really. Stanton impresses me the most, and if he keeps playing well, I would draft him over any other player.

Reggie Bush is special, but you have to wonder can he carry the load and get 25 carries a game? Houston could always be our 3rd down back.

You're right on 1 thing assmop, we need to draft olineman in each rd 2-7.

Also, grab a big body DT with 1 of our compensational picks from lamont, fergy and KMac. Maybe if Gabe Watson slips to the 2nd rd, we trade up for him.

Pace's play has not warranted being the top pick in draft and walter jones was also not a #1 overall pick, if we pick 4 and bush and stanton are gone, i would consider Brick

Isn't Brick listed as less then 300 lbs?

That's kinda puny for a franchise OLineman.

Riggs or bit, any good inside info on the guy?

Tx, he is smallish for a tackle but his wingspan and frame are huge. He also is very agile and quick. He is not huge but is being called the new mold of offensive lineman. A guy who is strong enough to handle strahan but agile, quick and great reach to handle speed rushers like freeney. I believe this guy will be good but he needs the right coaching. You see fellas who the Jets pick means very little if they can't get some coaches in here that coach and push thier players.

How's China Doll Dillon doing?

Report out of Boston said Dillon could have easily played yesterday.

With the bye week coming up, it was BB's decision to keep him out of the ballgame.

The Pats need him more down the stretch then they did yesterday.

Another great move by BB. :wink:

Tx, he is smallish for a tackle but his wingspan and frame are huge. He also is very agile and quick. He is not huge but is being called the new mold of offensive lineman. A guy who is strong enough to handle strahan but agile, quick and great reach to handle speed rushers like freeney. I believe this guy will be good but he needs the right coaching. You see fellas who the Jets pick means very little if they can't get some coaches in here that coach and push thier players.

sherry,

Really haven't seen the Brick play, but everything I have heard and read say he is the "new generation" OLineman for the reasons that you stated.

Also, when the Colts drafte Freeney, I was adamant that he was too small to play DE in the NFL.

Shows you what I know. :shock:

sherry,

Really haven't seen the Brick play, but everything I have heard and read say he is the "new generation" OLineman for the reasons that you stated.

Also, when the Colts drafte Freeney, I was adamant that he was too small to play DE in the NFL.

Shows you what I know. :shock:

I thought the same thing about Freeney. It is almost as if it has come full circle on this speed rusher thing and teams are begining to develop better athletes at OL in college now.

FIrst off i would just like to say something that maybe you people haven't realized....

Reggie Bush is maybe the most amazing player in COllege football since Barry Sanders.

Some have mentioned they don't know if he can carry a 25 carry a game load. Well to those people I say I'm not even so sure this kid is a RB in the NFL.

This kid looks like a game breaking reciever that could stretch the field. I don't think you draft him and line him up in the backfield exclusively you need to spread this guy around and throw him the ball.

He is a very special reciever and a gifted runner, but I don't know if he is a pure RB. I think this guy is worth the top ranking but I don't think you pick him as someone who is going to be lined up exclusively in the backfield.

Think about the punt returning capabilities also. He is one of the fastest most talented players to come out of college in a very long time.

Wow, that's pretty skimpy for a NFL OLineman.

That would be the equivalent of selecting a QB in the 1st round who has a noodle arm.

Looks like the Jets will make the Brick their #1 pick. :wink:

Mind you, Chad was the third of four first round picks... but let's not let facts get in the way or anything :wink:

I'm in favor of drafting the best player avalible when the Jets pick. Be it Bush, the tackle, the DT from Texas, anyone, as long as it's not a QB.

1) Before the draft that year I said that Freeney was the one guy that would go a hell of alot higher than he was being predicted. He did. I am a guru.

2) If the Jets have the first pick, they need to write the name "Matt Leinart" on the insides of the NEW GM's eyelids and send him to the podium the night before. No f*cking around.

FIrst off i would just like to say something that maybe you people haven't realized....

Reggie Bush is maybe the most amazing player in COllege football since Barry Sanders.

Some have mentioned they don't know if he can carry a 25 carry a game load. Well to those people I say I'm not even so sure this kid is a RB in the NFL.

This kid looks like a game breaking reciever that could stretch the field. I don't think you draft him and line him up in the backfield exclusively you need to spread this guy around and throw him the ball.

He is a very special reciever and a gifted runner, but I don't know if he is a pure RB. I think this guy is worth the top ranking but I don't think you pick him as someone who is going to be lined up exclusively in the backfield.

Think about the punt returning capabilities also. He is one of the fastest most talented players to come out of college in a very long time.

he reminds me of faulk when the rams won the super bowl.

Report out of Boston said Dillon could have easily played yesterday.

With the bye week coming up, it was BB's decision to keep him out of the ballgame.

The Pats need him more down the stretch then they did yesterday.

Another great move by BB. :wink:

But how will he challenge for the NFL rushing title that way!????!??!??

Riggs or bit, any good inside info on the guy?

i like DBrick quite a bit and he's our current #1 overall senior prospect in college football on DD.com

to be honest I don't want to go into it just so afsomf can say im a dumb jackass.

i will say this much it will not be an issue. The Texans are 0-5. The Jets aren't as bad as bipolar Jets fans are thinking right now to get a top 5 pick. Lose on the road in Orchard Park, a place where the franchise has traditionally had trouble and all of a sudden they are the worst team in the league. What if they won? why Jets fans would be polishing Vinny's bust in Canton and the Jets would be super bowl bound again. They will most likely finish in the middle of the pack.

If this team drafts another frickin D-tackle in the 1st rd, I am going to snap off every 1 of my fingers so I cant post here anymore.

If they draft another d-lineman high, I'd tend to agree with you. But hey, if he's the best player, then y'know, gotta take him.

My own personal belief is that you don't draft QB's in the first round. But that's just me.

I watched a few minnesota games this year to watch Maroney play, while he has been GREAT, he reminds me of Steven Jackson. Not very fast, but built strong, a physical runner.

But who caught my eye was Minnesota center Greg Eslinger. He moves very well out there. He'll enter the draft this year, being a senior. I hope he is there for the taking in the 3rd rd or later and we snatch him up.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/gregeslinger/gregeslinger.html

Scott Wright: What NFL center do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?

Greg Eslinger: I really admire Olin Kreutz and Kevin Mawae. I think I compare favorably to Kevin Mawae because he is not oversized.

I'd love to see the track record over the last 20 years of NFL QB's taken in the 1st round versus those taken lower.

I'll bet it is quite surprising.

Off the top of my head, one of the five taken in 99 (or maybe 2000, the year Couch, Smith, McNabb, McNown, and Culpepper) has done good, consistantly, and the class of 2002 (Carr, Ramsey, and Harrington) are just god awful. So, that's one out of seven first round QB's. I wouldn't consider Mike Vick a great QB either. The year Manning was drafted, he and Leaf were two first round QB's that I remember. Pennington, Andre Ware, Trent Dilfer, Heath Shuler... all are either busts or haven't lived up to their draft status.

Off the top of my head, one of the five taken in 99 (or maybe 2000, the year Couch, Smith, McNabb, McNown, and Culpepper) has done good, consistantly, and the class of 2002 (Carr, Ramsey, and Harrington) are just god awful. So, that's one out of seven first round QB's. I wouldn't consider Mike Vick a great QB either. The year Manning was drafted, he and Leaf were two first round QB's that I remember. Pennington, Andre Ware, Trent Dilfer, Heath Shuler... all are either busts or haven't lived up to their draft status.

Aside from Tom Brady, the franchise type QBs in the NFL were all top 1st rd picks (Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, McNabb, Culpepper) and maybe guys like Eli and Roethlisberger can be considered franchise QBs, add in Leftwich to that list possibly.

Then there are guys like Bulger and Brees. But for the most part, franchise QBs are guys you draft in the 1st rd, top 10 picks. At least, the chances are greater.

And I named far more busts than boomers. The chances of getting that 'franchise' QB is alot less than drafting a bust. And, I wouldn't put Byron Leftwich anywhere near a list of franchise QB's. I wouldn't put Culpepper up there either. That and Culpepper was the 12th pick overall, I believe. McNabb was the third pick.

I'd take my chances with a later pick and developing him.

Archived