Doggin94it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The funny thing about Al's defense, or lack thereof, is that it's just lame enough to be true. If he was mafia who made a boneheaded post then his cohorts would have suggested a better defense then "I didn't read the sign up thread".

When you couple that with the light speed with which he accumulated votes something doesn't feel right. I'm not that comfortable voting there right now. That said... if we start spinning our wheels I'll throw a vote there on principal.

In the meantime I'll stick with Cabot for his silly theatrics earlier. That looks to me like someone trying awfully hard to play nice with everyone.

And this looks awfully like a CYOA post.

You give a subtle defense of Capone, which could have the intented effect of preventing others from putting the final 3 votes, while making people believe that you're willing to for him, which would give you an alibi if he's lynched and came up scum.

"Hey, I was willing to vote for him too!"

Plus, you stick by a vote on Cabot that is based on Cabot being a smart ass in destroying the foundation of Capone's argument.

In other words, in your little post above you made 2 subtle defenses of Capone while also implicitly distancing yourself from him.

You give a subtle defense of Capone, which could have the intented effect of preventing others from putting the final 3 votes, while making people believe that you're willing to for him, which would give you an alibi if he's lynched and came up scum.

Plus, you stick by a vote on Cabot that is based on Cabot being a smart ass in destroying the foundation of Capone's argument.

In other words, in your little post above you made 2 subtle defenses of Capone while also implicitly distancing yourself from him.

Spare me the drugstore psychoanalysis.

I'm doing what I hope everyone will do - share their thoughts on what's transpired. Would you rather I keep my thoughts to myself? That's not exactly in the spirit of the game... especially when I'm trying to figure things out.

The funny thing about Al's defense, or lack thereof, is that it's just lame enough to be true. If he was mafia who made a boneheaded post then his cohorts would have suggested a better defense then "I didn't read the sign up thread".

When you couple that with the light speed with which he accumulated votes something doesn't feel right. I'm not that comfortable voting there right now. That said... if we start spinning our wheels I'll throw a vote there on principal.

In the meantime I'll stick with Cabot for his silly theatrics earlier. That looks to me like someone trying awfully hard to play nice with everyone.

The problem with this is that you are making it okay to run a lynch up on a player, then bring it back down, which is really bad for the town.

I'm doing what I hope everyone will do - share their thoughts on what's transpired. Would you rather I keep my thoughts to myself? That's not exactly in the spirit of the game... especially when I'm trying to figure things out.

No, of course I don't want you to keep your thoughts to yourself. Do you want me to do that? LOL.

Capone is at L-3 and in a single post you make 2 defenses of him while also giving yourself an out.

You attack the basis for voting for Capone while also voting for the guy who was at the forefront of attacking Capone. The text is there with no need for drugstore psychoanalysis.

Might not be a bad idea.

The problem with this is that you are making it okay to run a lynch up on a player, then bring it back down, which is really bad for the town.

I'm not making it ok for anything. I'm simply sharing my thoughts about what I've seen. If you choose to think what I've said has merit then so be it. If not that's fine too.

You mean the spam? It was like 10% humor, 90% ghey. How is that playing nice?

But not unusual for this game, is it? Everybody is used to running the lynch up to L2 and then waiting for the inevitable reveal. But we know that won't work this time.

Al is at 8 votes right now. If we go ahead and lynch him, we should learn something about the mafia.

If he is not mafia, it is likely that the list of the people that have voted up to this point are not mafia.

If he is mafia, then it would make sense that a couple of voters on the list are as well. It would also point to the two others.

Huh?

This is so convenient for you. You voted him, he's probably not mafia because lets face it, how often do we get mafia on the first day because of one post? So you are saying because you voted him and he's probably town, that you and nobody else that voted for him when he's town are not mafia??? O.K. That would be pretty sweet set up for the scum team if we followed this logic.

This post bothers me in all sorts of way. How can you possibly think its that simple?

Vote Count

Al Capone (9) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney

Joe Cabot (3) - Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil Sollozo

With 20 alive, 11 to lynch

^^^ That means I'm on page 13 with 121 posts.

As to what has transpired, what Capone suggested was either reckless, stupid, or scummy. Cabot was simply annoying (by effective in demonstrating the absurdity of Capone's point), so my vote is good where it stands.

Exactly the way I see it. Capones quote and lack of defense is as close to a day one lock your going to get. Cabot's post was silly and playful, other than to create competing trains the attention he's getting is interesting.

Huh?

This is so convenient for you. You voted him, he's probably not mafia because lets face it, how often do we get mafia on the first day because of one post? So you are saying because you voted him and he's probably town, that you and nobody else that voted for him when he's town are not mafia??? O.K. That would be pretty sweet set up for the scum team if we followed this logic.

This post bothers me in all sorts of way. How can you possibly think its that simple?

Not often but it's not just the post. His defense was basically a statement that none of us thought of what he thought of. Not really that bad, except that exact thing was covered in the sign up thread over and over again. Maybe he missed it? Not buying it.

Huh?

We can't overlook the fact that scum have got themselves in trouble early in games and some have wiggled themselves out and others haven't.

DPR did it last game, but didn't survive past day 2. Crusher did as well, but managed to wiggle out. Prior to that there was Lefty in the first alts game and he wiggled himself out to survive till later. Then there was Ragu who got himself lynched day 1.

Reckless, misguided posts by scum early have gotten scum in trouble early. So we can't just sweep away Capone's post as plain stupidity. He can be stupid and scum. He could be scum who tried to misguid and it backfired. Or he could be stupid.

The bottom line is that if Capone is scum, what happened is not unique in this game. Other scum have fell victim to it as well.

I've read very little from Mr.Capone in terms of an honest explanation as to why he felt his method was protown. It is suspect and at this point in the early stages of the gam it is the best I believe we will get.

Vote: Al Capone

Okay, so Rooney's second post puts Capone at L-2. Doggin's promised that this won't be a vanilla game, so I'm slightly concerned that we may have a double/invisible voter amongst us. I hope we hold up here and wait for Capone's dramatic reveal.

Meanwhile...

Checking in

That was the first post in the thread, and we haven't heard from Marcellus since. So while we're waiting...

Vote: Marcellus.

I'd like to hear more of his fascinating insight.

That was the first post in the thread, and we haven't heard from Marcellus since. So while we're waiting...

So you're saying that idiot "Pac" has more posts than him?

Huh?

How can you not? Without spelling it out for you, I'll just agree with Snaps point and leave it for others to decide on.

Vote Count

Al Capone (10) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio

Joe Cabot (2) - Frank Costello, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Ace Rothstein

With 20 alive, 11 to lynch

At L-3 you weren't comfortable voting for him. Twelve hours later you're happy to put him at L-1?

I was reading that as the opposite, Snaps. Sounds to me like Sonny knows Al will flip town and the subtle defense will clear him with a simple "I didn't think he was mafia - that's why I didn't vote for him". But by allowing the possibility of placing the vote on to blend in with the rest of the town, he effectively hides himself and looks like the good guy if Al is town.

FOS: Sonny

Hey guys heads up I'm heading out for work and won't be back on til later this evening.

Really surprised how easily Al got to L-1 on day 1. Obviously I didn't like that initial post but are we really putting someone at L-1 on the 2nd real day of game play when they have all of 5 posts? That's the only reason I'm not hammering here though, I don't trust that its that easy and I'm still struggling with the possibility that someone in this game slipped up in their first post of the game

At L-3 you weren't comfortable voting for him. Twelve hours later you're happy to put him at L-1?

As I said in that post I wasn't comfortable voting for him but if we spin our wheels, or in this case, he disappears - I would.

I didn't hammer him I put him at L1... I'm trying to make sure he understands he needs to come up with something better than "I didn't read the sign up thread"... and fast.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with this crowd.

Not often but it's not just the post. His defense was basically a statement that none of us thought of what he thought of. Not really that bad, except that exact thing was covered in the sign up thread over and over again. Maybe he missed it? Not buying it.

We can't overlook the fact that scum have got themselves in trouble early in games and some have wiggled themselves out and others haven't.

DPR did it last game, but didn't survive past day 2. Crusher did as well, but managed to wiggle out. Prior to that there was Lefty in the first alts game and he wiggled himself out to survive till later. Then there was Ragu who got himself lynched day 1.

Reckless, misguided posts by scum early have gotten scum in trouble early. So we can't just sweep away Capone's post as plain stupidity. He can be stupid and scum. He could be scum who tried to misguid and it backfired. Or he could be stupid.

The bottom line is that if Capone is scum, what happened is not unique in this game. Other scum have fell victim to it as well.

I wasnt saying we shouldnt discount his play...dont know why my post gave that impression.

How can you not? Without spelling it out for you, I'll just agree with Snaps point and leave it for others to decide on.

I think I misunderstood you...its sound logic, but I'm just never one to believe anything is that cut and dry with this game. Scum can be opportunistic or they can try to distance, there is a ton of ways to play the game. Personally, I'm not putting in a ton of stock on day 1 voting as it pertains to alignment.

This is a weird game for us. Usually D1's last a long time, and with the alts even longer. First real time day of the game, and Al Capone has twice as many votes as posts. I feel like we're stuck here again. His defense was completely useless. Are we waiting for him to say more? Do we want a lynch this quickly?

I agree that he's the scummiest thing we have going, but I'm just leery about lynching this quickly.

Okay, so Rooney's second post puts Capone at L-2. Doggin's promised that this won't be a vanilla game, so I'm slightly concerned that we may have a double/invisible voter amongst us. I hope we hold up here and wait for Capone's dramatic reveal.

Meanwhile...

Ace you dont want to vote for Al but you vote for Marcellus ? Im not sure why you would be concerned of an invisible voter when at this point in the game there is no evidence of that at all so why bring it up ? Not following your logic here.

I wasnt saying we shouldnt discount his play...dont know why my post gave that impression.

I think I misunderstood you...its sound logic, but I'm just never one to believe anything is that cut and dry with this game. Scum can be opportunistic or they can try to distance, there is a ton of ways to play the game. Personally, I'm not putting in a ton of stock on day 1 voting as it pertains to alignment.

I don't think anyone is putting a ton of stock into a day 1 lynch. But if Al is town, then we get the info I described earlier and the rest of the town will be more careful about making stupid comments. In this game, that alone could save us.

It will be interesting to see what his reveal is.

Ace you dont want to vote for Al but you vote for Marcellus ? Im not sure why you would be concerned of an invisible voter when at this point in the game there is no evidence of that at all so why bring it up ? Not following your logic here.

The only reason I can think of is that it happened last game, so it's still fresh on his mind. However, last game everyone had a role as well.

I wasn't ready to put Al at L-2, let alone L-1. I want to hear from him - and a lot of other players. The game's a little frustrating to me right now. Half the people signed up have 5 or fewer posts, including the guy who's a single vote away from getting lynched. So rather than sitting on my hands waiting for his return, I figured I'd nudge the guy lying the lowest.

Given the history of games played here in the past, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of our scum team resided in that bottom half of players not contributing.

I don't think anyone is putting a ton of stock into a day 1 lynch. But if Al is town, then we get the info I described earlier and the rest of the town will be more careful about making stupid comments. In this game, that alone could save us.

It will be interesting to see what his reveal is.

This is a way bigger issue in this game than any other. In this game we have the potential of one careless post putting the game in jeopardy. In most games the worst thing that could happen is you lose a town power roll. In this game a single successful night kill ends the game. I know theirs other things in the way and it's not that simple, but this setup lends itself to the town playing very carefully.

The only reason I can think of is that it happened last game, so it's still fresh on his mind. However, last game everyone had a role as well.

I missed the double/invisible vote reference. Thanks.

As I mentioned in the post quoted, Doggin promised that this would not be a vanilla game, so I wouldn't discount any potential role. As I also said, that concern was "slight." I just didn't want to see Capone lynched before he has a chance to make his last play. I see no point to having him at L-1 right now.

Archived