Who is our starting DE opposite Ellis?

I think Pouha will alternate with DeVito while backing up Jenkins at NT. Pouha was an unsung hero last year. He really came on. He is a perfect fit in Ryan's one gap with his quickness.

792008_Pitoitua_Ropati_Headshot_small.jpg?1210962026RopatiPitoitua DE 6'8"310 Washington State

Definitely heard Rex mention this guy by name. An interesting prospect at the very least. You'd think he'd be able to swat a lot of balls out of the air at 6'8".

Definitely heard Rex mention this guy by name. An interesting prospect at the very least. You'd think he'd be able to swat a lot of balls out of the air at 6'8".

I was thinking the same thing. I was unaware that he was 6'8" and 310 lbs. Those are impressive measurements. The fact that we did not feel the need to address DE in the draft at all and chose to use the #2 pick to replace a 9 time pro bowler instead would lead me to believe that Rex and Pettine like this group of guys. Add Gholston to the mix and we have some hope.

6'8"...... DAMN!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I was unaware that he was 6'8" and 310 lbs. Those are impressive measurements. The fact that we did not feel the need to address DE in the draft at all and chose to use the #2 pick to replace a 9 time pro bowler instead would lead me to believe that Rex and Pettine like this group of guys. Add Gholston to the mix and we have some hope.

6'8"...... DAMN!!!!!!

I believe that as well. They could have re-signed Douglas as well, even in the week after the draft, and still are going with the group we've got.

Not every worthy starter has to be acquired early in the draft or requires megabucks through free agency. Would not even mildly surprise me to see DeVito (and Slauson) starting this year.

DEHeight: 6'5"

Weight: 300 lbs

Years in NFL: 3

College: Texas

Statistics

March 16, 2010 -- The New York Jets have signed free agent defensive end Rodrique Wright. The announcement was made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Wright (DE/6-5/300/Texas/Houston, TX) has started nine-of-13 games, recording 37 tackles, 1.5 sacks and one fumble recovery (all in 2007). He entered the NFL as a seventh-round selection of the Miami Dolphins in 2006. Due to a shoulder injury sustained in college, he spent his entire rookie season on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Wright was inactive for every game in 2008 before seeing action in the postseason against the Baltimore Ravens, where he did not record any statistics. Wright was waived by Miami on Sept. 5, 2009.

IMO if this player remains healthy he has a very decent chcnce of being a DE starter. I also think PITO can play a bit too. De Vito I see as a valuable guy coming off the bench. But he sure plays hard! It is going to be a very interesting battle in camp.

or swat a lot of QB's to the ground

Not only has Ryan mentioned him, but Tannenbaum has mentioned him in two of his pressers. I think the FO is very high on this guy, and he is going to be a major surprise this year.

They also have Wright who could also be a surprise, then again maybe not. I think only the fans think we have no depth at DE. The CS is good to go

if the jets best 3 DL are pouha, ellis and jenks that could be the starting line up... devito, pito and kroul rotate in behind. ghost as a rushing DT on 3rd and long. mick williams psquad. it should be noted kroul got marques douglas #93, so they must have some sort of plans for matt kroul. rod wright gets cut.

Edited by bitonti
if the jets best 3 DL are pouha, ellis and jenks that could be the starting line up... devito, pito and kroul rotate in behind. ghost as a rushing DT on 3rd and long. mick williams psquad. it should be noted kroul got marques douglas #93, so they must have some sort of plans for matt kroul. rod wright gets cut.

Cutting him too? :confused: