Sign in to follow this  
The Gun Of Bavaria

***Official New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers Series Thread***

Congrats to the Tigers. You know, as an senior Yankees fan, when I was a kid the Tigers and Indians were the teams to beat. I don't know exactly when this rivarly with the Red Sox started. It certainly wasn't during the 50's and 60's.

It began with the trade of Babe Ruth, as that signaled the end of Red Sox domination, to Yankee domination

Scotty, I'm telling you seriously here. I don't remember the Sox being a challenge to the Yanks back in the 50's and 60's. I think a lot of this rivalry has been since the invention of TV and the media coverage the way we know it now. The Bucky Dent HR might have been the beginning.

Not to put the Sox down here, but come on, two titles in 80 years...why would there even be a rivalry?

Put the Rap Card back in the deck. I grew up listening to rap. I mean my entire childhood until well into college, all I listened to is rap. Hell, I'm 35 and I still listen to the stuff, well mostly the old stuff because some of the new stuff is terrible.

Eminem, who would want you to think he's some bad ass born and raised in the "hood" of Detroit, is a little punk ass suburban kid who grew up in various white trash suburbs in Macomb County.

Perhaps I should clarify that Eminem is an idiot.

Rap is crap...I'm from another generation. Anyway, congrats to your Tigers. They kicked the Yanks ass by taking 3 of 4.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company