Doggin94it

I just didn't want to see Capone lynched before he has a chance to make his last play. I see no point to having him at L-1 right now.

Well at some point someone is getting lynched whether it takes 2 days or a week. Al stumbled out of the gates and has since disappeared. I voiced some doubts last night which had zero impact and hasn't brought Al out of hiding. To be honest I'm really not that interested in yet another game where 1 persons absence brings a halt to everything. If he's not ready to participate now then when will he be?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone is putting a ton of stock into a day 1 lynch. But if Al is town, then we get the info I described earlier and the rest of the town will be more careful about making stupid comments. In this game, that alone could save us.

It will be interesting to see what his reveal is.

And what did you describe earlier? That most likely more than 1 person who voted for Al is in fact scum trying to distance themselves...if Al is scum. And if Al is town than everyone who voted for him is town? Sounds like a pretty big assumption with little merit. I'm voting for Al because of his first post and poor explanation. Most people are probably doing the same. Other than that, as always with first day it's a guess with hopefully a little bit of luck. FOS: Fredo

Well at some point someone is getting lynched whether it takes 2 days or a week. Al stumbled out of the gates and has since disappeared. I voiced some doubts last night which had zero impact and hasn't brought Al out of hiding. To be honest I'm really not that interested in yet another game where 1 persons absence brings a halt to everything. If he's not ready to participate now then when will he be?

I get that, I really do. hould show up again this afternoon, I hope.

I think Al's the scummiest thing we have going, but I still would prefer to hear from him before he's lynched. He could have an important reveal or a BS one, but either way it should be of interest. Right now, anyone who doesn't want him heard from can end it. I'm not thrilled with that situation.

If anyone's that antsy to drop the hammer, I'd ask that they try to wait another couple hours. He was here yesterday around 2:30PM eastern. Give him at least until then.

And what did you describe earlier? That most likely more than 1 person who voted for Al is in fact scum trying to distance themselves...if Al is scum. And if Al is town than everyone who voted for him is town? Sounds like a pretty big assumption with little merit. I'm voting for Al because of his first post and poor explanation. Most people are probably doing the same. Other than that, as always with first day it's a guess with hopefully a little bit of luck. FOS: Fredo

Pretty much. Though I see his logic, it is monstrous assumption...one that I'm not putting a ton of stock in at this time. Maybe when we learn more about the game, we'll be able to look back at that chain of voting and make some educated guess on who's who but not so much on Day 1.

I get that, I really do. hould show up again this afternoon, I hope.

I think Al's the scummiest thing we have going, but I still would prefer to hear from him before he's lynched. He could have an important reveal or a BS one, but either way it should be of interest. Right now, anyone who doesn't want him heard from can end it. I'm not thrilled with that situation.

If anyone's that antsy to drop the hammer, I'd ask that they try to wait another couple hours. He was here yesterday around 2:30PM eastern. Give him at least until then.

The problem I have right now with this Ace...is there are 15 people viewing and not a ton of people posting or voting. He could be among those viewing, plotting with scum and what his reveal should be and when he should reveal.

The problem I have right now with this Ace...is there are 15 people viewing and not a ton of people posting or voting. He could be among those viewing, plotting with scum and what his reveal should be and when he should reveal.

This is true. If that happens, then it will be up to the rest of us to decide if we want to believe it or not. If we decide to lynch him anyway, and he turns up scum, that reveal could be useful info, too.

My feeling is that we should give it another couple hours. If he's lynched then, it's still one of the faster day one's we've ever had around here.

Regarding Fredo's idea, I don't get it. If he's innocent, why wouldn't scum have voted for him?

There's a logic to it, but I don't buy it. I figure there's scum on that train whether Capone is guilty or innocent. Scum want to lynch a townie, and they also want to distance themselves from lynched scum. We could wifom that theory to death.

On top of the original ridiculousness of that opening post, what I'm really starting to dislike about this whole scenario is how out of the gates we've already been brought to a screeching halt. Al makes his absurd opening post, then after getting quite a bit of pressure just brushes it off as nothing and disappears. Yet with so many people unhappy with this and not much else to go on, it keeps us zeroed in on him, and his lack of addressing it is hurtful to us no matter which side he's on.

If he's scum we're getting no information while he just waits us out hoping our impatience will get the best of us, and if he's town he's not doing anything to help clear his name, and certainly not contributing anything either. So what the hell is going on here? It's one thing to be busy and not get on to post much, it's another to disappear completely when you're the guy on the verge of being lynched.

On top of the original ridiculousness of that opening post, what I'm really starting to dislike about this whole scenario is how out of the gates we've already been brought to a screeching halt. Al makes his absurd opening post, then after getting quite a bit of pressure just brushes it off as nothing and disappears. Yet with so many people unhappy with this and not much else to go on, it keeps us zeroed in on him, and his lack of addressing it is hurtful to us no matter which side he's on.

If he's scum we're getting no information while he just waits us out hoping our impatience will get the best of us, and if he's town he's not doing anything to help clear his name, and certainly not contributing anything either. So what the hell is going on here? It's one thing to be busy and not get on to post much, it's another to disappear completely when you're the guy on the verge of being lynched.

I'm a little confused on peoples expectations of this game. The new format is throwing me off a bit as I'm looking at only 4 pages but I guess we're around 14 normal/JN pages. Some have complained there is already too much non-sense to sift through, others are saying not enough people are posting. My thoughts on this game is it seems to be moving awfully slow considering the amount of people. And as we're running almost at 2 full days from Sunday night we have very little to work with...and we have the one stupid post guy at L1 yet it's still a ghost town. Just seems a little weird is all.

I'm cool with rolling with the punches but this is a new one for me.

OK. I made a dumbf***k post and you've all ripped me up one side and down the other for it. I got no problem with that. In retrospect, it really was the dumbest f***ing thing I could have said. Day 1 has focused completely on that post. Not only that, people are already throwing doubt on my reveal before I reveal. Here it is, I view someone each night and know whether they are from Air, Earth, Fire or Water. From what I understand, most mafia (buit not all) are going to be from Fire. Take from it what you will.

OK. I made a dumbf***k post and you've all ripped me up one side and down the other for it. I got no problem with that. In retrospect, it really was the dumbest f***ing thing I could have said. Day 1 has focused completely on that post. Not only that, people are already throwing doubt on my reveal before I reveal. Here it is, I view someone each night and know whether they are from Air, Earth, Fire or Water. From what I understand, most mafia (buit not all) are going to be from Fire. Take from it what you will.

So you're saying you're a finder. Yet you come out day 1 with that post and say you're willing to take one for the team? I figured someone with a role like that wouldn't be so willing to offer themselves up.

So you're saying you're a finder. Yet you come out day 1 with that post and say you're willing to take one for the team? I figured someone with a role like that wouldn't be so willing to offer themselves up.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

No counter claims, please!

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

No counter claims, please!

Absolutely correct Ace. That's a pretty awful reveal considering the point Mr Rooney made. Why would a finder in this game come out guns a blazing and offering themselves as a sacrifice? They would not. Especially because of this setup the Doc has quite a bit to look after already. This is about as anti-town a move you can have.

First he comes out and tries to seed a very unhealthy path in this game. Secondly he reveals as finder to possibly fish for the real finder and or hopefully steal protection for a night. Obviously the latter is very unlikely unless the Doc has been drinking.

Well, we'll find out when the game is over. I told you you wouldn't believe me. And it's not really a finder or I wouldn't have made that post. I see where someone is from, not their alignment.

I don't follow you at all. How is that explanation anything but finder?

Somebody hammer me already. You guys have had your heads up your a$$eS ever since my post. Just kill me and be done with it. It didn't matter whether I revealed or not. You were already going to find something scummy. Just finish the lynch so I can flip town and you can be on your merry way to put on your blinders for someone else.

Well, we'll find out when the game is over. I told you you wouldn't believe me. And it's not really a finder or I wouldn't have made that post. I see where someone is from, not their alignment.

The role you describe sounds as close to a finder as we're going to have in this game. You see the nation their from, and most scum will be Fire, and most fire will be scum. Much like a finder will see scum but not a Godfather, or will see a Miller as scum. Same thing.

I also think you suck at this game whether you're the cop or mafia. Either way, that opening post was pure stupidity.

I just don't see how useful it is if all the scum aren't from the fire nation. I can see how it would be extremely useful for scum.

Why do you say that? I can see how it's marginally helpful but I'm curious as to your reasoning as to why it's more of a scum role.

I don't like it. Even if he's innocent, he can't reveal any of his results because it would just get scum closer to the Avatar because they would know anyone not revealed as Air nation isn't the Avatar. And if he finds a Fire nation, there's still quite possible 2 or more non-scum characters from the fire nation, and even revealing those results could hurt the town.

Ask Frank. He seems to understand his logic...while understanding it's a monsterous assumption of course.

Saying I understand his logic, doesnt mean I agree with it. I hear what he is saying and understand why he's come to the opinion because I've been on both sides. Again, I dont agree with it, hence why I called him out on it first, but I do get where he is coming from. Dont think its sound and I'm not following it, but I get it.

Whats wrong with that you dipstick?

Having a hard time seeing the benefit of this role if we dont know definitively if mafia are from the Air, Earth, Fire or Water.

The role you describe sounds as close to a finder as we're going to have in this game. You see the nation their from, and most scum will be Fire, and most fire will be scum. Much like a finder will see scum but not a Godfather, or will see a Miller as scum. Same thing.

I also think you suck at this game whether you're the cop or mafia. Either way, that opening post was pure stupidity.

We've already agreed that opening posty was pure stupidity. If you going to judge my play by one f***ing post, you can shove that giant d***o you have sitting by your bed right up that fat a$$ of yours.

Having a hard time seeing the benefit of this role if we dont know definitively if mafia are from the Air, Earth, Fire or Water.

Well actually, if they are Fire they are scum.. so we do know that for sure.

Id assume that he said but not all because it is likely the GF will be air earth or water...

I buy this reveal... unfortunately

Archived