Doggin94it

RULES:

Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

Similarly, You may not reveal the name you were provided with, not even a hint in the slightest degree.

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Days will run for 72 hours or until a majority is reached (unvoting after a majority will not count unless I'[m unavailable for religious reasons) - but Day 1 will not have a deadline unless there is a need for it. Night will end in 24 hours or when I receive all night actions – so if you have a night action available but choose not to use it, please PM me to tell me “no Night Action”. The clock will not run on the weekend, so try not to lynch on a Friday :biggrin:

Phase: A phase is either Day or Night (in most cases), where Days usually involved voting for lynches and Nights usually involve submitting night actions, such as Night Kills.

Cycle: A complete Day and Night cycle, like Day 1 and Night 1 together make up a complete cycle. Some powers last for a complete cycle while others only for that particular phase.

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) So be sure of your decision! I'm here to talk it through if you need help. I will keep the Night phases open until deadline unless I receive all potential actions available for that phase, but will close the Day when a majority has been reached even if people have unused Day Actions. If you do not wish to use your action during a particular phase, please send me a PM stating that your intention to not use it so that I can cross you off the list.

Night Actions: These are actions that can only be submitted during the night phase. Most night actions should specifically state that it can only be used each night, but if you have any questions about this, please contact me immediately.

Communication: You are not allowed to communicate about this game to anyone outside this game thread, unless specifically authorized.

Inactivity: There is no official penalty for inactivity; however, any good mafia player knows that the less active the player, the more likely they are to be the next on the chopping block. So do your part to participate, you will not regret it. If you drop off entirely, or need to, let me know and I will try to replace you if at all possible. Some of you I have already spoken with about this, so if you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up, simply notify me and we can work something out.

Dead Player Posts: FORBIDDEN! If your player dies, you get one death reaction post that cannot contain any game information other than an ACK! I DIED!!! GO INNOCENTS or something.

Editing Posts: Absolutely Forbidden. If you want to change something you said, quote yourself and correct it – but this is like high school. Once you post something on the thread, it goes on your permanent record.

Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can paraphrase all you like – or lie about it, of course – but you may not post a “quote” from me in an attempt to prove your bona fides

Invisibility: It is not a requirement, but is to your advantage to use invisible mode.

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Thank you!

Players:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone - finder, lynched day 1

4) Frank Costello

5) Ace Rothstein

6) Nicky Santoro

7) Joe Cabot

8) Tony Montana

9) Marcellus Wallace - healer, killed night 1

10) Henry Hill

11) Jimmy Conway

12) Tommy Devito

13) Vito Corleone

14) Michael Corleone

15) Fredo Corleone

16) Virgil Sollozzo

17) Sonny LoSpecchio

18) Carlito Brigante

19) Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone

20) John Rooney

Reminder - the mafia will win when they equal/outnumber the remaining players OR when the Avatar dies

Have at it, boys (and girls)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in.

I guess Al just wanted to make sure we had something to discuss for day 1 rather than just gay jokes? Don't worry Al, we can multitask! Alts or no alts we can make gay jokes AND find it odd you're martyring yourself 11 posts into the game

Yeah, we should definitely follow this great strategy. So he will definitely be one of the players who has been voted for on day 1? That could narrow it down. Also lets have someone put a vote on him even if he doesn't do anything suspicious. Just out of the blue. That won't stand out at all. Absolute genius. We would really be lost without you.

Day one votes tend to be random anyways.

First time I read it this morning Ididn't like it. It has some very interesting components; Fishing for town reaction, the proverbial OOP's I did it now I'll be night killed, and the what's best for the town angle.

Whats best for the town is to hunt for the scum and just leave the other aspect of the game to the numbers at the moment. Our numbers are the best protection right now. Nobody needs to talk about their interactions or how they will interact with the Avatar.

vote: Al Capone

Exactly. Keeping the Avatar hidden is the No. 1 priority and killing scum the 2nd. Anything that risks outing the Avatar is dangerous. And talking vote patterns before anyone votes as if telegraphing strategy makes no sense.

Vote: Al Capone

Checking in.

I guess Al just wanted to make sure we had something to discuss for day 1 rather than just gay jokes? Don't worry Al, we can multitask! Alts or no alts we can make gay jokes AND find it odd you're martyring yourself 11 posts into the game

And I guess youz like to stick in up Al's azz when he ain't lookin'?

Archived